You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

Single player senario idea

15 comments in this topic

[TF44]
Beta Tester
118 posts
7,259 battles

If WOWS introduced  single player senario for training purposes would it help improve gameplay in general?

Such as dodging torps in dd/bb/ca/cc with levels (like a mini game) giving just enough XP to entice players, with or without credits (so it doesn't hurt anyhow)

A mini game where you have to drive a BB through an area but keep it angled to avoid citadels? 

maybe a minigame that makes you practice changing the AA aura's while constantly attacked by planes? 

Be nice to be able to train commanders when the toxicity has got you pulling hair out in randoms and also help teach people some decent basics, a bit of fun, some bragging rights if you get to the highest level and less broadsiding BBs?

Other ideas, thoughts?

• Cool 8

[KMS-A]
Modder
356 posts
425 battles
2 hours ago, Tagnbag said:

A mini game where you have to drive a BB through an area but keep it angled to avoid citadels? 

Except if you are a German BB :Smile_teethhappy:

Jokes aside, it's a nice idea.

[SH0T]
1,300 posts
8,148 battles

Is there many fresh player ?

Old dogs hard to learn new tricks just saying. Player that play hunderds game but still suck would not do that lol

[SMOKE]
653 posts
10,034 battles

There's already training room, which you can somehow manage , but of course specially tailored training session would be great , tough for single player type it might be hard to made an OP all fitting ( after all if you got to run that op in your BB vs your DD it would be 2 totally different need )

• Cool 2

[UNRYU]
80 posts
5,402 battles

That would be hard. My friend have 1000+ games and he still doesn't understand that turning in towards torpedoes have higher chance of dodging the torpedo, not out. Even when I'm shouting at him in team speak.

[NLG]
28 posts
2,522 battles

We should actually teach the mechanics somehow. Lots of people fail at the scenarios that we already have. How would this new scenario fix people failing?

73 posts
1,374 battles
Just now, Verytis said:

We should actually teach the mechanics somehow. Lots of people fail at the scenarios that we already have. How would this new scenario fix people failing?

The idea is that use some specialized training scenarios to teach players about some mechanics and tactics like WASD hack and angling, I think.

[NLG]
28 posts
2,522 battles
5 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

The idea is that use some specialized training scenarios to teach players about some mechanics and tactics like WASD hack and angling, I think.

In a sense, WASD and angling already exists in other scenarios. Although there is a much higher emphasis on dealing damage because the players are dealing with waves of ships.

Here we seem to be leaning towards damage mitigation tactics instead. I'm curious on how would we approach this special training scenario.

[LYNMF]
[LYNMF]
476 posts
12,435 battles

Single player?

Maybe you're logging in into the wrong game here? 😂

• Funny 2

[KMS-A]
Modder
356 posts
425 battles
On 6/15/2019 at 7:25 PM, humusz said:

Old dogs hard to learn new tricks

Sadly very true, I have watched countless videos but I haven't learn any new tricks...

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
522 posts

1. Old dogs hard to learn new tricks.

2. Most people don't care about new tricks because crying is easier.

3. WoWs aren't compulsory education, only spiritual and psychological damage to people who play/treat this game seriously.

Actually, not a bad idea.

if the exp earned in scenario are only usable on those scenario.

(e.g. if you get a Tier X via single player mode you are not able to use them in other modes).

Edited by spixys

Administrator
208 posts

Interesting ideas and comments seriously, and thank you for a meaningful discussion captains 🙂 

[TF44]
Beta Tester
118 posts
7,259 battles

Im saying if it was an actual xp earning or maybe reward (like personal missions) then people might do it and learn. 

Say if you had to run a DD from  A to B and on the way torpedoes were fired that you had to dodge.., or A BB through a course while dodging torps or angling against shells. 

Not as obviously complex as senario's are for some people ... 

Lets face it, some people do it well, some have issues and some can never learn, but worth a try

1,857 posts
6,025 battles

May as well ask for a single-player mode while we're at it :Smile_hiding:

(BTW, Lesta Studio, the actual developers of World of Warships, made a single-player game called "Pacific Storm", based on the Pacific Theater of WW2)