Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

How to do well in Amagi -

2 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,459 posts
12,783 battles

It's not impossible. It's not even that hard. Even in a 4CV game as this one was, you just need a few things to break your way.

shot-19_05.26_23_41.59-0150.thumb.jpg.16744bc14518994b326c2442fc07f99d.jpg

1. Top tier, woot!

2. Your CVs are on the ball, lighting up all the enemy ships for you.

3. One of the enemy CVs is kind of a noob.

4. No DD's on either team.

5. Your teammates are good enough to kill off some of your biggest threats early on, like enemy T8 BBs, but still all get themselves killed about half way through the match.

6. Broadsides. Everywhere you point your turrets, the enemy is busy sailing broadside to you. In a game where you stay in the middle, and everyone else on both teams stays on the flanks, this is pretty much the situation for the entire match.

Amagi is a good boat. Even after the rework. The nutshell, those who don't know: It's a Nagato with 2 more guns and all the plating upgraded to 32mm. Premium fighter plane consumable keeps inquisitive CVs off your back for the most part. If both CVs want you dead, you are gonna die, but they'll feel some hurt before you go.

I run a "Crazy Eddie" build. My Yamamoto captain stayed on my Nagato, so I've got some 6 pt amateur driving my Amagi now. No CE, and I took target acquisition system over concealment mod, rudder shift over damage control system. So the ship is visible from space, but unexpectedly nimble. Aiming systems mod one, of course, for farming those sweet citadels...

• Cool 3

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,165 battles

Haven’t played my Amagi for ages. It is a good ship, good combination of big guns, speed and armor when angling.

Because most of its guns are in the back, it kites quite well.

Biggest issue I had with it was short range and feeling squishy when up tiered. But that’s common for most T8s. It’s speed and ability to kite well helps n that regard.

The other problem is that it plays very different to Izumo, which is part of the reason Izumo feels so awkward.

Sign in to follow this