You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ManOfTheYear

Infuriating experiences on this server.

33 comments in this topic

37 posts
1,628 battles

Is anybody able to explain this phenomenon please.

Why do teams see all of the caps red, and then they sit on the J line waiting for the game to end in a loss. What is the point of playing like this? What is the fun in this play?

Why not push W, move in, and try to shoot something and kill it instead, to try and win? It makes me wonder what the point of these people playing is.

Teams will have 9 ships camping behind one rock on the far side of the map, then you request support because you are facing 10 ships by yourself.....and nothing happens, they just camp there waiting for the game to end in a loss. Why? Why even bother playing?

Edited by ManOfTheYear
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

192 posts
6,184 battles

it`s because most people aren't as intelligent as they like to think they are ... Answer , play co-op ... the bots are braver / more fun / less infuriating and you do not waste your time communicating

join the enlightened ... co-op the place to be

I gave up flogging the dead horse RANDOM BATTLES some time ago ...

Edited by chicony56
  • Cool 6

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,777 posts
28,323 battles

pushing in randoms=death by focus fire, so the people that yolo'd up at the start all died and the ones who are left are the ones who want to pad their damage

[OAKUM]
2,130 posts
17,205 battles

Maybe they could fix all this by not tallying damage / kill score, until the end of the match, then the game can then dish out the damage pool to those in the team who contributed most to it... That should increase the battle participation & discourage simple damage farming, because no one will have any score on thier screens until the end of the match.

Ordrazz

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts

Most players on this server think that if they get hit in game, they get hit in real life....

Also, they don't want to damage their camo/paint as well...

Frustrating is exactly the word to sum up Randoms.....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
31 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Most players on this server think that if they get hit in game, they get hit in real life....

"I dun wanna get a scratch on my shiny new ship!"

Then don't bleeping play... BTW, it's not limited to randoms. In Coop you also see the same thing happening at times. It's just less frustrating when half your team are official WG bots provided they don't run the "play like a human" algorithm.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles
53 分前、LtDan_IceCream の発言:

they will get hit in real life psychologically because of word abuse.

Edited by spixys

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,980 posts
6,588 battles

Cybercafe Blobs , Bots , Coop Elitist , Etc...

They feel like getting punched into the face. Especially CV as well. They form a Clump of one ball consist of 5 - 6 Ships ( DD included ) to make CV ate lead ones .

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[LNA]
2,092 posts
15,358 battles
1 hour ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Image result for cat scratching clawU called ?

• Funny 1

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
2 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Maybe its time for WeeGee to implement a consumable that adds Braincells to the teammembers...:Smile_trollface:

Isn't that called drakonation already?

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
10 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Maybe its time for WeeGee to implement a consumable that adds Braincells to the teammembers...:Smile_trollface:

*WG*

tenor.gif?itemid=14104008

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,777 posts
28,323 battles
31 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Isn't that called drakonation already?

how does  detoing teammates increase avrage iq

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
13 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

how does  detoing teammates increase avrage iq

Either: 1) Selectively removal of non-performing teammates or 2) your non-performance has been removed. :3

[1-ATF]
86 posts
13,167 battles

Why are people still playing this lousy game where the devs don't care about inputs from the playerbase.
Move on guys move on.
I am glad I did 😀

Edited by Jehuty_v2

[LNA]
2,092 posts
15,358 battles
31 minutes ago, Jehuty_v2 said:

Why are people still playing this lousy game where the devs don't care about inputs from the playerbase.
Move on guys move on.
I am glad I did 😀

Why are you still here talking about your EX ?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[NCOTS]
909 posts
10,764 battles
3 hours ago, Jehuty_v2 said:

Move on guys move on.
I am glad I did 😀

I'm not playing this lousy game as :

1. I'm playing CV which according to CV haters is "playing a different game" 

2. I'm playing CB which doesnt have lousy teammates(only Clanmates with decent IQ)

:cap_haloween:

[SMOKE]
2,467 posts
17,849 battles

Well you think that's frustrating ; how about capping an Area and in the end Guns that will only sit way out and watch enemy push in and cap it without doing much if any defense , how about keep being asked to go froth to do your DD thing when they will only sit at the last 3 line of map ALWAYS ... and CV that will only care about their own damage farming and ignore all plea for  keeping enemy spotted ; or when you are the lone cruiser who would actually get into that Radar range so you can use it; or in a BB that's trying your best to PUSH and seeing everyone else just making a run for it when the first sign of enemy fire incoming show up ... 

That list goes on and on .. but yes that all basically all being just the same , so many just want to had the damage farming, the kills, and the only want others to out and d those dirty needy roles .. the clearly understand the term " one for all and all for one " they understand the latte part to the point of even demanding it and they would made it very sure they are not the former. If its already entering the last stages of games when victory is basically impossible I can understand the will to survive out weighting the will to fight but mostly I see this kind of behavior even from zero second , seen BB that intentionally sail back, cruiser that intentionally will not sail forth to support; DD who would only sail way wide of any Area , and CV ... well well they are already build to be sailing way out of trouble but they are not immune from selfishness either

as long as the game penalize players for playing key support role ; ignore contribution such as team play, and only care to credit for damage dealing it would foster such behavior

41 posts
18,235 battles

The game mechanics and statistics reward relative damage done v damage received and ships destroyed v ship lost.  

The players you describe are merely optimising their results and statistics as per the design of the game.

The same applies to other aspects of the game, such as island hugging, HE spam etc

[BLESS]
1,438 posts
12,693 battles

shot-19_05.14_02_33.42-0163.png.6193454fac62605a75d5cb04f0e73705.png][

The most frustrating thing about the above is not that we lost, it's that the BB active in the minimap view above got the second highest XP of our team despite, 1) ignoring B and C caps, 2) ignoring Red's push through C and down our H line, and 3) getting 3 of our other BBs, so 80% of our team's heavy firepower, to follow him down the 1 line to be bottled up uselessly at F1,E1 the entire game. (P.S. I'm the dead DD at G5. I capped A and was on my way to contest B. No other ship on our team capped.)

I take a sanguine view. Some games are winnable without you, some games are unwinnable no matter what you do. Just stay focused on winning the ones that could go either way.

To take it one step further: (just thinking aloud here) no game has to end that way. In the example above, a different set of actions on the part of the enemy, or the remaining ships on that BBs team, in the opening frames might have seen him sailing with his friends to the B cap rather than down the 1 line. Maybe its worth putting some effort into figuring out how to induce the enemy team to lemming, or prevent your team from doing the same. Group behavior is irrational, but predictable. 

Edited by Rina_Pon

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
32 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

The most frustrating thing about the above is not that we lost, it's that the BB active in the minimap view above got the second highest XP of our team despite, 1) ignoring B and C caps, 2) ignoring Red's push through C and down our H line, and 3) getting 3 of our other BBs, so 80% of our team's heavy firepower, to follow him down the 1 line to be bottled up uselessly at F1,E1 the entire game. (P.S. I'm the dead DD at G5. I capped A and was on my way to contest B. No other ship on our team capped.)

Farming damage. That is why Scoring System needs a rework more than cvs.

• Cool 4

5,639 posts
9,400 battles
14 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Farming damage. That is why Scoring System needs a rework more than cvs.

Yeah. This is a team game (I mean, you play as teams) and yet selfish behaviors are rewarded much more. 

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
4 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Yeah. This is a team game (I mean, you play as teams) and yet selfish behaviors are rewarded much more. 

Yeah. For a supposedly "team" game that requires "teamwork" to win, "teamplay" action are under-rewarded. Go figure. I remembered a comment from someone who was pissed off because he was a FOUR million potential damage decoy and yet was poorly recompensated.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 2

37 posts
1,628 battles
1 hour ago, HMAS_Currimundi said:

The game mechanics and statistics reward relative damage done v damage received and ships destroyed v ship lost.

Citation required for this one.

It doesn't matter if you take 80% damage or 30% damage, your rewards are the same. You get more XP in a win, but credits it doesn't matter win or loss its the damage.

So people aren't interested in XP ?