You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMAS_DropBear

New idea for a Tier one ship, an English Fishing Trawler

27 comments in this topic

[RAN_]
13 posts
4,669 battles

What do you think guys?

I think there should be a new Tier One ship.

It would be an English fishing trawler called the "Primo Victoria".

It would sail around blaring Sabaton music to all within a 5km radius. An added feature would be the band on the aft deck.

WG could hand graft a 100mm dual turret to the front of the trawler somewhere.

There could also be a special winnable captain for the ship called "Joakim Brodén " Sabatons lead singer.

Could you get someone right on this please?

• Funny 2

[SMOKE]
657 posts
10,057 battles

How about a Soviet T1 river fishing boat, named " Quiet flows the Don " and with special captain Grigori Melekhov ( special skill to EM and BOS ), it would have specialty in having very shallow draft so that its immune to all type of torpedos and with concealment that's best the best in game , its armament would include grafted on Katyusha 1X16 132mm rocket launcher ( damage equate 152mm guns )  HE only with a 90% chance of starting fire and 8.5KM range with a dispersion of 1.25KM  , reload will take very long time of 110 sec. 

• Funny 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TROLL]
326 posts

I have another suggestion - a new T1 lifeboat from Captain Phillips

It's characteristics are 

Abductions - Can deploy somali pirates on slow BBs to abduct their (loligirls) captains 

Negotiations -  Is able to bully enemy ships for more credits

Immune to Threats - Is able to cap enemy territories and complete the mission without the fear of being one-shotted to death (perks of kidnapping a captain)

• Cool 1

[ULAG]
899 posts
8,291 battles
2 hours ago, Mechfori said:

How about a Soviet T1 river fishing boat, named " Quiet flows the Don " and with special captain Grigori Melekhov ( special skill to EM and BOS ), it would have specialty in having very shallow draft so that its immune to all type of torpedos and with concealment that's best the best in game , its armament would include grafted on Katyusha 1X16 132mm rocket launcher ( damage equate 152mm guns )  HE only with a 90% chance of starting fire and 8.5KM range with a dispersion of 1.25KM  , reload will take very long time of 110 sec. 

Imagine putting Kuznetzov in that ship and you basically have 2xHP and 20% dispertion for enemy too:Smile_trollface:

1,893 posts
6,031 battles
14 hours ago, HMAS_DropBear said:

Did I just start a troll feast?

Is your thread a troll one?

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles

"Trolling" is the act of trailing something tasty behind you (bait) as inconspicuously and innocently as possible, hoping that something notices the bait, thinks it a fortuitous happenstance and attempts to take or "swallow" the bait.

Of course in the most literal and original sense, this is done by a fisherman who as a matter of profession, attaches literal bait to a literal hook in order to catch literal fish whose literal mouths are ensnared by a literal hook and thus allowing the wily fisherman to literally reel them in and eat or sell said bait swallower.

The misappropriation of the language related to the act of trolling has made it seem as if a "troll" is a bad person who deliberately stirs up trouble on the internet.

To drag bait behind you is "to troll" or simply "trolling" and is not a noun related to the nasty Norse/Scandinavian mythological creature known as a troll (noun).

Interesting, this incorrect use of the language misses the whole point - and that is simply, you can choose not to take the bait.

However, in this entitled world of the easily offended snowflake it is easier to change the meaning of troll into a deliberate and inescapable "monster" whose actions on the internet cannot be avoided and thus must be called out and blamed for their own inability to filter and respond thoughtfully to the mindless anonymity of the world wide web.

In short, it has become someone else's fault that they are offended or upset when in actual fact, what they have done is "take the bait" and blamed someone else for their own brainless fishlike behaviour.

• Cool 2

[NFB]
1,160 posts
9,571 battles
7 hours ago, HMAS_DropBear said:

Looks like it... :)

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles
1 hour ago, zergling_ said:

Give my 5 minutes back!

I'm sorry. Some moments are set in time and cannot be changed.

Still, you could try calling this guy.

He's a bit flexible on the rules.

(Also a nice reminder that we already had a beloved female Time Lord!)

leisure_hive.jpg

• Cool 1

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles
3 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

(Also a nice reminder that we already had a beloved female Time Lord!

Staaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhp it

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles
2 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Staaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhp it

I feel your pain.

My timey wimey is still all wibbly wobbly.

[CLAY]
1,196 posts
8,104 battles
9 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I'm sorry. Some moments are set in time and cannot be changed.

Still, you could try calling this guy.

He's a bit flexible on the rules.

(Also a nice reminder that we already had a beloved female Time Lord!)

leisure_hive.jpg

I liked Romanadvoratrelundar. Her school smarts meshed well with the Doctor's street smarts, meaning that while the Doctor still knew a lot of stuff she didn't, he was no longer 'the smartest in all fields' which he put on for the other companions.

Also, Romana referred to herself on several occasions as a Time Lady. Not nitpicking, just stating.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles
9 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I liked Romanadvoratrelundar. Her school smarts meshed well with the Doctor's street smarts, meaning that while the Doctor still knew a lot of stuff she didn't, he was no longer 'the smartest in all fields' which he put on for the other companions.

Yes, very much so. I need to rewatch the whole Key of Time arc. It's funny because it felt kind of like a couple of professionals on the job. It showed a serious and responsible side to the Doctor and although romping about the multiverse with a "oh look the TARDIS took us here, I wonder why?" attitude makes for excellent stories, the kind of focus he and Romana had was cool too.

9 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Also, Romana referred to herself on several occasions as a Time Lady. Not nitpicking, just stating.

Sif argue with Romana... I'd much rather her on my side, or at my side or... erm… well she's old enough to be my... don't even care.

Edited by Max_Battle

[CLAY]
1,196 posts
8,104 battles
3 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

es, very much so. I need to rewatch the whole Key of Time arc.

I've got the DVD set somewhere. I was particular fond of the first two.

The Ribos Operation. Where the Doctor gets involved in a scheme with a Con Artist trying to sell a planet to an interstellar warlord. Proving that the Doctor is just as sneaky as the Con Artist.

And the Pirate Planet. Where the Doctor is up against a Pirate Captain who sails a Planet around, devouring other planets. Features an epic battle between a robot parrot and a robot dog.

Then there was The Stones of Blood, which make the Weeping Angels look like Garden Gnomes.

They really had some good storylines back then.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles
7 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I've got the DVD set somewhere. I was particular fond of the first two.

The Ribos Operation. Where the Doctor gets involved in a scheme with a Con Artist trying to sell a planet to an interstellar warlord. Proving that the Doctor is just as sneaky as the Con Artist.

And the Pirate Planet. Where the Doctor is up against a Pirate Captain who sails a Planet around, devouring other planets. Features an epic battle between a robot parrot and a robot dog.

Then there was The Stones of Blood, which make the Weeping Angels look like Garden Gnomes.

They really had some good storylines back then.

I have all the original series-es that I downloaded completely legally and lawfully a while back.

• Funny 1

1,893 posts
6,031 battles

When Max, Grygus and Ralph get together, no thread is safe from being forcefully, hostilely derailed.

Actually, just Max is (more than) enough.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,285 posts
12,464 battles
6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

When Max, Grygus and Ralph get together, no thread is safe from being forcefully, hostilely derailed.

Sometimes just Max is (more than) enough.

It's only hostile if you resist.

resistance-is-futile.jpg

[O7]
56 posts
11,638 battles
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:29 PM, HMAS_DropBear said:

What do you think guys?

I think there should be a new Tier One ship.

It would be an English fishing trawler called the "Primo Victoria".

It would sail around blaring Sabaton music to all within a 5km radius. An added feature would be the band on the aft deck.

WG could hand graft a 100mm dual turret to the front of the trawler somewhere.

There could also be a special winnable captain for the ship called "Joakim Brodén " Sabatons lead singer.

Could you get someone right on this please?

Didn't British fishing boats or trawlers engage the Russian fleet in the North Sea in about 1903-4?  Kind of.   The Russians where sailing to the Pacific to get revenge for the Japanese attack on Port  Arthur.  The Russians were very nervous and trigger happy.

1,893 posts
6,031 battles
14 hours ago, Jayde2405 said:

The Russians were very nervous and trigger happy.

More like super incompetent that the commander of that squadron invented new and creative profane names to call those incompetent ships.

Imagine a dozens of warships that could score more hits on a friendly ship (cruiser Aurora) than a bunch of fishing trawlers. Oh and Kamchatka the wolf-crier.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
526 posts
2019/6/11 に 午後11時8分 に、HMAS_DropBear の発言:

This is what's forums are for nowadays.

If you think of gathering information, there are better choices :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
7,596 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Actually, just Max is (more than) enough.

Yes, those three are very very naughty boys.

In the old days, there was a special way to treat the class troublemakers..

Spoiler

Final act: Minister moves  to ban corporal punishment in all schools.

• Funny 2

1,893 posts
6,031 battles

I forgot Antifoul is also one of them too. The (un)holy Elite Four.

• Funny 3