You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Yamato or Senjo first?

Yamato or Senjo   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship would you rather be the captain of?

• Yamato
    • Senjo

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I am conflicted, i can only afford to buy one of these ships when i unlock it either today or tomorrow and i am unsure which to get first because they both seem like they will be great fun to blow things up with, so which one would you choose or which one have you chosen?

Des moines is probably out of the question, i am only up to the Pensacola and i am still yet to buy it soo yeah, Yamato or Senjo lol.

Edit:

It has been decided, i bought the Yamato just now :)

zZpVbVj.jpg

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Nothing beats Miss Hotel-chan even though her armor is pretty weak compared other ship, not something you would think a Tier 10 ship would have. Senjo is pretty ok.... I once had a Co-Op game where I was killed by two enemy Senjo while I was in a Yamato, literally peashot to death.

But Yamato is still one sweet looking ship, you got to admit.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

At the moment, I'm feeling kinda iffy about grinding to the Yamato, because the latest patch still hasn't fixed the bugged turrets (one of the developers most likely forgot a "0" place value for a few attributes). As long as the Yamato isn't fixed, I'd recommend grinding to the other ships first.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

At the moment, I'm feeling kinda iffy about grinding to the Yamato, because the latest patch still hasn't fixed the bugged turrets (one of the developers most likely forgot a "0" place value for a few attributes). As long as the Yamato isn't fixed, I'd recommend grinding to the other ships first.

Are you talking about all 3 turrets being blown up? seen that happen to a couple yamatos

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Are you talking about all 3 turrets being blown up? seen that happen to a couple yamatos

Yeah. Playing the Yamato is a drag when you have a very strong likelihood of having all your turrets destroyed, and you're unable to do anything for the rest of the match.

The armour or HP values of the turrets are broken. At this rate, the Yamato isn't worth playing at all, especially when you can play much more effectively with the tier 8 Amagi.

Edited by benlisquare

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Yeah. Playing the Yamato is a drag when you have a very strong likelihood of having all your turrets destroyed, and you're unable to do anything for the rest of the match.

The armour or HP values of the turrets are broken. At this rate, the Yamato isn't worth playing at all, especially when you can play much more effectively with the tier 8 Amagi.

I thought that was a problem with it, i honestly think they should remove that feature and just have a longer repair time for mag detonations. unrealistic but so are many other things in this game tbh.

Beta Tester
141 posts
2,261 battles

Why go for Senjou when the Das Moines get a 6s reload compared the the Senjou's 13s reload?

Nothing to say, you are absolutely right

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

if that the case then WG should consider Yamato turret to be undestroyable as the ship still flow, only secondary guns can be down

or at least there a option that you could control the 2 Mogami turret mount on her as 3 16 inch are down, i guess this could go with Iowa too

Edited by CrimsonGabri

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

if that the case then WG should consider Yamato turret to be undestroyable as the ship still flow, only secondary guns can be down

or at least there a option that you could control the 2 Mogami turret mount on her as 3 16 inch are down, i guess this could go with Iowa too

You do know that they "accidentally" erased a digit off it's armor and it's not on purpose? 

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Why go for Senjou when the Das Moines get a 6s reload compared the the Senjou's 13s reload?

To be fair

Senjo DPM potential from 12 203mm guns:  

HE: 119,784

AP: 285,384

46 AA guns

Torpedo potential:

10 torpedoes on either side of the ship

21367 dmg potential each with 8km range and 72km/h speed

152,000 Horse power engine

6-175mm of armour

16.2km firing range

51 concealment

Des moines DPM potential from 9 203mm guns:

HE: 203400

AP: 494100

71 AA guns

120,000 Horse power engine

6-152mm of armour

15.8km firing range

44 concealment

Personally i can take the cons of less DPM/AA for all the pros, the ships are really quite even they just have different play styles.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

To be fair

Senjo DPM potential from 12 203mm guns:  

HE: 119,784

AP: 285,384

46 AA guns

Torpedo potential:

10 torpedoes on either side of the ship

21367 dmg potential each with 8km range and 72km/h speed

152,000 Horse power engine

6-175mm of armour

16.2km firing range

51 concealment

Des moines DPM potential from 9 203mm guns:

HE: 203400

AP: 494100

71 AA guns

120,000 Horse power engine

6-152mm of armour

15.8km firing range

44 concealment

Personally i can take the cons of less DPM/AA for all the pros, the ships are really quite even they just have different play styles.

No, just no. The torpedoes are 8km, which means you need to risk going in, get fired upon, release your torpedoes and hope they hit. If they ever hit.

Then there's the IJN CA citadels the size of the hull. Das Moines is the ONLY Tier 10 you should ever gun for right now if you want to be powerful. Everything else is either too weak or bugged. 

Yes, I'm going up to the Senjou as well, but I'm only getting it because of how it looks.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I'd say go for Senjo, because I prefer Cruisers over Battleships :teethhappy:

Both are sexy ships, I'd get both when the game goes live. That's just my plan though, because right now some of those are kinda annoying to grind (mainly IJN Cruisers and their giant citadel :sceptic: ) Let's see if WG decide to fix them before release.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

how much......''digits'' are we talking here...?

The turret's armor in-game is listed as 65mm, while in fact it is 650mm. I'm sure this is just typo thing, funny how it lasted so long without fixes for several patches now.

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

The turret's armor in-game is listed as 65mm, while in fact it is 650mm. I'm sure this is just typo thing, funny how it lasted so long without fixes for several patches now.

oh so they miss a 0~~~~~~

and that 0 changed everything.....

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

well..if that so then we can only hope WG fix it soon enough

It was found when the CBT started. We are one(?) month into it and there's still no fix.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

You serious? they took away over 500mm of turret armour???? yeah its an accident... just like its an accident that you can not control its 6 203mm cannons.