You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

[ichase] even he.........

91 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
1,561 posts

may be because he one of the most highest profile player in WoWs

that's why he got focus so much

Edited by PGM991

[SALT]
2,123 posts
10,571 battles

CV cult gonna say, its fine, and iChase need to git good, adapt, overcome and uninstal

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
420 posts
12,984 battles

when you feel oppressed by the CVs, it's time to turn back and become the oppressor

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,891 posts
8,769 battles

Nearly all ST's know his pain. Prior to 0.8.0 your entire game ranges from half the team to all the team focussing you.  If you are unlucky you then get someone in your own team focussing you.   I generally get about 10 test games done before I want to smash my own head in with a ballpein hammer for the exact same scenario that iChase has demonstrated in the video.  

Sine 0.8.0 I have played games where I am focussed by a CV for the entire game despite better targets being available.  In the end, that's something I know will happen and if you don't like it then don't be a CC/ST/high profile player.   The CV has the ability to hammer anyone and some targets are juicier than others.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,497 posts
11,881 battles

I watched that and am thoroughly confused.  What is making him upset?  He gets focused for about 8 mins, survives despite pushing way too far forward, and has a pretty good game overall.  It looks like a fun game to me.

It's like if I got hugely frustrated if a BB kept firing at me.  That's just the game, sometimes people target you.

It's such a bizarre video.

• Cool 4

[MRI]
3,791 posts
16,857 battles
58 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

He has been focused plenty of times before, even from way before the CV rework by other artillery ships.

It comes with being one of the more high-profile CCs and STs. You would think he would have been used to it by now.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
859 posts
892 battles
1 hour ago, PGM991 said:

> Is famous WoWs youtuber.

> Get's focused.

> Clearly the class is op.

> Ignores that fact that he was focused because e-celeb.

> CV OP.

*insert Implied Facepalm meme here*

• Cool 3

[KNCOL]
359 posts
7,336 battles
40 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I watched that and am thoroughly confused.  What is making him upset?  He gets focused for about 8 mins, survives despite pushing way too far forward, and has a pretty good game overall.  It looks like a fun game to me.

It's like if I got hugely frustrated if a BB kept firing at me.  That's just the game, sometimes people target you.

It's such a bizarre video.

This right here.

iChase probably made that to ride the anti-CV hype train.

• Cool 3

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,153 posts
23,917 battles

Yeah I'm not 100% sure what exactly is the issue here...?

I feel like I'm missing something.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
859 posts
892 battles
4 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Yeah I'm not 100% sure what exactly is the issue here...?

I feel like I'm missing something.

#CVmainsbad i think?

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles

There are people who said they are confused about ichase video here. They are not CV players at all. 

Why people say something that slight fair to CV, someone will jump up and down accusing other is CV main or CV cult. 

Just to make others comment looks biased?

It is ok to have strong opinion about CV, but vilifying other people just to discredit other people opinions is not good for discussion 

Edited by sunlo2013
  • Cool 2

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
420 posts
12,984 battles

Watched the vid, the enemy CV isn't exactly good, looking at how he missed his DB drop at mid game to Chase and focusing to only Chase most of the game instead of harassing DD that cap or getting to the other flank.

Looking at how the CV act too, the CV cut his squad to reserve the plane number. That is not a necessary move in a game with a little to less AA like that Chase's game, it's a smart move when you want to pass multiple counts of AA ships combined with the slingshot.

Should that CV be a Graf Zepp or Shoukaku, it is a good move to drop ships like Vladiovostok and Chase will be even more tilted :Smile-_tongue:

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,153 posts
23,917 battles
3 minutes ago, Lupis said:

#CVmainsbad i think?

I guess.

Does he have a string of videos showing a build up of this kind of attention over time?

It's been ages since I closely followed ANY CC - I have been trying to gather my own experiences and make up my own mind.

In my last Kidd game I was focused at least as much as he was in this video by a T10 CV - of course I was secretly happy about this 😛 but it just shows that sometimes an enemy will focus you.

Or is this just an isolated incident that got on his goat? I totally get frustration with online game where other people's play style affects your enjoyment, both allies AND enemies... and Lord knows I have my share of angry posts under my belt.

Also his "waaaaa, I feel like quitting" is about as impotent and salty as I have heard.

I'd have more respect for someone who says, "bye" clean and neat.

People quit all the time. I have breaks all the time but whinging about, "waaaa I wanna smash my keyboard," and "waaaaaaa I'm not having fun" seems lame.

I tried Destiny 2 for a while. It had/has some fun things in it. But now I don't play it any more because there's a lot I don't like about it.

Don't like? Don't play. Simples.

But I guess he has monetisation things to consider, quitting for him is more than quitting or you or me.

You and I stop playing a game and play a new one - he loses money.

Makes him a "less credible" witness.

(I'm not saying I agree or disagree with anyone's pro/anti CV stance - just saying this video is kinda lame).

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Nearly all ST's know his pain. Prior to 0.8.0 your entire game ranges from half the team to all the team focussing you.  If you are unlucky you then get someone in your own team focussing you.   I generally get about 10 test games done before I want to smash my own head in with a ballpein hammer for the exact same scenario that iChase has demonstrated in the video.  

Sine 0.8.0 I have played games where I am focussed by a CV for the entire game despite better targets being available.  In the end, that's something I know will happen and if you don't like it then don't be a CC/ST/high profile player.   The CV has the ability to hammer anyone and some targets are juicier than others.

That is pretty much it.

Ralph nailed it.

So what, he was focused on...

DEAL WITH IT!

Edited by LtDan_IceCream
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles

If you are a good player, you get focused, nothing wrong with that.

if he can't take it then don't stream then?

P. S. Nice try CV hater/removers, stop making it sounds like it never happened before rework thx, if you want to demonstrate how bad cv rework is, I remembered that Flambass had a one (or few) video that his DD being chased by opponent CV squadron pretty much the whole game - should have used those instead.

What this replay had shown is good player get focused more (great play skill btw) - he pretty much leads the push and took the flank down entirely by himself - he deserves to get more attention.

Edited by spixys

[TLS]
4,851 posts
21,287 battles

CV player wants the 'I killed ichase' achievement. High profile = high profile target in the hopes of getting on the next youtube vid

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,497 posts
11,881 battles
46 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

There are people who said they are confused about ichase video here. They are not CV players at all. 

Why people say something that slight fair to CV, someone will jump up and down accusing other is CV main or CV cult. 

Just to make others comment looks biased?

It is ok to have strong opinion about CV, but vilifying other people just to discredit other people opinions is not good for discussion 

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to say.  I said I was confused by the video, and I've played plenty of CV.

I also haven't seen a single comment here so far that is vilifying other people.  The discussion has been perfectly reasonable.

[LBAS]
1,561 posts

I never say CV are OP.

they just broken, they existent brake all balance in game.

they're balance breaker.

that's all

Edited by PGM991

[LNA]
2,093 posts
15,375 battles

Well , if you are singled out long enough , you will get overwhelmed with negative emotions. I'm not suprised. To tell the truth , i've heard a pilot sobbed on the airwaves midflight about his wife had left him ( even though you can't do idle chat on comm frequency ). Sucks to be that guy to say the least.

But if you don't get your emotion in control , you will drag everyone around and yourself down the toilet drain.

About ichase , maybe a vacation would suit him. Phuket or Ha Long Bay sounds good for a salty CC.

[MRI]
3,791 posts
16,857 battles
1 hour ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

iChase probably made that to ride the anti-CV hype train.

I used to watch CCs to learn tips about how to play better, but it seems a lot of WoWs CCs have taken this route and are more intestered in making outrage videos rather than teaching players.

Very sad. It is like all those Youtube reactionaries and their outrage "news" videos.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles
3 分前、Thyaliad の発言:

I used to watch CCs to learn tips about how to play better, but it seems a lot of WoWs CCs have taken this route and are more intestered in making outrage videos rather than teaching players.

Very sad. It is like all those Youtube reactionaries and their outrage "news" videos.

And their comfort zone called reddit.

I used to like that place when they have less people.

Edited by spixys

Beta Tester
859 posts
892 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

(I'm not saying I agree or disagree with anyone's pro/anti CV stance - just saying this video is kinda lame).

It's video's like this that gives content creators a bad name, another f2p game i play has the exact same issue. The CC's are all drama-lama's for the $$$.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,851 posts
21,287 battles

Okay, skimmed that clip and 2 pertinent points:

1. Vladivostok too OP. Nerf Plz.
2. He was using Vladivostok. On top of his "name", he is using a limited DCP ship. Of course going to be #1 target.
3. (Did I say 2?, looks like its 3 now). His team was stupid. Game already won but still charging and attempting to scrape a loss from a win. I thought this only happens on Asia server, but I have been proven wrong.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Alpha Tester
2,289 posts
8,802 battles
23 minutes ago, Lupis said:

The CC's are all drama-lama's for the $$$.

You're on to something here.

Content creators need the views to continue what they do.

And bad publicity is better than no publicity.

So by making a big to-do about things, the creator ensures people talk and post and share vids.

And that makes more views.

- See, it made me watch it.

5,690 posts
9,498 battles

Focusing on the CCs/STs instead of dealing with the real threats in the opposite team. Esp. testing ships.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a sh*tstorm
No escape from reality

• Funny 1