You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

Pobeda. why this thing exist?

92 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles

who design this ship?
>gets accurate the father the target
>encourage sniping and camping
>can blap destroyer beyond 14km
>railgun shell on bb
>better penetration than yamato 460mm guns...

excuse me?

[ANZAC]
522 posts
19,746 battles

Because they are using Stalin's dictionary definition of 'balance' komrade.

Glorious balansed ship design completed after all night wodka session. Glory to mother Russia!

[AUDI]
23 posts
13,484 battles

I was astonished when I checked that s**t in wowsft. It has..

1. Best penetration among all BB shells
At 20km, its AP has 560mm penetration.
Yamato and Republique: 500mm. Poor Montana: 440mm

2. Fastest flying shells among all ships
Its AP hits 20km in less than 10 sec, surpassing Stalingrad and Kronstadt.

3. Lowest flying shells among all BBs
At 25km, the impact angle is only 20 degrees = AP effectively hits the broadside of an enemy ship at the great distance

4. Tightest horizontal dispersion among all BBs
H.Disp is only 219m at 25km.
Standard CA: 206m, Azuma: 253m, Stalingrad: 258m, IJN BB: 264m, US BB: 310m

5. Likely have a very good vertical dispersion too if it is the same as other Soviet BBs.
See my previous test. It is probably even easier to hit the broadside of an enemy ship.

スポイラー
2019/5/4 に 午前1時58分 に、TheNPUKy の発言:

Probably, Yes. 
Soviet BBs likely have a tight vertical dispersion which enables a player to hit the broadside of an enemy ship effectively.

I have tested in a training mode. Here are the digitized plots of the salvos (100 hits) on the surface at 10 and 15 km of distances. Sinop (Soviet Tier 7 BB) significantly outperforms Ashitaka and Bismarck (=Gneisenau) in vertical dispersion while its horizontal dispersion is the worst.
Note that it is an apparent vertical dispersion projected onto the horizontal surface. The true vertical dispersion is the dispersion on a vertical plane which is hard to test.

Sinop-Ahistaka-Bismarck-10km.thumb.png.67c52243b8c5cb19a882babe183ba4f2.png
Fig. 1. The results of firing at 10 km with the three ships. The shells were fired from the bottom to top. Sinop outperforms others with the tight concentration of salvos at the centre of the y-axis. Ashitaka performs best in horizontal dispersion thanks to both good sigma and small max dispersion (See the table).  However in terms of vertical dispersion, Ashitaka falls to the bottom probably because IJN BBs are supposed to have bad vertical dispersion (source). Bismarck has a long tail of dispersion due to its low-flying shells.

Sinop-Ahistaka-Bismarck-15km.thumb.png.c5dea91b6a26c0df053e7e58e9deea81.png
Fig. 2. The results of firing at 15 km with the three ships. The Sinop still leads the rivals in vertical dispersion while its horizontal dispersion is exceptionally bad probably due to the combination of broad max dispersion and low sigma. 

Sigma Max radius in horizontal dispersion (x2.0 when it is not locked) Impact angle (via wowsft.com)  
Sinop (10km) 1.6 150 m 8.3 degree  
Ashitaka (10km) 1.8 156 m 7.7 degree  
Bismarck (10km) 1.8 164 m 6.7 degree  
Sinop (15km) 1.6 210.5 m 16.0 degree  
Ashitaka (15km) 1.8 192.0 m 14.9 degree  
Bismarck (15km) 1.8 213.0 m 12.2 degree  

Methods

1. Hopping into the training mode
  2. Firing onto the cap area cone at the desired distance
  3. Screengrabbing the salvo from above with replays
  4. Digitizing them in GIS software
  5. Some math and coding to normalize them

howdidyoudothat2.thumb.jpg.3f0c1797236c26f652b9bcb7c8289979.jpg
Please never ask me to do 1000 hits :P

It's absoluuuuuuutely not OK.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
232 posts
7,875 battles

This ships is absolutely stupidest design by far, even more broken than Conqueror HE spam. THIS SHOULD NEVER GO LIVE. Encourage sniping than tanking is go opposite of RU BB design so far. DO NOT LET IT GO LIVE. :fish_panic: :fish_palm: 

• Cool 1

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles

Russian BB main line is already stupid enough. This thing is basically a mega starlingard. I am pretty sure it will not make it to tech tree ship. 

If WG decided to change it to steel ship then I don't know. It might happen according to WG track records.

5,678 posts
9,495 battles

WeeGee said Russian BBs should be a push into the mid-range BB playstyle with good dispersion in mid to close range, but horrible at long range.

They also allow some ships to have god-like accuracy at all range.

Food for thought :fish_book:

[SALT]
2,123 posts
10,571 battles
1 hour ago, sunlo2013 said:

Russian BB main line is already stupid enough. This thing is basically a mega starlingard. I am pretty sure it will not make it to tech tree ship. 

If WG decided to change it to steel ship then I don't know. It might happen according to WG track records.

Its premium not tech tree

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles
28 minutes ago, humusz said:

Is it? I thought WG called it alt line of Kremlin, so I assume it is tech tree ship.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
232 posts
7,875 battles
8 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

Is it? I thought WG called it alt line of Kremlin, so I assume it is tech tree ship.

ready to get rekt at 20km away, this gonna be fun and engaging :fish_boom:

[TLS]
232 posts
7,875 battles

seriously, if we compare all the paper design t10. Only Yamato is the real life ships who have the stats to actually reflect in game. Others is just made up from the other or before version of that ships. For RU BB i think the gameplay is quite fun and really force players to engage more than the normal sniping and that moment *look behind full hp 4 BB 17km* . But Pobeda is totally broken in my Pov. Seriously this is just so bias and we used to thought Stalin is already bias enough. WG please for the sake of balance, dont release this totally broken ship. :cap_fainting:

[NCOTS]
909 posts
10,791 battles
1 hour ago, humusz said:

32 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

According to most sources, it will be available as a researchable ship in tech tree as an alternate option from the T9 of main branch....

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,285 battles

Sad to say the least, with their handling of balancing issues now with the "rework" and in the past, I have absolutely no hope in their ability to properly balance this. Stalin rising from the dead is more likely to happen than proper balancing.

• Funny 1

[SALT]
2,123 posts
10,571 battles
23 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

According to most sources, it will be available as a researchable ship in tech tree as an alternate option from the T9 of main branch....

Most say it possible Free Exp ship, or are you implying kind of musishi and missouri not premium

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles
1 hour ago, humusz said:

Most say it possible Free Exp ship, or are you implying kind of musishi and missouri not premium

:Smile_great: The first TX Free EXP :crab:

5,678 posts
9,495 battles
2 hours ago, humusz said:

Dev Blog says Pobeda (will be release as 'Slava') will be the second RESEARCHABLE T10 Russian BB. 

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

5,678 posts
9,495 battles

[UNRYU]
87 posts
8,094 battles
1 hour ago, humusz said:

I remember it's just the same hull as kreml with different gun. And they will implement it as a modules in the kreml but if you change the gun, the name also changes.

5,678 posts
9,495 battles
Just now, exter001 said:

I remember it's just the same hull as kreml with different gun. And they will implement it as a modules in the kreml but if you change the gun, the name also changes.

Please read my comment, right above yours. Pobeda WILL be the second tech tree Russian BB, name will change to Slava when released.

[UNRYU]
87 posts
8,094 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Please read my comment, right above yours. Pobeda WILL be the second tech tree Russian BB, name will change to Slava when released.

Calm down dude, I wrote mine before your post came up man. I'm sorry, ok?

[SALT]
2,123 posts
10,571 battles
12 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

well, when missouri first anounced, it also advertised as "Researchable" - as opposed to paywalled standard one. the question was would the ship would be premium (able to switch comander freely) or not.

as you would want High level captain on high tier ships

5 minutes ago, exter001 said:

Scharnhorst - Gneisenau

prob same case, one sold as premium one was not

only tier was diffrent

Edited by humusz

5,678 posts
9,495 battles
Just now, exter001 said:

Calm down dude, I wrote mine before your post came up man. I'm sorry, ok?

:cap_old: okay...

5,678 posts
9,495 battles
22 minutes ago, humusz said:

the question was would the ship would be premium (able to switch comander freely) or not.

No.