You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ManOfTheYear

Using MM Monitor is truly horrifying.

29 comments in this topic

37 posts
1,628 battles

I am fairly new to this server as I mostly play on NA, and I use MM Monitor here because I don't know who to watch out for at high tiers.

I have to say I am absolutely astounded at the win rates for most of the people - on either side. I am not saying its particularly bad here - I don't use it on any other server, but it's likely just as awful.

Server average win rates are around the 48% mark as far as I can tell - yes, most players average a loss. But I frequently get DD's with 200 games in their ships and a 35% win rate. I just....How is that possible? People in tier 10 CV's with 20% win rates. HOW DO YOU EVEN ACHIEVE THIS POORLY. What do they find fun in averaging 15k damage in their Izumo after 45 games? I mean, that is just astounding. That's one salvo. What do they do the rest of the game?

Even Stalingrads that average 35%, I mean honestly. How do you do this? It's almost impressive.

That is the point where you are actively sabotaging your team's chances of winning by playing this game, and is incredibly selfish. How is it possible to be so bad and not realise?

Edited by ManOfTheYear

[LNA]
2,224 posts
17,138 battles
1 hour ago, ManOfTheYear said:

I am fairly new to this server as I mostly play on NA, and I use MM Monitor here because I don't know who to watch out for at high tiers.

I have to say I am absolutely astounded at the win rates for most of the people - on either side. I am not saying its particularly bad here - I don't use it on any other server, but it's likely just as awful.

Server average win rates are around the 48% mark as far as I can tell - yes, most players average a loss. But I frequently get DD's with 200 games in their ships and a 35% win rate. I just....How is that possible? People in tier 10 CV's with 20% win rates. HOW DO YOU EVEN ACHIEVE THIS POORLY. What do they find fun in averaging 15k damage in their Izumo after 45 games? I mean, that is just astounding. That's one salvo. What do they do the rest of the game?

Even Stalingrads that average 35%, I mean honestly. How do you do this? It's almost impressive.

That is the point where you are actively sabotaging your team's chances of winning by playing this game, and is incredibly selfish. How is it possible to be so bad and not realise?

Be careful about bot grinding. Some players hire bot studio to play for them and then they only play the resulted ship ; which make the WR extremely abysmal.

Here it is about efficient. Reaching high tier is no small effort and ppl use bot to skip the pain or grind out.

There is no middle ground here. Either they are super good or terribad. I'm the strange one in that im decidedly average.

Edited by legionary2099

Beta Tester
859 posts
892 battles

W/R is always a useless metric to base anything off in an online video game. It can get skewed too easily.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,817 posts
29,639 battles
Just now, Lupis said:

W/R is always a useless metric to base anything off in an online video game. It can get skewed too easily.

ever wondered why the old CVs, espically the high tier ones have so low avrg WR across the board?

it's because unicums in fishing divs literally play so well and farm so hard on a rare class they they themselves have sucked up all the WR into a certain ground of excellent players

(also skill gap, but i digress) 

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles

Honestly, it's the ones that have poor stats across the board that you should be concerned about. It's the non-performers that drag your team down rather than the good ones on the other team besting you. Even a VOR-filled div cannot save their team against an "average team" if their own team drags them down. As long as your team works together, you still have a fighting chance.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
1,571 posts
7,108 battles

welp, I share my account with my sis who couldn't bother to grind. (her own account is only tier 4 though)

so... some time some people will see my shimakaze doing some thing very............ eccentric :Smile_trollface:

even pink me sometimes

not that I care.:cap_haloween:

• Funny 5

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles

I stop using MM monitor since beginning of this year, and my health has been improved.

tbh, it doesn't make much difference to find out who's good who's bad, only give you more salt and distraction.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles

now you might understand why some people hates XVM and/or WR monitor mods in these games.

it's like listening and/or following to those pro-tips of choosing your bet on certain horses/grey hounds, its for your reference but not guaranteed that you will win/lose

I had won games that stated 10% probability of winning and lost games that says 70%.

Now I just refuse to use them, its a waste of my hard drive.

Edited by spixys

Beta Tester
859 posts
892 battles
20 minutes ago, spixys said:

now you might understand why some people hates XVM and/or WR monitor mods in these games.

it's like listening and/or following to those pro-tips of choosing your bet on certain horses/grey hounds, its for your reference but not guaranteed that you will win/lose

I had won games that stated 10% probability of winning and lost games that says 70%.

Now I just refuse to use them, its a waste of my hard drive.

Also you've got the while Whaaah the win chance of my team is bad, *quits game* people.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles
35 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

I stop using MM monitor since beginning of this year, and my health has been improved.

tbh, it doesn't make much difference to find out who's good who's bad, only give you more salt and distraction.

The sanest reason. Honestly, I agree with you there because whatever the team composition I get dealt with, I still feel the need to perform rather than just give up. 

The only thing it really is good for is to collect statistics and prove that whatever algorithm MM is using is ineffective in generating "random" lineups. So far to my knowledge, exporting that data from the monitor is a tedious process. 

[SLAVA]
433 posts
7,746 battles

@ManOfTheYear first of all, you are factually correct. The median player winrate is in fact 48%. I tabled this data over 300 games and found the same result, and the stat tracking site Maplesyrup also confirms this information. The positive WR is held in a smaller group of players. For example Two 56%ers may have four 47%ers as counterparts, evening out to 50%, rather than two 44%ers.

There is a saying going around that Asia simultaneously produces the worst and best players, and this is largely due to the nature of gameplay here. The server is passive, so to put things simply Asia's best players have to be far more naturally opportunistic than anywhere else. This requires greater levels of natural skills like positioning and aim than elsewhere. I have friends who move to NA, get (in a sense) spoilt, and return here only to underperform. 

This passiveness also has harder implications on bad players. If you rush alone on Asia to your suicidal death, you will most likely be focus fired in a far more intense manner than any other server. The passiveness also makes turnaround games unlikely as the team that gains the early overall advantage will likely maintain it and the idiot who kills himself first will greatly influence his loss. This skews the median Asia player winrate even lower.

Sometimes this harshness has the advantage of making one improve substantially, but "improvement" and "2/3 or more of the playerbase" do not mix.

• Cool 2

[MRI]
4,141 posts
18,703 battles

Don't use MM monitor. It just makes you demoralised and put you in a defeatist mindset. And that is half the battle lost.

I used to play WoT and it was all too common to see players suiciding off cliffs or drowning themselves because XVM said the odds were against them.

Not to mention it is not entirely accurate. I have won against unicum divisions with full random teammates, and have also lost games somehow despite having unicum teammates.

Use MM monitoe after the match if you want, but not during, not before.

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles

Asia Server:
So Brutal that only the fittest survive.
So Brutal that the average survivor on Asia can smack the shit out of a unicum on another server.
So Brutal that teamplay does not exist in the vocabulary of many.
So Brutal that the corpses of the weak litter the place.
So Brutal that the smallest opening you yield will rend you into Shark(berev, may he rest in peace)-bait.

Asia server is a place of dichotomy - where most servers have a normal median peak, Asia has two, one in the upper half, one in the lower half.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SALT]
2,211 posts
10,571 battles

the worst I have seen was 9% win rate gearing with 76 games or so. someone in Team point that out and I need to check it myself.

thats kinda amazing in every wrong way there is, even intentionaly throw games should not yield number that low

I have XVM, but rarely use it. because player might have less smooth experience in particular ship but it often didnt actualy represent actual proficiency

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,817 posts
29,639 battles
30 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Asia Server:
So Brutal that only the fittest survive.
So Brutal that the average survivor on Asia can smack the shit out of a unicum on another server.
So Brutal that teamplay does not exist in the vocabulary of many.
So Brutal that the corpses of the weak litter the place.
So Brutal that the smallest opening you yield will rend you into Shark(berev, may he rest in peace)-bait.

Asia server is a place of dichotomy - where most servers have a normal median peak, Asia has two, one in the upper half, one in the lower half.

lmao, asia was know for cannibals in the early days of western culture

or as we say in china, it's a dog eat dog world out there

• Funny 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,817 posts
29,639 battles
3 minutes ago, 9mm1n said:

Playing with MM monitor is detrimental to fun tbh

when i turn on my MMR my teams are so red, i feel like i've gone back to china:Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 3

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles
53 分前、drakon233 の発言:

when i turn on my MMR my teams are so red, i feel like i've gone back to china

And sooner or later the ocean map will turn red, then you eventually discover that all the remaining ships that are still moving, are red..

37 posts
1,628 battles
10 minutes ago, InterconKW said:

@ManOfTheYear first of all, you are factually correct. The median player winrate is in fact 48%. I tabled this data over 300 games and found the same result, and the stat tracking site Maplesyrup also confirms this information. The positive WR is held in a smaller group of players. For example Two 56%ers may have four 47%ers as counterparts, evening out to 50%, rather than two 44%ers.

There is a saying going around that Asia simultaneously produces the worst and best players, and this is largely due to the nature of gameplay here. The server is passive, so to put things simply Asia's best players have to be far more naturally opportunistic than anywhere else. This requires greater levels of natural skills like positioning and aim than elsewhere. I have friends who move to NA, get (in a sense) spoilt, and return here only to underperform. 

This passiveness also has harder implications on bad players. If you rush alone on Asia to your suicidal death, you will most likely be focus fired in a far more intense manner than any other server. The passiveness also makes turnaround games unlikely as the team that gains the early overall advantage will likely maintain it and the idiot who kills himself first will greatly influence his loss. This skews the median Asia player winrate even lower.

Sometimes this harshness has the advantage of making one improve substantially, but "improvement" and "2/3 or more of the playerbase" do not mix.

This is exactly how I feel. I try to make moves that would win games on NA, but because my team is literally 10km behind me saving their health to lose, I get focused and die and lose.

I will agree with the statement that Asia players are better at the top, but there are fewer of them, and the gulf to the next level of competent players is enormous. NA server, there are less people at an unattainable high level, but more people who hover around the 65-75% area.

There are so many tryhards here, CV divisions, and people who play to win at all costs, or to deliberately limit the fun of other players. It's incredible.

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles
23 minutes ago, ManOfTheYear said:

This is exactly how I feel. I try to make moves that would win games on NA, but because my team is literally 10km behind me saving their health to lose, I get focused and die and lose.

I will agree with the statement that Asia players are better at the top, but there are fewer of them, and the gulf to the next level of competent players is enormous. NA server, there are less people at an unattainable high level, but more people who hover around the 65-75% area.

There are so many tryhards here, CV divisions, and people who play to win at all costs, or to deliberately limit the fun of other players. It's incredible.

I think most of us can advise is play your best here on Asia server because "average" here means you can handle the other servers without issue.

[TLS]
234 posts
7,875 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I think most of us can advise is play your best here on Asia server because "average" here means you can handle the other servers without issue.

And we sit here thought Narai OP 5 people is ezy enough in Asia, no no, watch jingles play OP with 7 still lost in EU servers is hilarious to said the least. :cap_look:

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,817 posts
29,639 battles
5 hours ago, appoclyse said:

And we sit here thought Narai OP 5 people is ezy enough in Asia, no no, watch jingles play OP with 7 still lost in EU servers is hilarious to said the least. :cap_look:

you can pull it off with just 4 if the players are experienced in ops enough

6,148 posts
10,625 battles

Using those things makes one more prone to blaming the team(s) and less focusing on just perform well him/herself.

If I know that I did my best and still the team loses, then and only then should I blame other people.

Many, many people will just skip the self-criticism and jump straight to blaming people because they THINK (lol) they do well. Please curb your ego.

Edited by Paladinum