mazed_1831

Minsk vs T22 game performance

4 comments in this topic

[UWM]
4 posts
1,444 battles

Hi i am a relatively new player focusing primarily on DDs.

I have been grinding the RU line and enjoy playing it. But my performance with the T7 minsk is quite poor with around 28% win rate.

While the T22 got above 50% after getting a  10 pts captain.

I do what I think I'm supposed to do with a Minsk ... Being the harasser of enemy ships and attracting the heat without dying ... But even then my team seems to be loosing.

To reiterate I love the RU line and if u could give any adivse will be highly appreciated.

TIA

[PSYCO]
70 posts
2,871 battles

[SPOILER ALERT] Not Superunicum.

I think you have higher WR in T22 because it has a higher impact in a match with her hydro smoke combo, contesting caps. Whereas the Minsk you farm farm farm damage and hope your team does not throw, cause you usually don't go into caps.

More info is needed i guess, like how you harass the enemy. which flank you go to. etc

*I think you should post into the general discussions section for more replies.*

Edited by Dendi_Superman
  • Cool 1

[UWM]
4 posts
1,444 battles

First off thank you very much for your advise.

As for the Minsk my playstyle composes of going very close to a CAP or into it (if no CV) shooting the DDs first … Then flanking on a side and hitting the red target closest to our side to draw attention … changing between targets and running at full speed to dodge those inbound shells …. Generally I move towards the weak side so as to hold of the targets but around 28% WR is a bit too low and statistically my team can't be loosing all those matches just for me right? I do want to contribute and actually enjoy the teamplay more than my personal gain as its for my entertainment … so if a teammate asks for some specific support I'll do it irrespective of the hit I might take ….  I have temporarily stopped playing the minsk as i'm trying to grind my RN DD captain for 10 Pts (now on jervis and want the CE) and experienced that the guns on the Minsk isn't as hard hitting as Jervis …. at any rate it seems I need to figure out some technique that suits me while playing minsk …. And thanks again for your response. Cheers!

[TF44]
120 posts
11,832 battles

Hi mazed,

From what you described your play style is a little too aggressive for a VMF DD. Whilst it is great that you actively engage in team play and respond to team requests, you still need to be aware of the limitations of the VMF DD line. They are excellent 2nd line ships, flanking ships and gun boats. They are outclassed in terms of contesting a CAP or holding a specific map area for any length of time.

You have just missed the Narai rotation however next time it comes around, dust off your Minsk and practice gunnery, flanking and springing torpedo traps. If you look up Social Wolves channel you may find that there are enough players formed up to play Narai out of rotation.

You will find the Jervis a lot more suited to the play style you have described.

Getting CE on your DD must be a priority, especially for T7. T7 DD have large footprints which puts them at a disadvantage against T6 and T8 DD. This is especially the case with T8 DD which have access to the Ship Upgrade "Concealment System Module 1" in Slot 5. Essentially T8-T10 can access 20% detection reduction through the Captain Skill and Ship Upgrade combination.

GLHF

Taipan

• Cool 1