Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

strange banned words in chat

5 comments in this topic

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles

Can someone explain to me why in clan chat I cannot say "hit the battle button" because button is offensive?

Butt also does not work, although for some strange reason the word arse is ok.  

If WG would like to employ me to correct their banned terminology so that non swear words can be used i'd be fine with that.  Sometimes it is difficult to chat in chat when so many innocent words are *****

Of course if "button" is offensive for some reason i'd like to know .. and I apologize if that has offended anyone.

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,778 posts
28,338 battles
30 minutes ago, Tagnbag said:

Can someone explain to me why in clan chat I cannot say "hit the battle button" because button is offensive?

Butt also does not work, although for some strange reason the word arse is ok.  

If WG would like to employ me to correct their banned terminology so that non swear words can be used i'd be fine with that.  Sometimes it is difficult to chat in chat when so many innocent words are *****

Of course if "button" is offensive for some reason i'd like to know .. and I apologize if that has offended anyone.

“AA ****”

“AA Bl oB”

5,645 posts
9,428 battles

If you type a string of "o" in the chat, it will be censored.

Weirder censorship than Battlefield 5 (they (used to) censor the words "dlc" and "white" in that game)

[CLAY]
3,209 posts
14,088 battles

Not as strange at Ashitaka. Really strange when you use the chat command “focus fire on enemy target” and the game generated text writes it as A****aka.

Or if I type Guadalcanal and it shows as Guadalc****.

Or scraped (s****ed), or analyse (****yse).

These are real, non offensive words. It should not matter that some letters in them spell a “bad” word. Any amateur spell check would tell that these are actual, proper words, that the offensive letters are just a part of the word.

And besides, by putting a space between the letters, you can easily spell the bad words in chat and it won’t stop you.

I apologise to and moderators in advance for my incessant swearing. Please let me know if this is wrong and I will edit my comment.

• Cool 1

[OAKUM]
2,130 posts
17,211 battles
1 hour ago, Tagnbag said:

Aren't the Amish offended by buttons?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this