You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Marisp17

Soviet Tier 10 Battleship: Sovetsky Soyuz

21 comments in this topic

Super Tester
149 posts

Hello Forumers, 

There is no reason why wouldn't this ship be the most powerful ship ever designed by the Soviet Navy and we should expect this ship to be at the top of the Russian tech tree and if WG didn't and came out with other proposals than it would be unhistorical and the game become lost from reality, for example to what they did in WoT with the Waffentrager Auf E-100.

To give you more facts about this ship, It was designed to be like the Iowa and North Carolina Class of Modern Battleships carrying 9x 16 inch Main Battery guns. It would have been more powerful than the Bismarck and Italian Roma so to counter this the Kriegsmarine then came up with the H-Class Battleship design proposals. If WG proceeded to take the Historical path base on this suggestion then Sovetsky Soyuz would have been the weakest tier 10 Battleship in comparison to the A-150 Super Yamato, USS Montana, and H-44. Struggling already against the considerably tier 9 IJN Yamato. 

Link to the Design of this Ship:  http://www.navypedia.org/ships/russia/ru_bb_17.gif

Edited by Marisp17

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Hello Forumers, 

There is no reason why wouldn't this ship be the most powerful ship ever designed by the Soviet Navy and we should expect this ship to be at the top of the Russian tech tree and if WG didn't and came out with other proposals than it would be unhistorical and the game become lost from reality, for example to what they did in WoT with the Waffentrager Auf E-100.

To give you more facts about this ship, It was designed to be like the Iowa and North Carolina Class of Modern Battleships carrying 9x 16 inch Main Battery guns. It would have been more powerful than the Bismarck and Italian Roma so to counter this the Kriegsmarine then came up with the H-Class Battleship design proposals. If WG proceeded to take the Historical path base on this suggestion then Sovetsky Soyuz would have been the weakest tier 10 Battleship in comparison to the A-150 Super Yamato, USS Montana, and H-44. Struggling already against the considerably tier 9 IJN Yamato. 

Link to the Design of this Ship:  http://www.navypedia.org/ships/russia/ru_bb_17.gif

For some Brief Infomation:

Main Belt: 375~425mm / Deck armour: 152~102mm

Main Armament: 9 406mm L/50 guns(3x3), 12 152mm L/57 guns(2x6), 8 100 L/56 AA guns, 32 37mm AA guns

Speed: 29 knots

Interesting enough one of it's modification (Type 24) is also to be fitted with Anti-Ship missile, lets see if that get implemented. Also apparently there's a plan to use 457mm guns (18 Inch guns), would be cool to see those as well.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

its probably going to be like an IS-4 where it has two guns but in this, its gonna be its 16 inch guns as def set and 18 inch guns for its upgrade if does put in since I believe the RUdevs are currently raiding the shit out of their National Archives as is Japan in theirs alongside the US guys for moar bottlesheep designs hidden away.

but speaking of which, Yamato atm is the current "supreme flagship" in the IJN battleships and I'm expecting her little sister to be a reward ship.

Super Tester
149 posts

its probably going to be like an IS-4 where it has two guns but in this, its gonna be its 16 inch guns as def set and 18 inch guns for its upgrade if does put in since I believe the RUdevs are currently raiding the shit out of their National Archives as is Japan in theirs alongside the US guys for moar bottlesheep designs hidden away.

but speaking of which, Yamato atm is the current "supreme flagship" in the IJN battleships and I'm expecting her little sister to be a reward ship.

lol  A-150 is not a little sister she has 20 inch guns, way larger caliber than the Yamato's 18 inch. :)

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

WG never give out T10 unfortunately. I think a T7 ship would be more likely. Ship like the Atlanta would be appropriate.
Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
149 posts

Speaking of large caliber guns, the largest cannon ever used in combat is mounted on a Railway gun known as Schwerer Gustav, 31 inch Kannone of Fatherland!  

Super Tester
149 posts

WG never give out T10 unfortunately. I think a T7 ship would be more likely. Ship like the Atlanta would be appropriate.

Yes, WG did give out tier 10 vehicles as Clan War Rewards for example the Fail Lowe, Object 907, and M60 Patton in WoT. 
Edited by Marisp17

Super Tester
1,677 posts

lol  A-150 is not a little sister she has 20 inch guns, way larger caliber than the Yamato's 18 inch. :)

I meant Musashi tho.

and its not gonna be a surprise if Musashi's a reward ship for CW although I have absolutely no idea how that will work.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I meant Musashi tho.

and its not gonna be a surprise if Musashi's a reward ship for CW although I have absolutely no idea how that will work.

They are practically the same though, I don't see much point of featuring ships that are mostly identical.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Historically WG have used tier 5/6 vehicles as the player gifts...

So look lower down the tree than Atlanta, Kitikami etc for possibilities (and no I don't know at this stage either)

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Few Battleship come to mind

let's see

Conte di Cavour-class battleship (Soviet Battleship Novorossiysk)

Gangut-class battleship

Russian battleship Imperator Nikolai I 

Imperatritsa Mariya-class battleship

HMS Royal Sovereign (05) (Soviet Battleship Arkhangelsk)

Super Tester
149 posts

Historically WG have used tier 5/6 vehicles as the player gifts...

So look lower down the tree than Atlanta, Kitikami etc for possibilities (and no I don't know at this stage either)

IJN Kitakami might be our limited time pre order package like the mutant M6A2E1 in WoT.
Edited by Marisp17

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

IJN Kitakami might be our limited time pre order package like the mutant M6A2E1 in WoT.

Doubt it, it's already in the tree. I have a suspicion which ship will be the pre order.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Doubt it, it's already in the tree. I have a suspicion which ship will be the pre order.

I'd say, For example the HMS Repulse is a good one. Weaker armament than the Renown but still useful.

Or may be the Heavily Modified USS West Virginia(BB-48)(As a T8). It's much slower than the South Dakota and the North Carolina but still packed with big 16 inch guns with Great AA and secondary.

Edited by Alvin1020

191 posts
10,622 battles

Few Battleship come to mind

let's see

Conte di Cavour-class battleship (Soviet Battleship Novorossiysk)

Gangut-class battleship

Russian battleship Imperator Nikolai I 

Imperatritsa Mariya-class battleship

HMS Royal Sovereign (05) (Soviet Battleship Arkhangelsk)

Imperator Nikolai I is already a premium ship

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Imperator Nikolai I is already a premium ship

Please do look at the date the post was posted. That was posted before Imperator Nikolai was even in game.