Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
exter001

Regarding the "play poorly" report

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

29
[UNRYU]
Member
91 posts
8,175 battles

Currently the "play poorly" report is kind of a very useless report and in all seriousness vaguely termed. I doubt WG actually meant "play poorly" literally.

Is there any plan to revamp said report?

A suggestion is - a player is reported "play poorly" too often, the game will have a pop up suggesting (not forced) the player to a video guide (how it works, etc.) to actually get better at the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[LNA]
Member
2,224 posts
17,120 battles
18 minutes ago, exter001 said:

Currently the "play poorly" report is kind of a very useless report and in all seriousness vaguely termed. I doubt WG actually meant "play poorly" literally.

Is there any plan to revamp said report?

A suggestion is - a player is reported "play poorly" too often, the game will have a pop up suggesting (not forced) the player to a video guide (how it works, etc.) to actually get better at the game?

Too much work for too little gain.

The whole report system is more stress relief than being an actual feature. Karma meme ?

That said , you can't define play poorly. I can do 0 damage , spot 0 enemies but cap the base and win the game. Does that count as poorly ? AI , algorithms have no way of determining this. They are not smart. And programing them to learn or to be smart is even more of a hassle. You cannot define play poorly as a violated ToS or in seriousness a crime , as all newbies will be behind bars for playing poorly. And you need to understand that you was once that noob like everyone else.

And this is a game which cater to many players type including casuals. Playing poorly is no excuse for denying of service or shoving of an unwanted ads ( which how 2 videos are ) , which then again violate the laws.

And last i heard , the report system is last in place of a terribly long list of priorities. Customer support although slow , seem to have better efficiency.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,628
Member
6,132 posts
10,579 battles

A reported player doesn't even know why he gets reported. It's literally just "You were reported".

Same goes to "You were complimented". Nice, but complimented for what?

 

If I didn't type a single letter in a match and I got reported for "Misbehavior in chat", then I'd know the report is baloney.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,775
[TLS]
Member
5,517 posts
22,341 battles

One word to describe the report system:

USELESS.

Except maybe to rage.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,078
[CLAY]
Member
3,676 posts
15,683 battles

The whole report system is useless. I play poorly and make some really bad mistakes sometimes, and I don’t get reported. I play really well, win and get top of my team, no complements. I play well, maybe some minor mistakes, we win, I get reported.

Problem is it relies on random players, who, more often than not, are only going to remember there is a report/complaint system when someone has annoyed them.

And Like @legionary2099 said, there’s no way to define poor playing.

The best thing you can do is ignore it. And accept that you can’t really improve the way other people play. And hope that you get a good team.

WG ain’t going to change this anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[UNRYU]
Member
91 posts
8,175 battles
2 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Too much work for too little gain.

The whole report system is more stress relief than being an actual feature. Karma meme ?

That said , you can't define play poorly. I can do 0 damage , spot 0 enemies but cap the base and win the game. Does that count as poorly ? AI , algorithms have no way of determining this. They are not smart. And programing them to learn or to be smart is even more of a hassle. You cannot define play poorly as a violated ToS or in seriousness a crime , as all newbies will be behind bars for playing poorly. And you need to understand that you was once that noob like everyone else.

And this is a game which cater to many players type including casuals. Playing poorly is no excuse for denying of service or shoving of an unwanted ads ( which how 2 videos are ) , which then again violate the laws.

And last i heard , the report system is last in place of a terribly long list of priorities. Customer support although slow , seem to have better efficiency.

 

That's why I said this

28 minutes ago, exter001 said:

in all seriousness vaguely termed. I doubt WG actually meant "play poorly" literally.

and if WG still continues to use this confusing wording and I'm sure most players misunderstood this option, at least they can try to make it helpful in bringing the average skill up.

You seems to be misunderstanding a lot of my intentions.

I'm not denying anyone of service, if you don't want to watch it then you can close it after it pops up. It's not mandatory, just a suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,294
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,588 posts
12,959 battles

The primary function of the karma system is to make the person doing the reporting feel better.  It's basically a salt reduction system.  In this way, the 'play poorly' selection is clearly necessary.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,281 posts
15,516 battles

Maybe the system could be refined a little. Instead of the rather vague "plays poorly" report, we could have an expanded list of options:

Aims poorly!

Positions poorly!

Caps poorly!

Spots poorly!

Ran away when I tried to push and I got killed and we lost and it's not fair!

Doesn't drop smoke very well and when I finally got inside the cloud there were torpedoes everywhere!

Wins poorly!

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,078
[CLAY]
Member
3,676 posts
15,683 battles
48 minutes ago, Unraveler said:

Maybe the system could be refined a little. Instead of the rather vague "plays poorly" report, we could have an expanded list of options:

Aims poorly!

Positions poorly!

Caps poorly!

Spots poorly!

Ran away when I tried to push and I got killed and we lost and it's not fair!

Doesn't drop smoke very well and when I finally got inside the cloud there were torpedoes everywhere!

Wins poorly!

 

So long as it advises the player who got reported, I like this Idea.

We need to add;

Tanks Poorly!

YOLOS!

Camps at back!

Camps behind island!

Fires Wrong Ammo!

Torpedo's Poorly!

Wrong Consumables loaded!

Wrong Captain Skills!

Gets spotted and dies in first 5 minutes!

and the most important;

Being a jerk in chat or spamming chat messages.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles

I heard some company has been collecting negative karma in this game, so they can begin their new project which seems to be called "World of summoning monsters of darkness"

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,385
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,976 posts
29,327 battles

If this thread continues to denigrate the GREAT and GUD KARMA system that works perfectly, as intended and WITHOUT FAULT, I shall have to meme you.

You have been warned.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,078
[CLAY]
Member
3,676 posts
15,683 battles
1 minute ago, Max_Battle said:

If this thread continues to denigrate the GREAT and GUD KARMA system that works perfectly, as intended and WITHOUT FAULT, I shall have to meme you.

You have been warned.

You're why we can't have nice things MAX!

Seriously, was wondering when you would show up.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,385
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,976 posts
29,327 battles
Just now, Grygus_Triss said:

Seriously, was wondering when you would show up.

I just got home and was about to go to bed but I sensed heresy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,078
[CLAY]
Member
3,676 posts
15,683 battles
4 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I just got home and was about to go to bed but I sensed heresy...

31cl47.jpg.45c20c18b54c83d2a218eff73e6a1c6f.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,385
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,976 posts
29,327 battles
Just now, Grygus_Triss said:

31cl47.jpg.45c20c18b54c83d2a218eff73e6a1c6f.jpg

Exactly... I was thinking of borrowing some Warhammer 40K Space Marine Heresy memes but Spidey will do just fine for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,078
[CLAY]
Member
3,676 posts
15,683 battles
1 minute ago, Max_Battle said:

Exactly... I was thinking of borrowing some Warhammer 40K Space Marine Heresy memes but Spidey will do just fine for now.

Yeah, Warhammer 40K would work too.

Well, anyway, we've derailed the conversation, GOOD JOB!

(sorry exter001)

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[UNRYU]
Member
91 posts
8,175 battles
44 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, Warhammer 40K would work too.

Well, anyway, we've derailed the conversation, GOOD JOB!

(sorry exter001)

no no, I'm having fun reading your conversation as well.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,628
Member
6,132 posts
10,579 battles
16 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Wrong Captain Skills!

How would one know about that tho?

 

16 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Being a jerk in chat or spamming chat messages.

Please, that is a legit report reason. F**king annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,775
[TLS]
Member
5,517 posts
22,341 battles
1 hour ago, spixys said:

I heard some company has been collecting negative karma in this game, so they can begin their new project which seems to be called "World of summoning monsters of darkness"

Little Witch Academia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[UNRYU]
Member
91 posts
8,175 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

How would one know about that tho?

A GK with a tad bit too much hp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,731
[MRI]
Member
4,129 posts
18,648 battles
5 hours ago, Unraveler said:

Maybe the system could be refined a little. Instead of the rather vague "plays poorly" report, we could have an expanded list of options:

Aims poorly!

Positions poorly!

Caps poorly!

Spots poorly!

Ran away when I tried to push and I got killed and we lost and it's not fair!

Doesn't drop smoke very well and when I finally got inside the cloud there were torpedoes everywhere!

Wins poorly!

 

You forget to include:

Plays CV :Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Little Witch Academia.

Awesome anime. Highly recommended.

That reminds me, I have got the game but have yet to install and play... :cap_win:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,023
[OAKUM]
Member
2,135 posts
17,959 battles

There's not enough of those reports to use, I run out of them too quickly...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles
3 時間前、_TAMAL_ の発言:

"He outplayed me so he must be a Cheater"

"players I can't win must be cheating" - report

"ships I can't hit is using mods/hacks." - report (I wonder if the so-called hacks are that effective why aren't average win rate on server rises)

"Ships I can't beat must be OP, WG pls nerf or I will call my 'friends' (some are imaginative) to close my wallet." - report

 

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×