You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RossiyaReich

MM still needs to be fixed

5 comments in this topic

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,821 posts
5,683 battles

What bit?  Standard +-2 MM which has been with us since Jesus was a boy? or the 2 CV?

4 posts
2,868 battles
9 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

What bit?  Standard +-2 MM which has been with us since Jesus was a boy? or the 2 CV?

no, i can handle it if it happens once in a while, but just today i already had 7 out of 12 matches that like this and its driving me insane

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,505 posts
12,299 battles

why you need to get drunk MM again?

[PSO2]
27 posts
On 5/9/2019 at 9:42 PM, RossiyaReich said:

no, i can handle it if it happens once in a while, but just today i already had 7 out of 12 matches that like this and its driving me insane

Hi

Wait until you get to the wonderful T8 grinds.  Which Sooo many players absolutely detest.

Situation where you are consistently bottom Tier.

Extremely lucky if there is another 2 Tier 8 

Most frequently 3 or 4 Tier 9 and the Rest Tier 10

This is going to be quite long, but its still the short version for sanity..

Heres the nuts and bolts 

You know those players

The ones who started all this lemming train since start of the year..

When they start to get T8's

what are they going to do?

its this

They will do what ever is easiest..

The Issue grinds - being bottom Tier all to often

Most noticeable at T8 grind because its longer, being higher Tier of course

T8 Far to often bottom Tier

Far to often 1 or 2 T8 few T9 rest 10's

This is quite likely how many of those players will think.

Cant do enough damage out put, I was told i score more when i do damage 

but really i cant get the damage or even close range to get them, if i fire at max range i do less damage dispersion elipse blurgh mechanics..idk idc   bottom Tier i get focus for easy points.  

all i know is that this is bs man this T8 grind sucks

solution Yolo get as many points as i can! 

AKA run out and die.

and then

while my first T8 is still in battle

I will do the same with my other T8 or T8's

or I'll be grinding my next line (until that line reaches the T8 match making hell, while my T8 is in battle.

Eventually they will end up with a number of T8 ships in different lines.

To get around the grind and being bottom Tier so often,  >> meh run out and die.   

This run out and die tactic was most notable in the Dunkirk OP 

A player at start, turns left, straight into mine field , before picking up convoy and dies > gets next dd does same thing .

Meanwhile his team(s) are grinding on handicapped cos of missing team mate.   Fun for them right.

And this run out and die player? They're hoping their team will win, for win which they get added benefit for.

OK 

so that's the basis for where this is heading.

However when we get this at Tier 8 level, in particular when all these lemming mindset players, who've seemingly made this a thing since the beginning of the year, start to get more and more T8's

This will start to be noticeable and will likely happen

>

Player in T8 

Bottom Tier.

"Again!, FFS!" Sighs

I have the only easy answer YOLO

get what i can, run out and die 

Hope team gets win

If not meh

I;ll be doing the same in my other line T8 YOLO

>

It will become so frequent it will be expected.

T8 bottom Tier runs out and dies, the rest of that team T9 and T10  only  Sigh,  but think it's not unexpected. 

War Gaming and everyone knows players will do whats easiest.

Running out and dying  particularly @ T8 given the gap to T10 performance

To bypass what seems like a stupid match making ( be it perceived real or not) will happen.

Meanwhile this type of player, will hope their played T8 ships Team still wins and so what points they did get in their yolo means a little more.

if not 

Never mind

Because that same player will be yolo'ing already in their other T8 they've got to, in the same match making scenario.

These players will get their first Tier 8 and then play to get another another T8 while the first is still in battle.

Then they'll be yolo'ing with 2 Tier 8  then 3 Tier 8's. 

At which time this might actually become much more noticeable to those that arent looking for this an already emerging pattern..

Players will take the easiest way.,

its starting to be a noticeable thing and its seems to go beyond poor play, which it might  be mistaken for in the past.

Ask yourself players, have you seen players that seem to make big tactical blunders and honestly thought, "man that was bad!" and " they should know better especially at this Tier!!" (inparticular higher Tiers)

Perhaps you have mistaken that player for a bot or unlucky.

Or

Is it part of a bigger picture now made more real.

That will worsen over time as this matchmaking facade continues and continues to be ignored.

The yolo will be more real

It will get worse as the lemming mentality gets more T8 when it will start to  be more apparent as they move to more Tier 8, in the coming months.  

Perchance, It will be very noticeable as the skill factor by Tier 8, you know whats good and bad and you know when you make mistakes, everyone does. 

But now with eyes perhaps now a little wider then ... the yolos..

oh yes sadly im convinced this trend will continue to grow and it will only get worse and more noticeable

And as for your suffering? having this player run out and die in your team? your reports? / karma mean nothing for game play

This was the short version.

- why T8 is pathetic against majority T10 match ups.

- what i've heard and seen in chat

- my own experience that correlates to this original post

- my thoughts as to why a certain or any software developer may over look this type of issue and what benefits it may have for them.

Good luck and salty captains.