Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Thyaliad

CV autopilot moving at 1/4 speed for no reason

4 comments in this topic

[MRI]
1,982 posts
11,126 battles

The autopilot sometimes makes my CV move at 1/4 speed instead of full speed.

I experienced this in two separate games in two days.

20190604_032925_PBSA108-Implacable_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

20190605_040906_PBSA108-Implacable_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay

In both games I took a lot of damage because I did not expect the CV to put itself at 1/4 speed for no reason. I also had to recall my planes just to increase my speed. In the second game my team almost lost because of bug.

WG please make sure your autopilot works if you don't want to give CV players full hull control.

Edited by Thyaliad

Administrator
352 posts

Hello, @Thyaliad 🙂 

Thank you for your report! We've checked your replay files but unfortunately we need more information to report these cases to the department in charge.

While watching the first replay file, we figured out that you moved the ship before you opened the mini map. (It seems like you press W key by mistake.) 

We guess that's the reason why your ship was moving at 1/4 speed instead of full speed during the game.

Regarding the second replay file, we kindly ask you to provide more details like when exactly you set the autopilot mode. 

Of course we do understand your frustration with the result and feel sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

World of Warships APAC Community Team

[MRI]
1,982 posts
11,126 battles
6 hours ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

Hello, @Thyaliad 🙂 

Thank you for your report! We've checked your replay files but unfortunately we need more information to report these cases to the department in charge.

While watching the first replay file, we figured out that you moved the ship before you opened the mini map. (It seems like you press W key by mistake.)  

We guess that's the reason why your ship was moving at 1/4 speed instead of full speed during the game.

Regarding the second replay file, we kindly ask you to provide more details like when exactly you set the autopilot mode. 

Of course we do understand your frustration with the result and feel sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi, thank you for your quick response.

For the first replay, I am pretty sure I did not press the W key, though I concede it is possible that I pressed it by mistake without noticing.

As for the 2nd replay, it happened near the end of the match, at around 7.45 left on the in-game timer. I noticed my CV was about to exit B cap, so I put the autopilot waypoint behind my CV, causing it to reverse as I expected.

Then at about 6 mins remaining I noticed that the enemy Musashi in C cap was moving west and was about to get a clean shot at me. Therefore I put the autopilot directly in front of my ship, just off the southern edge of the island at F6 in order to get behind it and break line of sight.

My CV started moving forward as expected, but instead of moving at full speed, the autopilot just sailed at 1/4 speed. The CV continued at 1/4 speed for over a minute as I did not notice this. In the end I was sunk because I could not get behind the island in time.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Thyaliad

Administrator
352 posts
14 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Hi, thank you for your quick response.

For the first replay, I am pretty sure I did not press the W key, though I concede it is possible that I pressed it by mistake without noticing.

As for the 2nd replay, it happened near the end of the match, at around 7.45 left on the in-game timer. I noticed my CV was about to exit B cap, so I put the autopilot waypoint behind my CV, causing it to reverse as I expected.

Then at about 6 mins remaining I noticed that the enemy Musashi in C cap was moving west and was about to get a clean shot at me. Therefore I put the autopilot directly in front of my ship, just off the southern edge of the island at F6 in order to get behind it and break line of sight.

My CV started moving forward as expected, but instead of moving at full speed, the autopilot just sailed at 1/4 speed. The CV continued at 1/4 speed for over a minute as I did not notice this. In the end I was sunk because I could not get behind the island in time.

Hope this helps!

Thank you @Thyaliad for your explanation.

We will deliver it to the department in charge and check if there's any similar issues.

We do appreciate your report for us to make better playing environment.

Have a lovely day!

Best Regards,

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this