You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JohnnyTooGood

WarGaming, Please remove Rental ships for Ranked

43 comments in this topic

17 posts
9,522 battles

For the love of this game, please remove the RENTAL ships from the Ranked season! These players don't understand how the play their selected ship and so will ruin the ranked season for everyone else! 

It's ok in Clan Battles as players are on comms, and have their teammates to help but, rental ships don't belong in ranked!

How can you rank to 'ONE' when the whole team has to carry these players.

20 posts
8,433 battles

I got Yamato, Gearing and Hindenberg rentals because I (just barely) have one tier 8 ship.

Didn't play a single game in them.  Didn't even put a captain in them.  I could see the issue.

• Cool 4

5,655 posts
9,443 battles

Am I qualified to play Rental ships? Yes, maybe.

But are all players qualified to play Rental ships? No. People having less than X number of matches in T9/10 ships cannot be allowed to play Rental ships.

18 hours ago, JohnnyTooGood said:

How can you rank to 'ONE' when the whole team has to carry these players.

Well the good thing is there are definitely those players in other teams as well :Smile_veryhappy:

[CLAY]
3,213 posts
14,114 battles

What’s the difference between having a T8 ship, being skilled at it, and getting a rental T10 and having just earned a T10 and having no experience with it?

Because while I have half a dozen or so T10s, my two I purchased most recently, GK and Wooster, I have almost no experience in. I think I played 1 co op battle in Wooster before going back to grind another T9.

Of course, I have not decided which, if any ship, I will focus on for ranked this season, or if I am going to do ranked at all.

To be honest, I don’t/can’t get beyond rank 10 or so anyway. So you’ll never see me around the business end of ranked.

5,655 posts
9,443 battles
13 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

What’s the difference between having a T8 ship, being skilled at it, and getting a rental T10 and having just earned a T10 and having no experience with it?

Because while I have half a dozen or so T10s, my two I purchased most recently, GK and Wooster, I have almost no experience in. I think I played 1 co op battle in Wooster before going back to grind another T9.

Of course, I have not decided which, if any ship, I will focus on for ranked this season, or if I am going to do ranked at all.

To be honest, I don’t/can’t get beyond rank 10 or so anyway. So you’ll never see me around the business end of ranked.

Montana is still a beast amongst BBs, and I somewhat regretted selling NC back in 2017 and not touching the US BB line since. I do have some xp playing Monty in PTs (very little change to her playstyle for 2 years).

I have Salem and Rental Monty for one thing: Gotta farm Steel. Gotta. Farm. Steel.

Beta Tester
859 posts
892 battles

Think WeeGee needs to focus on patching some intelligence to it's player base. Potatoes are out in force due to "stronk" Soviet BB's.

746 posts
19,634 battles

The CV players in my clan are loving it. Couldn’t be easier to save a star just farming spotting damage when your team is potato.

Easiest rank 1 they’ll ever get.

Beta Tester
859 posts
892 battles
11 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

The CV players in my clan are loving it. Couldn’t be easier to save a star just farming spotting damage when your team is potato.

Easiest rank 1 they’ll ever get.

Meanwhile i'm stuck with my Hosho. Gone 4 losses out of 4 matches played this afternoon. Done 50K+ damage per match and my team still loses. Gawd darn Potatoes.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,778 posts
28,377 battles

at this point i dont give a flying shit anymore, im takingy CVs and if i see my teammates are monkeys handed a keyboard, i will play to save star

[SMOKE]
2,473 posts
17,954 battles

don't even bother to care ... 7vs7 with CV and still not properly done AA , still no resolution over faulted mechanics ... why even bother ... well actually now that many of the hot head gone off to ranked, Random seems less infested , let see

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,253 battles
4 hours ago, Lupis said:

Think WeeGee needs to focus on patching some intelligence to it's player base. Potatoes are out in force due to "stronk" Soviet BB's.

To quote Yuro: "Clearly the rework that are desperately needed was not reworking the carrier, but is reworking the player base."

• Funny 1

5 posts
1,811 battles

Don't hate [Rental] people :((

I'm pretty sure they not going to troll anyone, they just trying to get experience

*Hate weegee cause they allowed them

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,213 posts
14,114 battles
45 minutes ago, kazuru_ said:

Don't hate [Rental] people :((

I'm pretty sure they not going to troll anyone, they just trying to get experience

*Hate weegee cause they allowed them

But they are so lewd!!

All their ships are naked!

Think of the children!

• Funny 2

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,495 posts
11,841 battles

I think it's great having rental ships in ranked - it allows players with less experience to experience ranked battles when they otherwise wouldn't have been able to.  How is this a bad thing, do these players not deserve to play as well?

Also, for those people frustrated with less skilled players in your battles, firstly do you not remember every other season of ranked?  Do you think the average player quality was better in T6 and 7 ranked?  Also, it pays to remember that the point of ranked is to win, and the worse the average players in the league, the easier it is for you to win.  In other words, you'll be more successful on average when these less skilled players are in the battle.  Once you win your way up to the higher leagues, you won't see many rental ships, and if you do - that person deserves to be there!

• Cool 5

[SMOKE]
2,473 posts
17,954 battles
6 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

But they are so lewd!!

All their ships are naked!

Think of the children!

No they are not .. they are allowed to mount module at no cost and assign Captains with skill reset at no cost .. so other than no camou , there's really no difference than a self owned Tech Line T10 ships ( excluding those equip with legendary upgrade )

[CLAY]
3,213 posts
14,114 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

No they are not .. they are allowed to mount module at no cost and assign Captains with skill reset at no cost .. so other than no camou , there's really no difference than a self owned Tech Line T10 ships ( excluding those equip with legendary upgrade )

I know, I'm being facetious.

401 posts
3,047 battles

How it feels watching a rented Conq / Yammy on your team #YOLO to their deaths and then mock the remaining teammates for not dying alongside them 

tumblr_o3cm3vx2Zj1uoy2m4o1_500.jpg.ad2cd6c2b2a05f4aa21e924ec72d9df1.jpg

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel
  • Funny 2

2,675 posts
17,680 battles
41 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

How it feels watching a rented Conq / Yammy on your team #YOLO to their deaths and then mock the remaining teammates for not dying alongside them 

Yup. I remember why I left this game. Is because mm dictates the majority of the results. As I'm not a gambling man I'm off again.

• Funny 2

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,153 posts
7,963 battles

In the games I have played I have noticed the same number of rentals per side. so that looks balanced to me.....must be my rose coloured glasses

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,213 posts
14,114 battles
8 hours ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

tumblr_o3cm3vx2Zj1uoy2m4o1_500.jpg.ad2cd6c2b2a05f4aa21e924ec72d9df1.jpg

TBH there are plenty of noobs in non-rental T10 ships.

• Cool 1

2,675 posts
17,680 battles

To those who laughed at my post I'd just like to explain.

I didn't say wr isn't skill based. Out of 100 matches a good player have a greater than 50% wr. But out of those 100 matches there are many matches that are unwinnable and that is the gamble. Some matches you are dealt a loss, and that is not skill based.

Alpha Tester
2,289 posts
8,802 battles
8 hours ago, keskparane said:

Yup. I remember why I left this game. Is because mm dictates the majority of the results. As I'm not a gambling man I'm off again.

I find that I get more enjoyment from the forums than I do from the actual game.

It's a shame, but my interest in the game has dwindled so much that now I only log on the week when certain Operations are on.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,885 posts
8,740 battles

With the rentals sometimes a non t10 player can make them work with a decent captain and skills.   The DDs are just bad as rentals as they immediately are on the back foot due to worse detectability.

• Cool 1

21 posts
6,856 battles

14 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I think it's great having rental ships in ranked - it allows players with less experience to experience ranked battles when they otherwise wouldn't have been able to.  How is this a bad thing, do these players not deserve to play as well?

Also, for those people frustrated with less skilled players in your battles, firstly do you not remember every other season of ranked?  Do you think the average player quality was better in T6 and 7 ranked?  Also, it pays to remember that the point of ranked is to win, and the worse the average players in the league, the easier it is for you to win.  In other words, you'll be more successful on average when these less skilled players are in the battle.  Once you win your way up to the higher leagues, you won't see many rental ships, and if you do - that person deserves to be there!

I agree with this. There are always players better and worse than you. If WG someone "removed" all the players worse than you, then you would be the potato and everyone one else would rightfully argue that you shouldn't be allowed to play. 

I find people not in the top 1% complaining about "noobs" to be quite funny and immature. I also notice that not many people who are actually unicums are so toxic, which is interesting as they are tolerating the most players worse than them?

• Cool 2