Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Navy_Sensou

Exposition (You may have already known)

17 comments in this topic

[GP]
86 posts
8,939 battles

shot-19_06.11_18_32.36-0664.thumb.jpg.af0e0f0f07670346f5c8aa05784cf406.jpg

Republique's or Bourgogne's armor? No problem, i'll show you the trick:

shot-19_05.19_14_02.36-0804.thumb.jpg.d484e6a21fc8914952a42ac068d5e71b.jpgshot-19_05.19_14_04.11-0696.thumb.jpg.3f7f644eb13845f94d76c141d42072b0.jpg

Drop the bomb at a high altitude and drop a bit further back on the Repub's deck, that's where it's most vulnerable.

Edited by Navy_Sensou
  • Cool 2

[TLS]
1,600 posts
17,189 battles

Why is that France not even moving and aligning itself perfectly for you?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,452 posts
12,921 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Why is that France not even moving and aligning itself perfectly for you?

The whole country of France isn't moving?

DANCE YOU CHEESE EATING SURRENDER MONKEYS!

• Funny 3

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,463 posts
11,795 battles

That's what im testing altitude bombing does it effect for getting citadel or not

Last testing was 0.8.2 i think

[TLS]
1,600 posts
17,189 battles

What I have experienced so far from AP bomb testing is that you cannot deploy it too low at the last moment as the bomb angle is too shallow and leads to a lot of ricochets. Yes you get the hits but the quality of the hits is what matters. In theory high altitude bombing should get you citadels but the issue is the bomb scatter. Basically anyone who plays cvs by now should have realised that whatever choices you make, there are trade-offs basically summed up as High Risk, High Rewards.

[REPOI]
5,134 posts
21,072 battles
31 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

What I have experienced so far from AP bomb testing is that you cannot deploy it too low at the last moment as the bomb angle is too shallow and leads to a lot of ricochets. Yes you get the hits but the quality of the hits is what matters. In theory high altitude bombing should get you citadels but the issue is the bomb scatter. Basically anyone who plays cvs by now should have realised that whatever choices you make, there are trade-offs basically summed up as High Risk, High Rewards.

of course not, who the heck drops last second anyways unless they dropping on a mino or something?

[TLS]
1,600 posts
17,189 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

of course not, who the heck drops last second anyways unless they dropping on a mino or something?

Interestingly, you will be more successful at last second drops if you approach from the butt rather from the front. My hours of using stationary soviet ships as target practice seems to indicate this. Likely something to do with the armour mechanics blahblahblahblah -inserttechnobabble-.

That is why I believe that we who play cvs, even though we play other ships just as well, know the difficulty in getting consistent results and don't simply mouth off. Yes, I tired Midway on PTS and the rockets are like god but you have to know how to use them is problem. And the shit torpedo damage. -_- (Also, if people play and see how the cv has to approach the target to get maximum results, they'd know how to reposition.)

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[MRI]
1,982 posts
11,126 battles
5 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

That's what im testing altitude bombing does it effect for getting citadel or not

Last testing was 0.8.2 i think

Afaik only the angle does. Whether you drop high or low it doesn't matter. It is just that when you drop high, the bomb falls at an almost 90 degree angle to the ship's armour, but when you drop low the bomb comes it at shallow angle.

Also WG confirmed in one of the recent Reddit Q&As that bomb speed does not affect bomb penetration, so it does not matter how fast your planes are travelling when you make the drop - penetration is the same.

Edited by Thyaliad

[TLS]
1,600 posts
17,189 battles

The hard life of a CV player: Aiming to complete trajectory calculations against moving object while aiming in a moving object with a moving reticule that is affected by moving ALL within a few seconds while attempting to dodge AA for pathetic returns. 

The only satisfaction is the drakonation detonation or massive citadels when your hard work pays off.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[MRI]
1,982 posts
11,126 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The hard life of a CV player: Aiming to complete trajectory calculations against moving object while aiming in a moving object with a moving reticule that is affected by moving ALL within a few seconds while attempting to dodge AA for pathetic returns. 

The only satisfaction is the drakonation detonation or massive citadels when your hard work pays off.

I find it funny that somebody was triggered enough by this to downvote the post.

2,274 posts
6,176 battles
17 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

And that is exactly why I absolutely hate the new CV gameplay. Playing an artillery ship is more satisfying with essentially the same mechanics. 

[SH0T]
893 posts
10,140 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Dont make it sound harder than it really is, we all know its not overly difficult to play CV. WG dumbed it down so even a turnip can play it now.

[TLS]
1,600 posts
17,189 battles
9 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I find it funny that somebody was triggered enough by this to downvote the post.

Either its drakon with his "I hate you" (unlikely because he would say I hate up upfront) or the usual do not play cv anti-cv mob. Unfortunately that is the real and unpalatable truth that I speak: when you try it, you will keep quiet because you know how it feels. I know how ijn torpedo dds are terrible and I do want them buffed. I know USN gunboats are supereffective because of their RoF and they don't need buffs. I know <T9 Soviet cruisers are paper boats with big p0n0s because I have tried them out. I know that GK is a big bote that can soak up damage but essentially needs a buff to the guns because it is difficult to brawl.

It is this lack of perspective that irks me to no end.

Of course any ship in good hands will be OP. Drakon in his haku will beat me in my haku one on one any day (except on a bad one) because he is simply a better player. He will be able to do thing I cannot. Should I fault him? That is why I disagree that Stalingrad should be so exclusive. From my games with him, Stalingrad is a very good ship if you know his strengths and weaknesses. So you are giving a very good ship to very good players only and of course it is going to be double OP. (FYI, Stalingrad's weakness is the lack of team support)

Yes, I know I have ships that don't suit my playstyle and I don't play them as often. But I still do try them to learn their strengths and weaknesses and how to counter/support them.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
1,600 posts
17,189 battles
44 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

And that is exactly why I absolutely hate the new CV gameplay. Playing an artillery ship is more satisfying with essentially the same mechanics. 

Ditto. But what to do now? There is no turning back and that is why I chose to relearn and adapt. Yes, I can still bitch about it but you cannot fault me for not at least trying. If you don't want to play it, it is your choice. You make a comment about it being terrible because you have tried it. I find no issue. As I mention in the post above, it's the ones that don't try yet make generalizing comments that are the issue.

• Cool 1

2,274 posts
6,176 battles
14 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

There is no turning back and that is why I chose to relearn and adapt.

I choose to not play new CVs.

I wonder how many people who are like me: don't play new CVs but also don't b*tch about them. Must be a teeny tiny percentage.

[TLS]
1,600 posts
17,189 battles

As an afterthought, over the weekend I was playing snipers of newport in my ranger. 2nd wave, there was this dd (icarus? farragut?) that was trying to position himself to take out the incoming iso. I knew he would smoke fire because if I played dd, I'd do the same thing. What did I do? I change my db path to scout the iso for him and drop a spotting fighter so that he could do his job. Thank you was the reply. And we easily won. All because I play dd as well and know how to dd in the op and that he needed some spotting.

Beta Tester
59 posts
2,006 battles

WG messed up big time with this update

When you are in a surface ship you are always being harrased (not killed unless you re really unlucky) by these pesky flies and AA is useless against them ( It is useless... i have successfully attacked freakin baltimores in my cv....) 

When you are in a CV you are helping one flank and you see the other crumbling...and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop that since you cant deal damage fast enough (unlike before).

I feel pissed both when i am in a cv and when i am in my dd....

Sign in to follow this