You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sunlo2013

Total plane reserves of each tech tree CV (from Reddit)

80 comments in this topic

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles

Calculated from planes on deck + 1200s (max length of a battle) divided by plane restoration time

Includes +2 of each plane type on deck and -5% restoration time from the module for T8-10 carriers

These numbers are with the upgraded planes where applicable

Does not include fighters

The total numbers will be lower than these, because not all three plane types will be restoring from the start (and the last 2-3 planes restored of each type will be restored too close to the end of the game to be used)

IJN

Hosho

Rocket Planes: 9 + 27 = 36
Dive Bombers: 9 + 21 = 30
Torpedo Bombers: 5 + 10 = 15
Total = 36 + 30 + 15 = 81

Ryujo

Rocket Planes: 12 + 20 = 32
Dive Bombers: 9 + 14 = 23
Torpedo Bombers: 9 + 13 = 22
Total = 32 + 23 + 22 = 77

Shokaku

Rocket Planes: 16 + 19 = 35
Dive Bombers: 16 + 16 = 32
Torpedo Bombers: 18 + 12 = 30
Total = 35 + 32 + 30 = 97

Hakuryu

Rocket Planes: 16 + 15 = 31
Dive Bombers: 20 + 16 = 36
Torpedo Bombers: 26 + 17 (16 with the mod 7) = 43 (42 with the mod 7)
Total = 31 + 36 + 43 = 110

USN

Langley

Rocket Planes: 9 + 25 = 34
Dive Bombers: 9 + 21 = 30
Total = 34 + 30 + 15 = 79

Ranger

Rocket Planes: 9 + 16 = 25
Dive Bombers: 14 + 21 = 35
Total = 25 + 35 + 22 = 82

Lexington

Rocket Planes: 16 + 19 = 35
Dive Bombers: 16 + 16 = 32
Torpedo Bombers: 16 + 15 = 31
Total = 35 + 32 + 31 = 98

Midway

Dive Bombers: 20 + 16 = 36
Torpedo Bombers: 16 + 12 = 28
Total = 31 + 36 + 28 = 95

RN

Hermes

Rocket Planes: 9 + 21 = 30
Bombers: 5 + 12 = 17
Total = 30 + 17 + 15 = 62

Furious

Rocket Planes: 9 + 16 = 25
Bombers: 6 + 10 = 16
Total = 25 + 16 + 22 = 63

Implacable

Rocket Planes: 11 + 12 = 23
Bombers: 11 + 10 = 21
Torpedo Bombers: 14 + 12 = 26
Total = 23 + 21 + 26 = 70

Audacious

Bombers: 16 + 13 = 29
Torpedo Bombers: 16 + 12 = 28
Total = 31 + 29 + 28 = 88

Premium CVs for reference (includes 1 point skill and T8 module)

Enterprise

Rocket planes: 20 + 27 = 47

Dive bombers: 16 + 17 = 33

Torpedo bombers: 16 + 22 = 38

Total: 118

Kaga

Rocket planes: 26 + 13 = 39

Dive bombers: 38 + 18 = 56

Torpedo bombers: 38 + 14 = 52

Total: 147

Saipan

Rocket planes: 11 + 10 = 21

Dive bombers: 11 + 9 = 20

Torpedo bombers: 11 + 8 = 19

Total: 60

Graf Zeppelin

Rocket planes: 14 + 16 = 30

Dive bombers: 14 + 14 = 28

Torpedo bombers: 16 + 16 = 32

Total: 90

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/bmzzk4/total_plane_reserves_of_each_tech_tree_cv/

• Cool 7

[TLS]
4,863 posts
21,287 battles

I don't see the unlimited plane reserves as so often "complained about". Good work disseminating information to counter incorrect perceptions.

[TLS]
232 posts
7,875 battles

I have my popcorn and chill attitude to watch this

*complete my afternoon guys* 

:cap_popcorn::cap_popcorn:

• Funny 1

[KOREA]
Moderator, Beta Tester, Community Contributor
945 posts
8,711 battles

There are Premiums one too

Premium CVs for reference (includes 1 point skill and T8 module)

Enterprise

Rocket planes: 20 + 27 = 47

Dive bombers: 16 + 17 = 33

Torpedo bombers: 16 + 22 = 38

Total: 118

Kaga

Rocket planes: 26 + 13 = 39

Dive bombers: 38 + 18 = 56

Torpedo bombers: 38 + 14 = 52

Total: 147

Saipan

Rocket planes: 11 + 10 = 21

Dive bombers: 11 + 9 = 20

Torpedo bombers: 11 + 8 = 19

Total: 60

Graf Zeppelin

Rocket planes: 14 + 16 = 30

Dive bombers: 14 + 14 = 28

Torpedo bombers: 16 + 16 = 32

Total: 90

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
285 posts
8,403 battles

So if you have enough planes to always be able to send more out for the length of the game, which I believe is what you've reported here, not how many planes but how many planes you have based on game duration, isn't that the same as unlimited?

Perhaps I miss understand your post?

If I'm correct all your showing is the diff between various CV's plane amounts per match but its CV so beyond my wish or desire to understand :)

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles
On 5/11/2019 at 4:03 PM, Soloun said:

If I'm correct all your showing is the diff between various CV's plane amounts per match but its CV so beyond my wish or desire to understand 🙂

Uh that's why your kind gets wrecked left & right in this meta. (EDITED)

We never use medical problems to discuss game play, or lack there of!! Post Edited, User Sanctioned

~lengxv6

• Cool 1

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles
30 minutes ago, Soloun said:

So if you have enough planes to always be able to send more out for the length of the game, which I believe is what you've reported here, not how many planes but how many planes you have based on game duration, isn't that the same as unlimited?

Perhaps I miss understand your post?

If I'm correct all your showing is the diff between various CV's plane amounts per match but its CV so beyond my wish or desire to understand 🙂

If a squadron depleted to less than full strength the chance of losing planes will increase, the less planes within the squadron the risk to lose more plane will increase and chance to make first successful strike will decrease dramatically. That's because of total hp pool of the squadron, determined how likely you can get the first strike off and how many following strikes will be possible.

So, every plane kill matters, especially it determines which CV can affect the outcome in late game. That's why CV usually won't perform well in short game that one team steam roll others.

Therefore, if there are only 1~2 plane available in a squadron practically equal to deplaned for a long period of time.

Also above is theoretical max number of plane. Remember, if you don't use the plane it won't regenerate. So, when in the first few minutes of the game, there are no plane lost yet. No plane regenerated. And also if you don't use or lose 1 type of plane until mid game that type of plane won't regenerate neither. So in practice the total number of planes in disposal varies depends on CV players plane use and strategy.

Edited by sunlo2013
  • Cool 1

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles

Btw, I am more interested in, how 0.8.4 CV nerf will affects inter-CV balances. 

I think CV with higher regeneration rate probably will became relatively stronger, CV rely on speed to reduce damage will feel the nerf harder.

0.8.4 is universal nerf to CV but some CV will have bigger trouble than others.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles
12 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

I think CV with higher regeneration rate probably will became relatively stronger, CV rely on speed to reduce damage will feel the nerf harder.

I went to the public test server & figured out British CVs will suffer the biggest problem with the universal nerf. British planes are already slow at the current state, and the preparation cooldown would hamper their performance against their American counterparts.

1,204 posts
11,077 battles
28 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

If a squadron depleted to less than full strength the chance of losing planes will increase, the less planes within the squadron the risk to lose more plane will increase and chance to make first successful strike will decrease dramatically. That's because of total hp pool of the squadron, determined how likely you can get the first strike off and how many following strikes will be possible.

So, every plane kill matters, especially it determines which CV can affect the outcome in late game. That's why CV usually won't perform well in short game that one team steam roll others.

Therefore, if there are only 1~2 plane available in a squadron practically equal to deplaned for a long period of time.

Also above is theoretical max number of plane. Remember, if you don't use the plane it won't regenerate. So, when in the first few minutes of the game, there are no plane lost yet. No plane regenerated. And also if you don't use or lose 1 type of plane until mid game that type of plane won't regenerate neither. So in practice the total number of planes in disposal varies depends on CV players plane use and strategy.

That's why CV ditches the first strike to save those planes. Soloun is right though, for all intents and purposes CV does have unlimited planes. It can run low of planes but if time permits it will regen those planes.

Obviously as Sunny said, they wont be as effective in battle etc etc

[TLS]
4,863 posts
21,287 battles

Basically, it boils down to if you lose too many planes in the early game, you're screwed with either i) not having the effective plane type to attack with ii) nothing left to sortie out (ie defanged). Yes, you regenerate your planes, but by the time you get a decent flight ready, your team may have already lost the game and you will be reduced to just farming damage in defeat.

So far from my experience is that I farm damage in my losing games because I am the only thing left that can effectively fight, and I perform badly damage wise in games where my team plays well.

Also remember that as the game progresses, surface ships with HE keep on whittling down the AA defence. Why don't people blame HE shells for destroying their AA instead?

At the end of the day, CV life was difficult and miserable prerework and after rework, it is has improved in some areas while being miserable/difficult in others.

[TLS]
4,863 posts
21,287 battles
32 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

15 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

I went to the public test server & figured out British CVs will suffer the biggest problem with the universal nerf. British planes are already slow at the current state, and the preparation cooldown would hamper their performance against their American counterparts.

Nerf is a kneejerk reaction to the complainers. Pre 0.8's delay was built into each squad requiring a timer to take off because you could deploy more than 1 simultaneous strike at once. The good players used to wait until their bombers were fully deployed to perform a dedicated strike in one shot. Otherwise you'd have a point and destroy.

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles
21 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

That's why CV ditches the first strike to save those planes. Soloun is right though, for all intents and purposes CV does have unlimited planes. It can run low of planes but if time permits it will regen those planes.

Obviously as Sunny said, they wont be as effective in battle etc etc

Dropping payload before first strikes is just 2 edges sword as mentioned before the total hp pool matters. If you dropping first strike actually means you removed part of your hp going into AA bubble, also means you are not prepared for more than one strike.

1,204 posts
11,077 battles
12 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Basically, it boils down to if you lose too many planes in the early game, you're screwed with either i) not having the effective plane type to attack with ii) nothing left to sortie out (ie defanged). Yes, you regenerate your planes, but by the time you get a decent flight ready, your team may have already lost the game and you will be reduced to just farming damage in defeat.

So far from my experience is that I farm damage in my losing games because I am the only thing left that can effectively fight, and I perform badly damage wise in games where my team plays well.

Also remember that as the game progresses, surface ships with HE keep on whittling down the AA defence. Why don't people blame HE shells for destroying their AA instead?

At the end of the day, CV life was difficult and miserable prerework and after rework, it is has improved in some areas while being miserable/difficult in others.

In your experience? Dude you're a COOP player, why do you even care? 

15 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Basically, it boils down to if you lose too many planes in the early game, you're screwed with either i) not having the effective plane type to attack with ii) nothing left to sortie out (ie defanged)

Myself and Sunlo already said this.

1 minute ago, sunlo2013 said:

Dropping payload before first strikes is just 2 edges sword as mentioned before the total hp pool matters. If you dropping first strike actually means you removed part of your hp going into AA bubble, also means you are not prepared for more than one strike.

CV players do it to save planes yes? I already agreed with you about losing effectiveness with less planes per Sortie.

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles
1 minute ago, dieselhead said:

CV players do it to save planes yes? I already agreed with you about losing effectiveness with less planes per Sortie.

My point is dropping first payload not necessarily save planes, because player lower their hp pool in fact increases the chance of lose planes, if you understand the AA mechanic.

1,204 posts
11,077 battles
Just now, sunlo2013 said:

My point is dropping first payload not necessarily save planes, because player lower their hp pool in fact increases the chance of lose planes, if you understand the AA mechanic.

I know, I already said I get that lol. 

Is the payload droppped to save planes or not? Simple question? Im sure you do it as well since nearly every decent CV player does.

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles
40 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

I know, I already said I get that lol. 

Is the payload droppped to save planes or not? Simple question? Im sure you do it as well since nearly every decent CV player does.

Simple answer is no, I don't drop payload before strikes.

1,204 posts
11,077 battles
11 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

Simple answer is no, I don't drop payload before strikes.

OK, so why do other cv players drop payload before going to strike a target?

121 posts
11,649 battles
1 minute ago, dieselhead said:

i mostly do that in Hakuryu's TB, because it has excessive amount of drops, 6 to be precise, the plane is so weak in HP that if i go in for a kamikaze strike, i'll mostly lose the entire squad due to long retreating time of the plane.

if you determine yourself to be inevitably losing planes, you need to calculate the most effective amount of drops to also get the strike done and lose least planes.

[LNA]
2,093 posts
15,377 battles
5 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

This is to get a sling shot into high AA density targets.

Before striking a tough target i want dead , it is necessary to measure general AA level before i hit the target. Again if you are picked , it is no random coincidence. CV take time to look for target and calculate what is needed.

At half squadron size , a sling shot will save me 75% planes , or allow me to save 25% planes before attack is done. Ofc , this trade DPM and strike potential. This ensure maximum lost is not above a certain level.

Against medium level AA , it is a better deal to go three wings in. This so that it carry atleast 2 strikes in and at best 3 - 5 planes lost.

The thing is , there is a need to manage your losses so that you can go dry when you need to.

1,204 posts
11,077 battles
7 minutes ago, Navy_Sensou said:

i mostly do that in Hakuryu's TB, because it has excessive amount of drops, 6 to be precise, the plane is so weak in HP that if i go in for a kamikaze strike, i'll mostly lose the entire squad due to long retreating time of the plane.

if you determine yourself to be inevitably losing planes, you need to calculate the most effective amount of drops to also get the strike done and lose least planes.

Thank you, A straight answer at last!

4 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

This is to get a sling shot into high AA density targets.

Yeah Ive seen them do that. I know exactly why they drop before a strike, for some reason Sunlo didnt want to answer when I asked him.

[MRI]
3,795 posts
16,860 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

Not necessarily.

For example, I usually drop one payload when scouting at the start of the game. This is to ensure that I will have a full strength squadron if I were to sortie the same plane type again. For example, I have 22 rocket planes on deck. I take off 12 planes, that would leave me with 10 planes and therefore unable to launch a full squadron. But If I were to send back one strike of 3 planes, I would get 13 planes on deck, which is enough to launch a full squadron of 12 planes immediately after my scouting mission.

But in all honesty, prematurely dropping a payload is a two-edged sword like Sunlo said. On one had, it saves a guaranteed number of planes. On the other hand, there is a risk that you may lose even more planes because the remaining smaller squad are more liable to be shot down thanks to the AA mechanics.

Personally I don't like prematurely dropping my payload unless I am slingshot dropping or I want to ensure that my next squadron is a full squadron like I said earlier. Imo it is better to fly in with a full strength squadron to spread the damage out, strike the target, then fly out of the AA bubble before pressing F.

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles

I don't use sling shot and I don't drop before strike even with Hakuryu planes. Everyone have their own way to deal with mitigating plane lost. That's why I said it is two edge sword, because it is more complicated than straight Yes or No. 

The reason I go in full squad, is I can be sure I get at least 2 succession drops off even under strong AA and I can manage 80% of squadron returning. And I felt I have more option in follow up attack after first drop. 

In normal T10 game, my plane lost is around 30-40 excluding fighter planes. 

• Cool 2

1,204 posts
11,077 battles
23 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

In normal T10 game, my plane lost is around 30-40 excluding fighter planes. 

In which CV? Or is that any CV?

I only asked why drop planes, so I was right, Its done to save planes like I said.

Edited by dieselhead