Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

question about AP bomb

7 comments in this topic

221 posts
4,012 battles

I've been playing the rework Hosho. I tried using the DB which seems to be equipped with AP bomb. But for some reason, they inflict too little damage to enemy ships. In one battle, I use DB only. I scored 10 penetrating hits and 4 citadel hit, but the total damage is less than 5K. Is this what DB was meant to be or am I playing it wrong?

[GP]
75 posts
8,173 battles

It’s tier 4, what do you expect? Devastating 8k damage?

[TROLL]
326 posts

Whoa calm down satan, it's just a T4 ship. Go easy on those poor fishermen. 

221 posts
4,012 battles
7 hours ago, Puteralanun said:

I've been playing the rework Hosho. I tried using the DB which seems to be equipped with AP bomb. But for some reason, they inflict too little damage to enemy ships. In one battle, I use DB only. I scored 10 penetrating hits and 4 citadel hit, but the total damage is less than 5K. Is this what DB was meant to be or am I playing it wrong?

With 4 citadel hits, I expect at least 10K. Whats the point of scoring a citadel hit if it's not that much different from normal hit. In fact, DB is so bad that I forgoing it altogether. Rocket and TB also not so damaging, but at least they have a chance to burn and flood. 

Edited by Puteralanun

[HMASW]
1,851 posts
8 hours ago, Puteralanun said:

Don't be worried about it, while you drop your puny little AP bombs on us & do stuff all damage, we'll shoot our singular AA gun at you, & do stuff all damage to your planes...    AND... We can actually go one better than you, because we can MISS shooting your planes altogether,  how's that for a bonus? 

:cap_rambo:

Ordrazz

670 posts
5,322 battles
10 hours ago, Puteralanun said:

With 4 citadel hits, I expect at least 10K.

In tier 4? that's a lot.

[MRI]
1,866 posts
10,812 battles

The Tier 4 CVs are a bit anemic, but considering that some ships at that tier have very little AA (some don't even have AA guns lol), I think it is only fair.

Sign in to follow this