You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Can YOU spot the error?

25 comments in this topic

[HMNZ]
364 posts
5,531 battles

yup. the guy on the quarter-deck is mooning you Max :Smile-_tongue:

[CLAY]
2,838 posts
12,639 battles

CV is using DBs rather that TBs which mess up the broadsiding ships.

Don’t they know they have to use TBs to further perpetuate the poor performance of CVs in operations?! :Smile-_tongue:

This sort of competent play will spoil the reputation of the idiot CV.

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,535 posts
19,978 battles
2 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

yup. the guy on the quarter-deck is mooning you Max :Smile-_tongue:

WHAT!?

Why you little...

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,535 posts
19,978 battles

Hint: What range are the enemy ships at?

[TF44]
379 posts
3,785 battles
30 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Hint: What range are the enemy ships at?

With this hint:- 2 things stand out to me anyway. PEF broadside on in smoke at that range an easy hit for the enemy particularly if near stationary. Also blocking your shots. If Leander preparing to torp, on edge of effective torp range.

That's all i've got for this one

Alex

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,666 posts
41,523 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

CV is using DBs rather that TBs which mess up the broadsiding ships.

nope nope, DB can do good damage and the bot wont change the course << your team could kill them fast

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,535 posts
19,978 battles

BB moves into smoke that it cannot benefit from and gets me shot.

[CLAY]
2,838 posts
12,639 battles
3 hours ago, MatterCore said:

nope nope, DB can do good damage and the bot wont change the course << your team could kill them fast

Yeah, that’s kinda the point, I was being facetious.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,838 posts
12,639 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

The fact that it took us this long to get it means that a lot of people probably do exactly that.

I mean, When in my PEF I don’t deliberately sail into smoke to hide, I keep up with the cruisers, and slowly angle towards the enemy. The fact that i’m In the smoke is just because the smoke is THERE, directly in the path we were taking towards the enemy.

Yes, I try to avoid being too close to other ships in case I or they need to manoeuvre, And I personally, knowing full well that smoke is useless to me, am more likely to be just outside smoke. But what I’m saying, is it’s not that uncommon for a BB, especially a PEF, to be that close to enemy, trying to keep all his guns firing.

Lets be honest, that whole area is just a great big ship crunch.

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,666 posts
41,523 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, that’s kinda the point, I was being facetious.

Did u try Ryujo

My Ryuujo no upgrades no captain, 20 citadel with DB and 5stars:Smile_hiding:

Edited by MatterCore

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,287 posts
8,786 battles

Oh @Max_Battle I think I found the error.

Day after day the convoy keeps taking the same route, with the inevitable result of it being taken over by the enemy.

That's not shrewd at all.

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,535 posts
19,978 battles
6 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Oh @Max_Battle I think I found the error.

Day after day the convoy keeps taking the same route, with the inevitable result of it being taken over by the enemy.

That's not shrewd at all.

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THEY WON'T SUSPECT IT AGAIN!

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,535 posts
19,978 battles

Identify error.

Seek solution.

Implement solution.

Smoke firing for BBs in phase one on Aegis.

smokefire_1.png

smokefire_2.png

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,287 posts
8,786 battles
6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THEY WON'T SUSPECT IT AGAIN!

[NFB]
1,337 posts
14,495 battles
18 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Yes, most BB's have to sit BEHIND the smoke in that OP to benefit from it, something like 13km is not unusual detection range for BB in smoke.

Even some cruisers get spotted when they fire their guns and are close to the enemy ships.

I guess people don't know their detection ranges in smoke, and they don't know what that yellow symbol on their screen means. I got caught out a few times myself.

About you getting shot, it's 'community smoke' laid by the Mahan and you cannot expect from a BB to consider others :)

[CLAY]
2,838 posts
12,639 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Yes, most BB's have to sit BEHIND the smoke in that OP to benefit from it, something like 13km is not unusual detection range for BB in smoke.

Even some cruisers get spotted when they fire their guns and are close to the enemy ships.

I guess people don't know their detection ranges in smoke, and they don't know what that yellow symbol on their screen means. I got caught out a few times myself.

About you getting shot, it's 'community smoke' laid by the Mahan and you cannot expect from a BB to consider others 🙂

It never even occurs to me, when in a BB, to actually use the smoke. If I stay behind it, I will soon be detected by the reinforcements anyway, so I just expect to get shot.

[NFB]
1,337 posts
14,495 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

It never even occurs to me, when in a BB, to actually use the smoke. If I stay behind it, I will soon be detected by the reinforcements anyway, so I just expect to get shot.

When the enemy ships just come around the island, you can position your BB back, so the smoke is between you and the enemy ships. Maybe you can fire one or two salvos undetected after that enemy ships come around the smoke anyway.

As a bonus, being that far back means you have plenty of warning when the waves of torps come.

Well, when I switched from cruiser to BB, I noticed I was spotted in smoke. I wanted to check if I can still make use of the smoke, so I looked up the detection range when firing from smoke and moved back. I found you have to be behind the smoke to use it for concealment.

It is something you can do, I don’t say this is a recommended tactic. Sitting there stationary means when you are spotted, you are an easy target.

[TLS]
4,208 posts
20,361 battles

I don't bother with the smoke when playing BB. You need to push because staying there means that northern wave with set fires to you later and you will be out of position so often later on. As BB, you need to keep moving to get into the next position.

[CLAY]
2,838 posts
12,639 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

When the enemy ships just come around the island, you can position your BB back, so the smoke is between you and the enemy ships. Maybe you can fire one or two salvos undetected after that enemy ships come around the smoke anyway.

As a bonus, being that far back means you have plenty of warning when the waves of torps come.

Well, when I switched from cruiser to BB, I noticed I was spotted in smoke. I wanted to check if I can still make use of the smoke, so I looked up the detection range when firing from smoke and moved back. I found you have to be behind the smoke to use it for concealment.

It is something you can do, I don’t say this is a recommended tactic. Sitting there stationary means when you are spotted, you are an easy target.

I seldom stop in BB, usually try to keep 1/2 or 1/4. This means that it’s usually not a good idea to get in amount the stationary cruisers anyway.

And when it comes to a ship like the PEF. You kinda want to get closer so the secondaries can start working enemies over, and because accuracy isn’t great. Especially if you’re me.

[TLS]
4,208 posts
20,361 battles
43 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

And when it comes to a ship like the PEF. You kinda want to get closer so the secondaries can start working enemies over, and because accuracy isn’t great. Especially if you’re me.

Ah. The Prinz Everytimeiamon Fire. My crew keep on leaving kegs of alcohol on deck.

• Funny 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,535 posts
19,978 battles
7 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Ah. The Prinz Everytimeiamon Fire. My crew keep on leaving kegs of alcohol on deck.

:Smile_veryhappy:

@xamdam reckons his German gun crews are often on the Schnapps.

Either way, left on decks or imbibed by Deutschlander sailors - alcohol and Germans don't mix, mmm kay?

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,497 battles

I could be wrong, but it seems the Mahan is programmed to drop smoke as soon as the enemy is spotted.

So theoretically a CV could spot the enemy prematurely and cause the Mahan to smoke up early and therefore further away from the enemy.

Is it better to smoke up early or wait for later? Which do you guys prefer?

[TLS]
4,208 posts
20,361 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

I could be wrong, but it seems the Mahan is programmed to drop smoke as soon as the enemy is spotted.

So theoretically a CV could spot the enemy prematurely and cause the Mahan to smoke up early and therefore further away from the enemy.

Is it better to smoke up early or wait for later? Which do you guys prefer?

Does not matter as long as there is coordinated fire and the enemy DIES DIES DIES DIES.

[NFB]
1,337 posts
14,495 battles
20 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I don’t think that’s the case, smoke seems pretty much to sit at the same location, always.

Sometimes when you drive a fast DD, you can spot one of the enemy BB’s before it even goes behind the island.

What I don’t like is when a carrier attacks the enemy ships when still behind the islands, worst with torpedoes. I say that because that makes the enemy ships turn, which otherwise would have to continue straight ahead to eat torpedoes or get citadelled.

And then you get the CV’s that upset the enemy ships without doing substantial damage.