Sign in to follow this  
Eddywils

Locked out for team killing

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
31 posts
620 battles

Hmmm I think I did TK one player who stabbed me in the back, but banning me for team killing is a bit of an over reaction when there is no complaint system in place to report unfair conduct by other players.

Any way how does this ban system work in WoWS is it automatic like in WOT or do you have to lodge a ticket when someone TKs you.  I've been TKed a few times my self but didn't bother reporting it. 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Hmmm I think I did TK one player who stabbed me in the back, but banning me for team killing is a bit of an over reaction when there is no complaint system in place to report unfair conduct by other players.

Any way how does this ban system work in WoWS is it automatic like in WOT or do you have to lodge a ticket when someone TKs you.  I've been TKed a few times my self but didn't bother reporting it. 

The reporting is manual, contact one of the moderators via private messaging and provide details & evidences.
Edited by Mingfang47

165 posts

Wow got banned for TK while still in Beta testing phase.

Just Because it is Beta, doesn't mean that you get let off for breaking Game rules.

While Support or a In-Game Reporting system isn't in place just yet, reports can still be made to Moderators with a replay or Screenshot of the time of death (like at the time of Impact from a Torpedo)

We will then Report it up the chain, or if it is to do with Game Chat we will deal with it ourselves

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Welp, You should Screenshot it every moment they attack you, and report it to Mod

If you Don't mind them then they will be still like that for entire CBT

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

I knew something like this would happen..

scenario: Player A starts firing at Player B, when Player B fires back, Player A will take a screenshot and report it for TK, unless player B takes a screenshot too

I suggest that when taking a screenshot, an automated time and date should be added on each screenshot :v

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

I think I did TK one player who stabbed me in the back

If playing WoT has taught you anything, you should have at least learned not to return the favour if someone is team damaging you. Doing so makes you just as guilty, and the other guy starting off first isn't something that exempts you from the game rules.

I suggest that when taking a screenshot, an automated time and date should be added on each screenshot :v

The time and date is already in the filename, and that's probably as much as things can be done. It's somewhat impractical to have the date and time watermarked within the image itself, on every single screenshot. Not all screenshots are for bug reports or teamkill reports - most of the time I take screenshots, I notice something pretty, or see something cool, and want to show off to someone.
Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I knew something like this would happen..

scenario: Player A starts firing at Player B, when Player B fires back, Player A will take a screenshot and report it for TK, unless player B takes a screenshot too

I suggest what ben wrote:

If playing WoT has taught you anything, you should have at least learned not to return the favour if someone is team damaging you. Doing so makes you just as guilty, and the other guy starting off first isn't something that exempts you from the game rules.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Unless he's blue ! Then he is free frag lol.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Bans for TK'ing is handled manually by the support team, based on evidence provided in the form of Replays, and checking the server log files. You appearently have been reported by players for it, and if you have been sanctoned for it, it is not a one time occurence. Just like in other WG games, intentionally damaging or killing your team mates, is not allowed. Just because we currently are in a Beta phase, doesn't mean that the rules won't be enforced. As with any sanction, you can appeal it with a ticket to support, and it will be reviewed. Thread closed, and moved to the locked threads section, since this is not a bug report.

/AALG

Moderation team, WoWS Asia.