You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Navy_Sensou

Explain why people get the feeling of CV having "unlimited planes" and why they are so into it.

46 comments in this topic

121 posts
11,649 battles

Let me say this straight up first, CV DOESN'T HAVE UNLIMITED NUMBER OF PLANES. You have already seen the post about the calculation done to measure how many planes a CV can have by default and by regenerating. In fact, the number even told that some CVs actually have lower plane capacity than before (not taking fighters into account).

But a lot of people still think CVs have unlimited planes, why?

Let me take you back in RTS time, when a tier X CV could carry over 100 planes, when a player counted on every single plane he killed. Players that time only had to face with 2 types of strike plane that is TB and DB, which usually occupied 2/3 space of CV's plane capacity. For example, Midway had a total of 116 planes that contained 41 TBs and 40 DBs, the rest 35 planes are fighter. And now not only we can keep those 3 plane types, but we also get an additional new one up to about 16 units, which is Attack Aircraft.

In RTS time, those strike planes were so easy to be shot down by heavy AA cruisers like Minotaur or Worcester...therefore, the CV could become deplaned much more faster by taking risks and failing strikes. But not in the reworked CV, planes now have significantly increased survival ability under heavy AA density because of the heal consumable and also because CV players can pull out many tricks to consistently conserve their planes such as Slingshot, Pre-drop, etc. So that's why CV player can often return in the battle with a full strike squad.

Those tricks make many players get the feeling that AA is shooting but not actually rip off many planes. And when they do shooting down a lot of planes, they misunderstand that they kill strike planes while instead they only mostly shoot down fighters. They do not aware that a reworked CV can carry over 50 fighters in tier X and 45 fighters in tier VIII. It's much more than RTS.

Also because of the regenerating plane mechanic, they don't think that a CV can ever be deplaned. This is mental problem.

So to sum it up, they only get the feeling of nostalgia.

-

Postscript:

Adapt, improvise, overcome.

Edited by Navy_Sensou
  • Cool 4

[SALT]
2,123 posts
10,571 battles

Because the attrition rate of aa gun lost in new cv is way faster than rate of cv regenerating its air wing.

1 Conqueror HE salvo can make surface ship lost half of its aa capacity. And once its gone, its gone for the rest of the match.

The attrition rate, is the one that cause surface dweller feel its always face unfair battle vs sky people. 

Surface ship loses its defending capability exponantialy as match progresed. But cv does not. Afterall 4 planes is enough to deliver full strike, but in later phase the surface ship wont even have enough aa to shoot down even 1.

So, it Simply cause by attrition

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles

Be careful when leaving pro CV posts lying around.

You'll attract dieselheads.

• Funny 11

592 posts
1,666 battles

Unlimit has many meaning in relative to different context. it is just too easy to pick on any of  these meanings as counter arguements. Strictly speaking, human has very limited capacity to prove the existence of unlimit.

Planes can be re-spawned as long as the game last , CVs can continueouly re-supply their planes squads as long as the game last. It is unlimited under the context as a continueous supply. 

Even you cover the whole sky with layers over layers plane of plane, it is still a finite number. 

However, I would rather find out the real meaning in the arguement, instead of focusing on the individual wording.

• Cool 1

84 posts
4,183 battles

Like the guy high up said, aa capability gets significantly reduced over time (imho an outdated mechanic that really shouldnt be here nowadays) while the surface ship gets relentlessly pummeled by a lot more consistent air strikes. Add to that that air support from your own cv's got replaced by some weird funny circle, and sticking together doesnt really help as much as before (iirc they even nerfed it)... it all adds up to one frustrating experience.

Aaand your means of defending yourself is one clunky placebo circle thanks to your understaffed ship.

• Cool 2

305 posts
370 battles
40 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Be careful when leaving pro CV posts lying around.

You'll attract dieselheads.

1 hour ago, Navy_Sensou said:

Also because of the regenerating plane mechanic, they don't think that a CV can ever be deplaned. This is mental problem.

Postscript:

Adapt, improvise, overcome.

Post deleted.

Heavy insult, user permanently banned ~

Edited by Akyamarukh

[LBAS]
1,561 posts

by the same calculation, it mean every ship have limited amount of every type of ammunition.

shimakaze torp reload standard is 2 min assume I'm immediately launch after reload, mean shimakaze have total amount of 150 torpedo by standard.

that so called 'total amount' can increase by skill and module upgrade that help reduce reload time.

we can calculate with everything, main gun, secondary gun, aa gun, hell with this type of calculation even damage control also have limited amount.

in other word, it only show amount of how many they can be replenish during 20 minute match.

so.....

what's the point?

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,567 battles

RIP sharkbait, your memes and degeneracy will not be missed

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
2,289 posts
8,802 battles

bit off more than he could chew?

Jaws-2

• Funny 7

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,567 battles
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

bets as to how much longer b4 he pops up with another alt?

i'd give it a week

Edited by drakon233

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,892 posts
8,769 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

bets as to how much longer b4 he pops up with another alt?

i'd give it a week

Optimistic.

I give it a couple of days before shitpoasting alt #17 appears.

• Funny 2

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles

I read he last post before he was banned, I couldn't see any insults tbh. 

Really shocked that he got banned.:cap_yes:

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,567 battles
1 minute ago, sunlo2013 said:

I read he last post before he was banned, I couldn't see any insults tbh. 

Really shocked that he got banned.:cap_yes:

#freesharkbait?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

1,204 posts
11,077 battles

Post deleted.

Edited 1 hour ago by Akyamarukh

Edited by dieselhead

121 posts
11,649 battles
30 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

what's the point?

what's the point of this "what's the point"?

Time limits everything. If we have an endless battle, then i will say CV has unlimited plane.

What people were questioning was how a CV could pull out a full strike squad even with so many plane kills, and they think it's because CV has unlimited planes.

Edited by Navy_Sensou

[LNA]
2,093 posts
15,377 battles
1 minute ago, Navy_Sensou said:

what's the point of this "what's the point"?

Time limits everything. If we have an endless battle, then i will say CV has unlimited plane.

What people were questioning was how a CV could pull out a full strike squad even with so many plane kills.

Where do you get the idea that CV can pull a full strike squad ? At the last dregs of battle , it's more likely that i'll end up with around 9 of each planes type. That's not really a full squadron.

And CV regens planes fairly slowly. They really get atmost 8 - 15 more plane over the course of battle for each type. And the thing is , if he is not smart , he will run out of a specific type of plane.

And don't confuse plane kill with fighter kill. Shooting down fighters also count toward planes , but fighters don't really do anything to your ship and are very squishy for heavy AA ship.

Doing the game as intended , no tricks , no cheap pre launch into water and CV will run out of planes mid game. That's far from ideal.

Then again , what's the different between CV attacking a guy and a ship shooting each other , both are constant anyway.

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles

I thought that when a mod edited a comment they signed their name...

And I'm not sure whether "heavy insult" is an actual term...

Basically, I think Akyamarukh wrote it himself, and faked his own 'death'.

If someone has evidence to the contrary. Or know which cases where a mod wouldn't sign their handle...

305 posts
370 battles

1821740866_GiganticRedElephantbeetle-small(1).gif.a7eb2c2ecc61c73018c37cf98c053634.gif

............Seriously guys, i will get real banned soon™ for doing this.......

but i think its worth it :v

see yaaa until next month

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
1 hour ago, Akyamarukh said:

Post deleted.

NOT GONE YET??? F**K

Edited by Paladinum

121 posts
11,649 battles
3 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Where do you get the idea that CV can pull a full strike squad ?

Do you even read carefully?

I get that idea from players who got themselves killed by a full...or barely full strike squad and blamed for CV having unlimited planes

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles
1 minute ago, Akyamarukh said:

1821740866_GiganticRedElephantbeetle-small(1).gif.a7eb2c2ecc61c73018c37cf98c053634.gif

............Seriously guys, i will get real banned soon™ for doing this.......

but i think its worth it :v

see yaaa until next month

Everyone, the master of trolling.:cap_cool: