Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
charleark

Destroyer Moves.

4 comments in this topic

[BUGGA]
15 posts
22,555 battles

Perhaps i am stating the obvious move to make in the start of the game. Since spotting has become obsolescence due to friendly aircraft there is no need to rush headlong towards the enemy to spot enemy shipping to earn points and identify shipping for your own team.

I now steam at half speed towards the closest fleet of allied shipping. This provides me the opportunity to have some AA coverage when the first two waves of enemy aircraft arrive. This generally provides enough coverage for me to survive the first couple of minutes without  to much damage from aircraft .A decision can  be made then  how i progress from that point.

Interesting to note is how many allied shipping do not realize what i am about and start mouthing off that i am not rushing off into uncharted parts of the map.  Only to be isolated and blown out of the water by enemy aircraft. Due to aircraft and radar destroyers have to change there game plan. Patients at first hoping to identify enemy shipping and make more use of main guns when a advantage arrives. The opportunity to sink enemy shipping with torpedoes has dropped dramatically.

It has become frustrating when trying to capture a base. The amount of support from allied shipping has dropped to nil. Most are not prepared to move towards bases but stay well clear and often hide behind a island or as a alternative conduct a battle with the enemy at extreme range. If the bases have already fallen to the enemy most allied shipping are on the horizon and the chance of taking bases remote to near impossible. A little more support for destroyers in the team would be appreciated.            

• Cool 4

401 posts
3,047 battles

10 hours ago, charleark said:

Perhaps i am stating the obvious move to make in the start of the game. Since spotting has become obsolescence due to friendly aircraft there is no need to rush headlong towards the enemy to spot enemy shipping to earn points and identify shipping for your own team.

I now steam at half speed towards the closest fleet of allied shipping. This provides me the opportunity to have some AA coverage when the first two waves of enemy aircraft arrive. This generally provides enough coverage for me to survive the first couple of minutes without  to much damage from aircraft .A decision can  be made then  how i progress from that point.

Interesting to note is how many allied shipping do not realize what i am about and start mouthing off that i am not rushing off into uncharted parts of the map.  Only to be isolated and blown out of the water by enemy aircraft. Due to aircraft and radar destroyers have to change there game plan. Patients at first hoping to identify enemy shipping and make more use of main guns when a advantage arrives. The opportunity to sink enemy shipping with torpedoes has dropped dramatically.

It has become frustrating when trying to capture a base. The amount of support from allied shipping has dropped to nil. Most are not prepared to move towards bases but stay well clear and often hide behind a island or as a alternative conduct a battle with the enemy at extreme range. If the bases have already fallen to the enemy most allied shipping are on the horizon and the chance of taking bases remote to near impossible. A little more support for destroyers in the team would be appreciated.            

Good luck getting support from players on this server. A crazy Zao player torped me and a conkek today for not pushing along with him.  

Beta Tester
59 posts
2,006 battles

I feel you man 😞

The new Meta has more or less removed our primary strengths so we need to play verrrryyyyy passive. Torpedoes are pretty much obsolete since you ll never survive getting that close (unless you re lucky to find a brain dead enemy) . Its so infuriating to dodge 4-5 carrier strikes only to be team killed/damaged by some 'allied' cruiser who decided that you re of better use to the team dead.

[SMOKE]
2,467 posts
17,872 battles

As I've always mentioned, this is a case of no win for each and every DD players, its not about whether one can still play well or made good a DD play in a game, its the overall general game play that DD are forced into, when their main game play are all pretty much excluded from them ; DD are suppose to be ale to use their strongest weapon, Stealth, Speed, Maneuverability, well this is nothing on the faces of per ma spotting , fast and always there planes, and Radars that reach further than your guns , and without any proper counter play, and ranging , most DD are basically excluded from even fighting since they are placed now at a range that they can hardly even damage , and for many simply out of range.

That is the meta , and that is when , no matter what's been said about how one can still play or one can do this or do that ... when the game mechanic and game reward all start to exclude this type of ship to go out and perform ( within their made / build in spec ) then its this kind of thing that drive people from playing these ships and for those that still do, forced to adopt a play that result in said state of affairs ...

Yes I still do play DD, and so many time I've got people keep asking the DDs to go cap when all the do is sitting what another 8 or even 10 KM from the Area, they are not even able to provide Radar coverage , no less fire support , and of course forget about your own CV, they are too busy farming damage their own ... I guess in the end , its still the same , its just that the new game mechanics pretty much force even worse from the general players population. And of course at high tier these passive game play almost always result in negative economy which even further the DD players initiatives, both to go off doing their part and actually playing any support role at all ( why bother when all you do always come with negative credit and loads of scolding from your own side ) Yes its that part that the so call team play never really materialize for DD and yet the guns still demand the DDs to do their traditional role of going up there, but not accepting that now this is simply not viable, not unless the guns themselves are right along the way too. I know guns might not like what I say but sorry that is fact, most Guns just want DDs out at front to be fire bait and light up the enemy for them so that can farm those damage from back there , and of course the always think its your duty as a DD to do it for them ; LOL

Its reciprocal though, when the team both guns and CV are now pretty much out for their own damage farming only , then its no surprise why many DD plays as though they are lone ranger, yes I do that too, I intentionally sail off the heated group when enemy planes come in, forge about supporting with smoke ( why place myself on danger when the guns and CV will not do it for me )  , I will intentionally not go for any of the Areas, not until I see positively a PUSH by the guns as a group , and when asked I would answer no its not for DD to do the spotting now, ask the CV about it and if the team decide they would only stay back, then I would and I will sail back too ... its not for a DD to place itself outside of the AA bubble nor in a position where the are exposed ( is that the new Stealth ) and in any case back there I would be mostly out of range and just reduced to watching the show anyway. So in the end why even care about doing my part when the game and usually the team too exclude me from doing so.

I know other players want a contributing, hard working, and helpful DD on the team, and we DD players generally do want to be one, but seriously how many Guns and CV players are actually out doing the same ( the helpful part mostly ) , yes the new game present new challenge and force a different style of play on DD and I must say the Guns and the CV players had not able to adept to this new game play DD are forced into, they are still demanding the old game play from the DD but they had ( generally ) not providing the mean for us to do so and he game mechanics flatly  exclude us from the said duty .. I've mentioned before spotting need a total revamp both CV and Radar , and both Gun and Torp range for all DD need a BUFF but then of course WG will not do it since it will again present real anger to the big guns as there now will be really working stealth and working damage dealing DD can do and that is what WG aim to delete from the game for long

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this