Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Another teaser, IJN DD - NOT with 100 mm

47 comments in this topic

5,677 posts
9,489 battles

:THONK:

Those turrets are NOT 100 mm you see on Aki, Kitakaze and Harugumo. If it's an IJN DD with 4x2 127 mm turrets, that would be funny as heck. IRL those 127 mm ARE DP guns.

WG are into this hype-mist thing I see.

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,888 battles
24 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Those turrets are NOT 100 mm you see on Aki, Kitakaze and Harugumo. If it's an IJN DD with 4x2 127 mm turrets, that would be funny as heck. IRL those 127 mm ARE DP guns.

Mmmmm… hyyype misssst….

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
31 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

From the mist a shape, A ship is taking form. And the silence of the sea, about to drift into a storm.

Spoiler

Yes, stole the idea from a guy on Facebook

• Cool 1

5,677 posts
9,489 battles
13 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

From the mist a shape, A ship is taking form. And the silence of the sea, about to drift into a storm.

Saw that, it was amazingly appropriate.

• Cool 1

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles

expect Matsu class with Kaiten Torpedo.

dissapointed :Smile_trollface:

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

From what I can see, it is the regular IJN DD 3x2 turret configuration. If there is a fourth turret, it is behind the bridge superstructure.

On closer inspection of the rear turrets and their proximity to the rear torpedo launcher, I am pretty sure it is the Akatsuki class.

shot-19_05.21_00_05.04-0363.thumb.jpg.48da684a6f8f60f3521e0ffb2e3c7179.jpg

If it is not, it I am quite certain it is part of the Fubuki class or its Ayanami/Akatsuki subclasses.

None of the other IJN DDs have 3x2 configuration with the X turret that close to a torpedo launcher.

The turret shape seems most similar to the IJN 100mm though, so I am not sure about that. Were any of the Fubukis or their subclasses upgraded with 100mm during the war?

Edited by Thyaliad

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles
33 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

The turret shape seems most similar to the IJN 100mm though, so I am not sure about that. Were any of the Fubukis or their subclasses upgraded with 100mm during the war?.

Its prob 127mm, the turret have 4 types. If I have to quess subclasses - it prob Ayanami (you know one of the AL popular shipfu)

Edited by humusz

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

IRL those 127 mm ARE DP guns.

There 4 type of Mount of IJN 127mm. 2 of them was Single purpose - in game it seem modeled quite right though

it also represent quite Weirdly in Line : (check the AA section, and you see this "trait" listed)

Fubuki T6 use Type A, Single purpose no AA capability (127mm is not listed in AA)

Akatsuki T7 use Type B,  Dual purpose Gun  (127mm is listed in AA) - akatsuki is subclass of improved fubuki

Kagero T8 use Type C,  Single purpose no AA capability (again 127mm is not listed in AA)

Yugumo  T9  (also shima) use Type D,  Dual purpose Gun  (again 127mm is listed in AA) - Yugumo is subclass of improved Kagerou

so, you have SP gun, DP gun, SP gun, DP gun, DP gun. kinda weird progression huh 

so you kinda can check each Mount diffrence in game, C and D version look similiar but D one slightly longer than C for example

Edited by humusz
  • Cool 1

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles
1 hour ago, humusz said:

Its prob 127mm, the turret have 4 types. If I have to quess subclasses - it prob Ayanami (you know one of the AL popular shipfu)

Hmmm Ayanami subclass eh. Wonder what their gimmicks are going to be.

It could be Ayanami herself like you said. Famous for her actions in the 2nd Naval Battle of Guadacanal. If it is a AL collab ship again, I just hope she will be an interesting ship instead of the rush jobs that are the AL Montpelier and AL Yukikaze.

Alternatively, it could be Ushio. Famous for being the only one from her class to survive the war.

If Akatsuki sub-class, perhaps it would be Hibiki. Survived the war and ended up being given to the Soviets as a war prize and equipped with Soviet weaponry - which would make for an interesting gimmick. Perhaps we will get a 2-hull ship like the HSF Harekaze.

Or WG could throw us a curveball and give us Miyuki, who sunk before the war even started. :Smile_teethhappy:

[UNRYU]
87 posts
8,092 battles

Here's a better picture

60838575_2361646157495051_5005930936362074112_o (2).jpg

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles
46 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Hmmm Ayanami subclass eh. Wonder what their gimmicks are going to be.

It could be Ayanami herself like you said. Famous for her actions in the 2nd Naval Battle of Guadacanal. If it is a AL collab ship again, I just hope she will be an interesting ship instead of the rush jobs that are the AL Montpelier and AL Yukikaze.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Either Ayanami or AL Shima (prob skin - since wow alr have shima) imo.

There Azur lane Crosswave launch soon CMIIW, its main heroine were Ayanami and Shima.

so, I think the new ships is prob a collab one

Edited by humusz

[SLAVA]
433 posts
7,746 battles

If you look carefully at the form of this ship, from the bow form to the bridge to the aft superstructure that does not extend forward of the mainmast to the line of the stern and the proportions of the barrels, it's almost certainly the Shimakaze.

A remodel would make sense given the existing Shimakaze model is dated and very inaccurate.

Edited by InterconKW

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles
19 minutes ago, InterconKW said:

If you look carefully at the form of this ship, from the bow form to the bridge to the aft superstructure that does not extend forward of the mainmast to the line of the stern and the proportions of the barrels, it's almost certainly the Shimakaze. 

A remodel would make sense given the existing Shimakaze model is dated and very inaccurate.

Hmm now that you mention it, it does look like a Shimakaze.

I was hoping it would be a new ship with an interesting gimmick, but knowing WG and their track record for making very unappealing IJN Premiums, perhaps it is for the better lol.

28 minutes ago, humusz said:

Either Ayanami or AL Shima (prob skin - since wow alr have shima) imo.

I wouldn't mind an AL camo for Shima.

5,677 posts
9,489 battles
19 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

If it is a AL collab ship again, I just hope she will be an interesting ship instead of the rush jobs that are the AL Montpelier and AL Yukikaze.

Meanwhile WG can't even decide on what torps to put on Yuudachi.

5,677 posts
9,489 battles
23 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

The turret shape seems most similar to the IJN 100mm though

The 100 mm turrets have a more rounded 'dome' shape at the top, these ones are flat-topped, so allow me to disagree. Besides, the 100 mm do not have the 'jacket' (or whatever it is called) that covers the gap between the gun and the turret.

shot-19.05.21_07.28.55-0934vhbcbn.jpg

Edited by Paladinum

[SLAVA]
433 posts
7,746 battles

I believe it's called a Blast Bag, and the proportions of the gunhouse are accurate to the IJN 12.7cm/50 Type 3. The 10cm would have a shorter gunhouse.

Photos showing Shimakaze (forget the actual gunhouses, even on the wreck they are utterly destroyed) are already rare, so...

5,677 posts
9,489 battles
19 hours ago, InterconKW said:

I believe it's called a Blast Bag, and the proportions of the gunhouse are accurate to the IJN 12.7cm/50 Type 3. The 10cm would have a shorter gunhouse.

Photos showing Shimakaze (forget the actual gunhouses, even on the wreck they are utterly destroyed) are already rare, so...

Oh, thank. Never know about that at all.

Also there was only one Shimakaze ever built, so the ship cannot be a Shimakaze...

Possibly this is a Yuugumo/Asashio-class or some design-only variations of them. The turrets without the sight "bulges", the location of the aft mast match those ships.

Edited by Paladinum

[SLAVA]
433 posts
7,746 battles
47 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Oh, thank. Never know about that at all.

Also there was only one Shimakaze ever built, so the ship cannot be a Shimakaze...

Possibly this is a Yuugumo/Asashio-class or some design-only variations of them. The turrets without the sight "bulges", the location of the aft mast match those ships.

Still tending towards Shimakaze. They recently remodelled Yamato and as I said earlier the current Shimakaze model is very old and inaccurate, as opposed to a new ship.

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles
13 hours ago, exter001 said:

Here's a better picture

60838575_2361646157495051_5005930936362074112_o (2).jpg

from The clearer image it looks more like shimakaze.

IJN DD class and subclasses have unique back mast, this one look like shima

AL Crosswave seems to be launched soon in August, I expect the smoke dispersed around the same time lol

Edited by humusz

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Hmm still think it is either a Shimakaze or at least a Fubuki class and its derivatives.

The Yuugumo/Asashio has a small distance between the X turret and the rearmost torpedo launcher as the structure the turret is sitting on is bigger. This one doesn't have a such a big distance. If you load the them up in WoWs and compare them side by side it is clearer.

Edited by Thyaliad

5,677 posts
9,489 battles

@InterconKW @humusz @Thyaliad 

I'm not gonna disagree. I can't, really. Well, the IJN doesn't have a T9 Steel DD, yet, so... yeah.

The question is which torps are WG gonna put on her. Will they be viable torps with good stealth or sh*tty existing ones that can be seen from low-Earth orbit.

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles

Heh. All this talk about what ship it is struck me how hard it must be for WWII sailors and earlier to properly identify ships, especially if it was an enemy. :fish_boom:

But the more important question: how will it play?

5,677 posts
9,489 battles
22 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

But the more important question: how will it play?

That depends on the torps...

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,497 posts
11,870 battles

I think this ship looks very similar to the Shimakaze. Look at the shape of the bridge structure, and the size of the structure under the X turret. These are only found on the Shimakaze. The turrets look like an upgraded version of the 127's found on the Yugumo and Shima, but they are most definitely not the 100mm turrets found on the alt IJN DD line. It's also got the torp launchers found only on the T9 & 10 IJN DD's, and it is the exact right length to fit three torp launchers as per Shima.

I would say Super Shimakaze (V6 project) is the most likely.

Sign in to follow this