Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
minokawa_jelian

I suggest a 2nd season of CV Refund

12 comments in this topic

1 post
3,458 battles

The pace pf 0.8.4 is coming and as developers have mentioned that the 4 month of the Rework of CV is near an end.(I think that means the 1st step of CV Rework is over.)

Thinking about the special conditions of PT server, the game finally become a "super large testing server" from the begining of 2019. And so many players took part in the CV improvement. Now there're CVs in nearly every battle and only some more "balance improments" are needed.

In my opinion, every player who play CV in the latest 4 updates are "testers", as the gameplay of carriers changed so much during the 4 months. What we want to play may not be what we actually played.

This didn't happened during a long period of updates but some intense changes. So I suggest a 2nd season of CV Refund. Because when i choose CV tech trees, i don't know whether it will be like, and whether it fits me well ---- But i can gain such information when i choose other tech trees.

This doesn't means I want to quit CVs and a failure of CV Rework, in addition, I think it's a proper award for "CV testers". I may want to change the nationality of my CV lines----because their differences in the battle have changed.

And this is my own opinion, which may have lots of problems, I hope others can improve my asks ---- or in another condition, reject it because its non-operability.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
285 posts
8,402 battles

News flash buddy, those of us who played surface ships and put up with the crap that is CV's are THE ONLY REASON you CV players we able to "test" CV's.

Without us there is no "test" and actually no game. Without CV players there is a better game from many many peoples points of view :)

It's something many of you self involved CV players don't seem to be able to grasp :) But considering the low skill easy mode that is CV play, it's not a surprise at all.

• Cool 3

[TF44]
529 posts
22,472 battles

technically everyone is a tester since game hasn't reach 1.0 version. you've paid for early acces virtual goods

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
859 posts
892 battles
1 hour ago, Soloun said:

It's something many of you self involved CV players don't seem to be able to grasp :) But considering the low skill easy mode that is CV play, it's not a surprise at all.

How cute since Destroyers were rather skill less when it came down to the brass tacks, simply abuse the spotting mechanics with the tech tree that has the longer range fishies. Don't even get me started on the brainless Battleship players who would just form one neat battle line and go out to get citadeled by the enemy team.

Now that CV's aren't some RTS reject suddenly they're a problem, hmmm something sounds fishy and it ain't these torpedoes.

Edited by Lupis
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

1,203 posts
11,077 battles
2 minutes ago, Lupis said:

Now that CV's aren't some RTS reject suddenly they're a problem, hmmm something sounds fishy and it ain't these torpedoes.

They were broken then and they are broken now, same shit different smell tbh.

Beta Tester
859 posts
892 battles
1 minute ago, dieselhead said:

They were broken then and they are broken now, same shit different smell tbh.

No, just people stopped playing them because they were unfun and the mindless masses got lazy, that's what all this qqing boils down to. Funnily enough it seems to mostly come from the Destroyer playerbase, the literal broken ship class in the game.

• Cool 2

[SALT]
2,123 posts
10,571 battles
53 minutes ago, Lowyat said:

technically everyone is a tester since game hasn't reach 1.0 version. you've paid for early acces virtual goods

well, full release dont need to be ver 1.0

as PUBG one developer said, when they released it anyway (it was ver 0.9 something) they said it because dev still dont think its fully complete (ready but incomplete as they said)

Edited by humusz

1,203 posts
11,077 battles
2 minutes ago, Lupis said:

No, just people stopped playing them because they were unfun and the mindless masses got lazy, that's what all this qqing boils down to. Funnily enough it seems to mostly come from the Destroyer playerbase, the literal broken ship class in the game.

Funny everyone hangs shit on DD players until they want something capped or spotted or smoked up!

CV's ARE broken because the 2 mechanics (surface ship and CV) dont mix. CV's dont really have to stick to the same rule set as surface ships and they dont pay the same price for their mistakes either.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles

Wow, this thread turned sour fast.

Back to the original topic. I don't think WG will allow a refund. You only get refunds when stuff is taken away. You researched and bought the ships with the full knowledge they would be tweaked.

Did WG offer refund when Yueyang was nerfed?

And they haven't really changed that much since the rework.

That said, if people got bored with the new CVs and want to hand them in and go play something else, Fine with me, less CVs around.

[MRI]
3,791 posts
16,857 battles

Wow, it certainly did not take long for the CV haters to come in and spread the vitriol all over the place. :Smile_sceptic:

Now regarding the OP's suggestion, I doubt WG will bother with that. They already gave us a CV refund period if we didn't like the new gameplay. That time period should have been enough to decide if you liked the new gameplay or not.

And overall the post-rework CVs haven't changed much with balance patches. IJN CVs still have their AP bombs and fast but fragile planes, USN CVs are still are still versatile, etc. 

So while a 2nd refund will be nice, I doubt WG is going to do it.

• Cool 1

445 posts
6,418 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

They already gave us a CV refund period if we didn't like the new gameplay

For non-CV players where is our refund? 😠

“Dogfights” is the key to balancing CVs with the rest of the fleet, this is a way to mitigate CV total attack, forcing them to focus on each other for awhile (as per old RTS).

If it was by game limitations then fair enough but if it was by design then re-work, SOS.

Edited by BuckleUpBones
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this