Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
da189

Any cv player guide for beginner?

14 comments in this topic

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles

Very few proper tutorial available tbh, because CV still changing and tweaking as we speak. What works a patch ago might not work in current patch.

Best way to learn is to watch unicums stream or replays. And than compared to your own game play. What did they do differently that make them so much more effective?

Once identified area of improvement, you practice in the game. 

You can search Gaishu on twitch.

Also @Navy_Sensou and @_TAMAL_ had posted a few very good replay on forum, that I found very educational.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,889 posts
8,767 battles
4 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Ask dieselhead. :Smile_trollface:

Oooooooooooooooh!

[NCOTS]
909 posts
10,786 battles
1 minute ago, appoclyse said:

TOtal burned :cap_haloween:

"Destruction 100":Smile_trollface:

Edited by _TAMAL_

[XSA]
440 posts
15,699 battles
8 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

What CVs do you intend to play?

I got RN T6CV from recent campaign so I shall play RN line (target Audacious)

[TLS]
232 posts
7,875 battles
21 minutes ago, da189 said:

I got RN T6CV from recent campaign so I shall play RN line (target Audacious)

RN CV line teaching you how to do teamwork because without team, the dmg is not that good to compare to other 2 so you need to carefully preserve your planes and plan the route to do the most dmg to important ships as much as you can ( practice slingshot is a good way to negate any dmg since you have the highest HP per planes but can be shoot down really fast )

The thing Audacious make it unique is the HP of the planes but careful wat you asking, the planes really slow and suffer quite a lots if you don't plan the attack targets. I will leave some Replay here for you if you interested and see how much I need to make every planes count.

20190515_224553_PBSA210-Audacious_25_sea_hope.wowsreplay

20190516_161120_PBSA210-Audacious_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay

20190516_210526_PBSA210-Audacious_38_Canada.wowsreplay

[ANZAC]
522 posts
19,746 battles

I surprised no one said " Don't play CV " 😉

Play a lot of co op - get used to distance from  ship you need to start attack run. Try to work out how to string attacks together - its quicker and often safer for planes if you can string multiple attack runs together in a row against different ships. Unless the target is isolated of course ...

And learn the value to your team of your fighters, and spotting - often its better to keep a target spotted so your team can bring the pain rather than you doing a couple of attacks.

Disclaimer, I suck at CV, as in beyond bad. But just from watching CVs in game you get a feel for good vs average players.

Oh and have a look at Fara's you tube channel. He ( was) a big time CV main in the RTS days, but hes still putting out good content on the 8.0 CV

https://www.youtube.com/user/farazelleth/about

• Cool 1

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles
6 hours ago, j0e90 said:

I surprised no one said " Don't play CV " 😉

Play a lot of co op - get used to distance from  ship you need to start attack run. Try to work out how to string attacks together - its quicker and often safer for planes if you can string multiple attack runs together in a row against different ships. Unless the target is isolated of course ...

And learn the value to your team of your fighters, and spotting - often its better to keep a target spotted so your team can bring the pain rather than you doing a couple of attacks.

Disclaimer, I suck at CV, as in beyond bad. But just from watching CVs in game you get a feel for good vs average players.

Oh and have a look at Fara's you tube channel. He ( was) a big time CV main in the RTS days, but hes still putting out good content on the 8.0 CV

https://www.youtube.com/user/farazelleth/about

Sorry, I say don't learn from fara, he is sub average CV player for the new CV. He never really embrace new CV, probably not invested enough to become good at it.

[TLS]
232 posts
7,875 battles
17 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

Sorry, I say don't learn from fara, he is sub average CV player for the new CV. He never really embrace new CV, probably not invested enough to become good at it.

Maybe but then again, we still in Testing phase so watch some people to see how they done can be a good idea though. Also since none of CC make any CV tutorial and only WG push out the contents, we can only do so much is to share our own view of "how to".

113 posts
5,143 battles

1. do a lot  damage or top XP as CV doesn't mean you are good in CV
2. watch minimap more than your plane
3. disable enemy DD first because everyone hate being spotted and torpedo 
4. hugged island and lonely ship is your good target  even it's Minotaur or Worcester
5. may be next post....

[NCOTS]
909 posts
10,786 battles
4 hours ago, appoclyse said:

Maybe but then again, we still in Testing phase so watch some people to see how they done can be a good idea though. Also since none of CC make any CV tutorial and only WG push out the contents, we can only do so much is to share our own view of "how to".

I would agree with sunlo and say that watching Gaishu is a far better idea. 

Fara is still trying to "suit himself". He never embraced the change and is still nostalgic about the old version. In fact he spent quite a bit of time after the rework in Chinese server playing the old Kaga. 

Sign in to follow this