You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gavioli

How to Bismark

13 comments in this topic

8 posts
993 battles

Guys, i cant make this ship work. This legitimately feels a downgrade from the Gneisenau. I would NEVER give up my AA and torpedoes for 2 extra guns that already dont hit the broadside of a barn from the inside. I mean, i can make a rental montana work verses expert players with 10,000+ battles yet i can make this ship work.

I dont really know why i feel so pessimistic about its just worse than its competitors

I apologize if i sound a bit ranty. I was hoping you guys had any idea on how to make this work. Iv tried EVERYTHING. I casually have ~35,000 health shaved off at the spawn due to their carriers. Iv tried long range sniping but its atrociously boring and unsatisfying. Angling wouldnt work with this ship??. It catches fire as if its made out of paper machete, no seriously, i fear cruisers and carriers more than I do BBs or DDs. Iv even tried brawling but the problem is, my pool is way too low to do any useful damage

Any ideas?

8 posts
993 battles
3 minutes ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

Please don't say you are running secodary build.

I havnt planned on running any build yet so that I get a feel of the ship and her weaknesses

I should go AA or tank build shouldnt I?

[SMOKE]
1,755 posts
15,163 battles
29 minutes ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

anything particularly wrong about that  ... am curious to know ..

[KMS-A]
379 posts
459 battles
15 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

It doesn't work for me... iN tHe cUrRenT mEtA

[KMS-A]
379 posts
459 battles
41 minutes ago, Gavioli said:

I havnt planned on running any build yet so that I get a feel of the ship and her weaknesses

I should go AA or tank build shouldnt I?

If you are a player who get pissed off by CV a lot (like me for example) go AA build 

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,539 posts
7,157 battles

A German BB with out a secondary build is like a day without sunshine.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
2,474 posts
11,494 battles
1 hour ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

52 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

36 minutes ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

It doesn't work for me... iN tHe cUrRenT mEtA

26 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

A German BB with out a secondary build is like a day without sunshine.

I’ve tried to be fairly neutral when it comes to the cause of the current meta.

But it’s things like this, certain ships, builds, or whole lines becoming near unworkable ‘in the current meta’, which makes me think WG really have taken too many steps in the wrong direction.

Secondary builds were hilarious fun once, but now, both with increased HE spam, and being forced to stay near allies for fear of planes constantly chipping away at HP, there’s less chances to get in and brawl until late game, and with the poor main gun accuracy, less tools to get to late game.

4,360 posts
8,333 battles
14 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

But it’s things like this, certain ships, builds, or whole lines becoming near unworkable ‘in the current meta’, which makes me think WG really have taken too many steps in the wrong direction.

Anyone trying to deny World of Warships is a badly balanced MOBA? Anyone?

[SMOKE]
1,755 posts
15,163 battles
19 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Anyone trying to deny World of Warships is a badly balanced MOBA? Anyone?

well for certain not me  ... badly balanced, more like grossly in-balanced

[KAMI]
1,479 posts
12,231 battles

Is 2019, i dont recommend you doing pure secondary built, take a hybrid build

Avoid Manual Secondaries, take Fire Prevention.

Bismarck gun dispersion have always been wonky, so getting the Aiming Mod dispersion will improve your experience in it( ALL KM BB actually need this )

This is what my commander would have as shown above if is 19point

You can run Basic of Survivability instead of BFT to  reduce AoE  effect duration(e.g flood,fire) faster.

Edited by Gummilicious

[BLESS]
1,082 posts
9,815 battles

In a T8 game, Bismark is lots of fun. Grab a couple of CA/DD friends and an extra BB for backup and just steamroll the enemy team down the flank of your choice.

Every T8 ship has to deal with TX MM these days, and TX CVs. Bismark is no exception and in those games it's much less fun to play, and your gameplay options are pretty much limited to "try to stay alive" for the first half of the match. If you and your team's AA cruisers and CV play it smart and cooperate, you can live. Usually by the 10 min mark there's an opening. Join a push and prove just how tough you can be to kill.

The dumbest Bismark/Derpitz players are the ones who in a T10 game immediately leave their AA supports and head off by themselves to flank single-handedly. You might was well sit broadside to a Montana, or rush a Shima. You are basically yelling "kill me now" to the enemy CV.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

[NFB]
1,315 posts
13,454 battles

Well, these are the days of carriers and T8’s often end up in T10 games. But that’s the same for all players/ships.

Do you really want to compare T10 Montana and T8 Bismarck and conclude T8 is bad? Not sure you do yourself a favour thinking that way.

When you say “no built”, does this mean you drive Bismarck A-hull without modules or captain skills? Well, a fully upgraded/build Bismarck would run circles around you.

When you go from a fully upgraded Gneisenau to an A-hull Bismarck without modules/captain skills, that may not feel like an upgrade. But upgrade the Bismarck, fit modules and at least a 10pt captain, and you will have a ship superior to Gneisenau. And a ship that can stand up against anything her tier.

Whatever annoys you most, select captain skills and modules accordingly. If carriers annoy you, go for AA build and stick with other ships. Carriers love BB’s that go by themselves.

A secondaries build for Bismarck is fun, unfortunately there are many battles where your secondaries do not fire a single shot. A secondaries build is fun, but overall may not be the best option, IMO. A secondaries build still has some benefit for AA, though.

• Cool 1