You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MasterWolf

patch 0.3.0.3 notes (from the russians)

18 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,557 battles

New ships:

• Soviet light cruiser Murmansk (USS Milwaukee) used by Soviets from 1944 till 1949 and then returned to USA.

Ship changes:

• Some Japanese destroyers get faster turning turrets and shorter reload times
  • Fixed a bug that caused 1hko of destroyers most if the time if AP shell hit below the waterline
  • Fixed glitches in the scope mode

New maps:

• Return of "New Dawn" map
  • An experimental "Ocean" map without any obstacles

Map fixes:

• Superiority mode now adds 3 points per second instead of 4
  • Speed of capture depends on 2 ships only. Though capture points are distributed to all ships in area

Interface:

• Credits after the battle are now shown without taking repairs and ammo in consideration
  • Post-battle screen now correctly handles torpedo damage
  • Post-battle screen now has a game logo
  • Added limit to how many 'special' symbols you can enter when creating a chat channel
  • Removed block of crew retraining for piasters button in case if player doesn't have enough credits
  • Removed block of buy button when buying Soviet ships using piasters
  • Now you can buy a ship without the crew
  • Link "report a bug" now leads to player support center
  • Now you can see the cost of removing your mods from the ship you're planning to sell
  • Fixed incorrect displaying of prices when changing modifications
  • Now you can see how many days of premium are left
  • Added a link for premium shop
  • Changed rates for map distribution

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug that prevented client from saving its state after closing
  • Decreased crash occurrences
  • Fixed crash possibility when exp transferring
  • Fixed crash possibility when clicking 'combat efficiency' (sorry if I'm wrong here, don't have English client)
  • Fixed crash possibility when researching of ships takes long time (?)
  • Fixed incorrect display of gun fire effects at maps "Big Race" and "North"
  • Somewhat improved bot navigation
  • Fixed incorrect behaviour of torpedo tubes when switching fire modes (out of range fix)
  • Fixed flying camera at the end of battle
  • Fixed bug when torpedo assist was still visible after ship destruction
  • Fixed incorrect display of slots after getting a premium ship
  • Fixed button of the previous ship in the Hatsuharu research tree
  • Fixed daily duty button

thanks to senaya on reddit for the translation

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Also the really cool jap premium light cruiser is gone :(

now they just need to give us some gold so we can test the new russian omaha

do not use derogatory terms to refer to the Japanese 

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

Also the really cool jap premium light cruiser is gone :(

now they just need to give us some gold so we can test the new russian omaha

I still have Yuubari on my port...:trollface: even if she's gone from the tech tree....

I wonder what made WG remove her....

:honoring:

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
207 posts
1,259 battles

Overly sensitive, methinks.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

Sensitive or not, its still a racial epithet and ethnic slur, and thus against the forum rules.

Well, your best of avoiding going to the younger crowds of people and asking if they had any slang words for Japanese, I know in smaller villages they may find it some-what racial, but then again, it is a racial thing no matter where your from, I can go to Japan and use that term, and no-one will blink an eye, my cousin can't or they will all look down on him. (he is a lot more British looking then I)

I call myself half a C word because I'm Chinese, and the other half a P word, as im also British, and the A word because I was born and raised in Australia. (CPA)

Welcome to 2015, were what was seen as a racial term, is now not. Like that Japanese train McAdoo Mikado, they changed the name of that train in WW2 to the MacArthur to avoid the racial slurs towards it; and after the war, it was reverted back to the Mikado.

So with that said, people should take note, that you (Syanda), and lengxv6 find the slang words for people's of origins as racial and offensive, and to avoid using them around where you guy's may see such words. (General warning for people who may think it's okay because they(the offender) use them on a regular basis, and that it's not acceptable here as per forum rules) <- I had listed where in the rules it was. They aren't being harsh, they just following the rules they signed up to follow.

Cheers.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Found out last night that you are allowed to use it, funny, I was taught not to.

So if you want to shorten Japan/ese go for it.

Sorry to those I have pulled up for using it

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Don't worry Leng - I would of done the same!  (If you had heard the way my late grandfather, a ww2 vet, used it then you would treat it as a racial slur)

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,557 battles

So now you have me wondering what other common contractions/slang are verboten???

is Pom or Yank ok ??

Be nice if they had a set of "proscribed terms" so people actually knew what the forum rules were

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

Welcome to 2015.

It's understandable that some terms to you guy's are seen as offensive and racial, but welcome to the times, and how united we are all becoming, last to join us (in a free'ish world) is North Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea)

I do have some german in my blood line as well, great great great grandparents (that's as far back as I got back in college on my family history) so it does explain why I make up some long ass names for the most simplest of thing's :D

====================

On that note, it's hard, and I would have to go, impossible for any term to be racist of such towards me, because it's all water off a ducks back, and I can be a lot more out spoken then I am showing here (if you speak to me in TS or skype, you will know ;) ); but again, that's because I don't leave anyone out, so to speak, "No matter where your from, there's knobs and tools in every country"

The poms I talk too even call themselves pillocks and such, but we arnt doing it in a manor of racist or derogatory, just when one does something stupid, of such, and have a laugh, and they join in saying yea, whoops. (not in those words, but yea, teasing ones self as well)

Edited by FPfr0sty