Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
greywolfsdb2013

FPS from 60fps to 30fps after 0.8.3

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

77
[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
Member
243 posts
10,498 battles

My FPS went down from 60 to 30 after 0.8.3. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone got suggestions? TIA! :cap_wander:

They don't answer at Feedback thread for Update 0.8.3, maybe they're deaf there or are playing dumb:etc_swear:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[TF44]
[TF44]
Member
77 posts
5,789 battles

Yes i have same problem too like u
even i got the worst audio when there is 2 squadron CV arrive around me, the sound get stuttering and low respon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
829
[LBAS]
Member
5,308 posts
11,978 battles

Change some parameter inside the res folder for low fps 

IF YOU HAVE STRONGER CPU AND GPU 

I use Core i7 8th gen and GTX 1060 6GB laptop
but I can run only 72-100 fps with full setting

Capture.PNG

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
559
[LNA]
Member
2,093 posts
15,377 battles
10 hours ago, greywolfsdb2013 said:

My FPS went down from 60 to 30 after 0.8.3. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone got suggestions? TIA! :cap_wander:

They don't answer at Feedback thread for Update 0.8.3, maybe they're deaf there or are playing dumb:etc_swear:

Check if nvidia optimus is on. If so, turn it off.

Again , likely your rig is using the integrated GPU instead of the beefier slot in GPU.

Check it in NVIDIA settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
592 posts
1,666 battles
37 minutes ago, VodkaMolotov said:

PC specs please...

Patch change require new PC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
21 posts
345 battles
3 hours ago, tsuenwan said:

Patch change require new PC?

I can't help if I don't know what he's using, AMD/NVDIA GPU.

If he's using a laptop with switchable graphics, he might need to re-add the game on discrete(AMD/NVDIA) GPU's control panel. WOWS now have a separate executable for 64bit PC (WorldOfWarships64.exe). The GPU's control panel might be looking for the old executable (WorldOfWarships.exe) and if it can't find it, the game will use the integrated GPU instead of the discrete GPU which results in low fps.

If he's getting exactly 30fps, he might need to disable V-sync

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
592 posts
1,666 battles
2 hours ago, VodkaMolotov said:

I can't help if I don't know what he's using, AMD/NVDIA GPU.

If he's using a laptop with switchable graphics, he might need to re-add the game on discrete(AMD/NVDIA) GPU's control panel. WOWS now have a separate executable for 64bit PC (WorldOfWarships64.exe). The GPU's control panel might be looking for the old executable (WorldOfWarships.exe) and if it can't find it, the game will use the integrated GPU instead of the discrete GPU which results in low fps.

If he's getting exactly 30fps, he might need to disable V-sync

Does this means the new patch required extra setting for graphics  optimization? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1 post
4,021 battles

I had the issue of FPS drops but now it is solved.

Go to WOW directory and select the WorldOfWarships.exe, right click mouse button and you will see "Run with graphics processor"

Now my FPS is coming back to 60. Enjoy it !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
77
[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
Member
243 posts
10,498 battles
On 5/13/2019 at 6:25 PM, VodkaMolotov said:

I can't help if I don't know what he's using, AMD/NVDIA GPU.

If he's using a laptop with switchable graphics, he might need to re-add the game on discrete(AMD/NVDIA) GPU's control panel. WOWS now have a separate executable for 64bit PC (WorldOfWarships64.exe). The GPU's control panel might be looking for the old executable (WorldOfWarships.exe) and if it can't find it, the game will use the integrated GPU instead of the discrete GPU which results in low fps.

If he's getting exactly 30fps, he might need to disable V-sync

 

Processor: Intel i5 - 3470 CPU @ 3.20 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

Graphics: Nvidia Gforce GTX 750 Ti (Total available graphics...9957MB)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
77
[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
Member
243 posts
10,498 battles
On 5/13/2019 at 2:24 PM, VodkaMolotov said:

PC specs please...

Processor: Intel i5 - 3470 CPU @ 3.20 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

Graphics: Nvidia Gforce GTX 750 Ti (Total available graphics...9957MB)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×