Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sunlo2013

If you think CV are OP

14 comments in this topic

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles

image.thumb.png.25cae8d908ffea61313c31e98d198483.png

I would say these Russian BB are new definition of OP, the good thing is they are also fun to play. I am not even talking about Pobeda/Slava, the main line already incredible. 

In fact they are so fun to play, I spend most of time playing these ships, rarely play CV in last couple of weeks.

I predict CV population will drop drastically in next patch, as new line come to live as well as significant nerf introduce to CV.

Edited by sunlo2013

[AN-DO]
733 posts
10,792 battles

I'd be interested to know how you are playing them. I have only had a few games in Sinop and then left it, maybe it was just bad luck all my games had double T8 CVs that decided I was the best target. The one game that went well only had a single CV and he was playing on the other side of the map so I was able to unleash. I have struggled though.

5,677 posts
9,487 battles

Russian Balans, tovarish :cap_rambo:

I hope that when 0.8.4 hits, people will steer away from talking about CVs for a while. I'm tired of all the CV talks.

Or the Russian BB players come to complain about CVs...

Edited by Paladinum

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles

They’re not op, they’re more than op, we need a new definition...

They’re GM. God Mode.

Beta Tester
859 posts
892 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Russian Balans, tovarish :cap_rambo:

I hope that when 0.8.4 hits, people will steer away from talking about CVs for a while. I'm tired of all the CV talks.

Or the Russian BB players come to complain about CVs...

Issue is if it's like the soviet tech tree in WOT, it'll become the beacon to the mind less masses. Maybe then we'll get more DD op instead of CV op threads.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,011 posts
13,704 battles

Pyotr Veliky is an absolute beast for a T5 BB. It's the only T5 BB (other than Kongo) that can still dish out some meaningful damage in T5-7 battles.

21 posts
345 battles

Bow-tanking Pyotr Veliky (Bow shots only)

≤452mm guns: Nope...

≥453mm guns: Upper Fore End Armor belt

BALANS

Edited by VodkaMolotov

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles
7 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

I'd be interested to know how you are playing them. I have only had a few games in Sinop and then left it, maybe it was just bad luck all my games had double T8 CVs that decided I was the best target. The one game that went well only had a single CV and he was playing on the other side of the map so I was able to unleash. I have struggled though.

This is a very difficult question for me to answer, the ship is so different from any other BB in game, it took me more than a few games to have some understanding on how the ship perform. I am still learning and refining strategy with the line.

Overall impression so far, this is a aggressive ship, you have to play aggressive defense and you have play aggressive offense. This is contrary to traditional BB where stay at distance and snipe. This ship start to be effective at 13 km or less. So you will need to get very close to enemies to be effective, therefore it is not a good damage farmer because you can not farm damage from distance and reload is real slow at 33 seconds. It definitely not a brawler neither, because of the exposed citadel, you can't brawl like German BB, however you have the best BB gun angle in the game which mean you can remain extreme good angling while using all guns. 

These ships really good at is absorb damage given that you have angling correctly and have island cover your citadel. The problem is how to make this work in order to make an impact.

My thought is to play objective and play aggressively as if you are USN cruiser. I would pick a position that can control a objective choke point hold there act as damage sponge and area of denied. If enemy push in, my gun accuracy be came cruiser like which I can kill them real fast. If we push enemies away then we got the cap and move on to next objective and choke point. Also, if you move in those position, the chances are you will have a few cruisers around you providing AA defense.

Sinop's speed, armor, gun caliber, AA and DCP are very good as T7 ship and definitely can get away with a very aggressive approach. However, you are not tank at all if you got into T9 heavy game, because of the range, fire power and accuracy of T9 ships. So you will need to be patient in T9 heavy game probably feeling a bit unless in those game. In fact all my lose are in T9 games I believe.  

• Cool 2

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles

If you think Russian BB is more op

wait till you see Russian CV :Smile_trollface:

Edited by humusz
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AN-DO]
733 posts
10,792 battles

Thanks @sunlo2013 I definitely found uptiering hard, I like the explanation about playing a bit like a US cruiser, that definitely gives me a better idea of positioning :cap_like:

56 posts
3,820 battles
16 hours ago, humusz said:

If you think Russian BB is more op

wait till you see Russian CV :Smile_trollface:

Most of us were trying to avoid even thinking about it, and you go and say it...

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
285 posts
8,391 battles

It would be good if something did address the CV meta as 10 -11 out of 12 players have been found to be playing a ship OTHER then a CV :) So making the game fun for the majority would be good :)

Sign in to follow this