Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Thought I'd Try A High-Tier DD On The Weekend...

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,269 posts
13,219 battles

It didn't go too badly.

5EqV09y.jpg

Spoiler

vIbh5cJ.jpg

What's all this fuss about CVs? They're not so tough!

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3

[CLAY]
2,829 posts
12,627 battles

You are one of the rare people who can adapt and deal with the new meta. Because we have to.

That or you lucked out and got potato CVs 😛

[BLESS]
1,234 posts
11,029 battles

I've been testing the waters with the IJN CA line, mid tier. Things have lightened up considerably since 0.8.3 hit. The new shiny Russian BBs have taken some of the pressure off the CV queue, and the CVs that remain seem to be a little more ... helpful shall we say?

shot-19_05.01_15_44.12-0253.thumb.jpg.b59a7abfb89f4c836ba47bf7faae1f17.jpg

Tonight will be the real test, as I plan to trial Zao for the first time since the rework.

• Cool 1

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,645 battles

You guys are to unorthodox for some people's liking :Smile_hiding:

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,645 battles
20 minutes ago, Schiffszerstorer said:

This one adapted to the meta real hard.

2ry6jyp.jpg

Kidd are pain in the aft, even for good CV captains.

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,284 posts
8,768 battles

Unraveler is OP.

Please nerf.

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles
3 hours ago, Schiffszerstorer said:

This one adapted to the meta real hard.

2ry6jyp.jpg

its a kid, she got nice AA also heal iirc.

[MRI]
3,599 posts
15,465 battles

No AA? No problem, as long as your team knows how to work with each other and push together.

shot-19_05.04_16_19.23-0282.thumb.jpg.3a87026b8a49e3ae35bd18eef04fb884.jpg

Too bad the brave North Carolina who led the push that routed the enemy got rewarded peanuts for their efforts (the third guy from bottom).

With crappy rewards like that, is it any wonder that players would rather play passively and selfishly WG? :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,234 posts
11,029 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

With crappy rewards like that, is it any wonder that players would rather play passively and selfishly WG? :Smile_sceptic:

By helping his team win he made more than anyone on the losing team. Just because he didn't top the leaderboard, or there are no specific points given for "leading a push", doesn't mean his rewards were bad.

Anyhow, my Zao report from this evening:

It's viable, just. In the role it is forced into when facing a strong carrier presence, however, i.e. long range HE spamming, it gets outclassed badly by Henry IV. Zao has lost a lot of game impact, and is not especially interesting to play. Put simply, trying anything interesting will get you killed.

[PIMPN]
33 posts
1,842 battles

Only 100k damage and you think you're special? And how much money are you blowing on containers to get all those flag boosters?

[ANZAC]
517 posts
18,500 battles
33 minutes ago, Pimpcat said:

Only 100k damage and you think you're special? And how much money are you blowing on containers to get all those flag boosters?

if you're smart you hoard the premium flags for bonus XP weekends. And 100k damage + 2 solo caps + 24 plane kills, yeah thats a pretty decent game. 4 thousand base XP is pretty bloody good in most peoples books.  If you think thats so average, how about you post one of your own results?

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
73 posts
9,282 battles
2 hours ago, Pimpcat said:

And what made you think you are special enough to say that to diss on a player sharing a positive experience? It's not the best game ever. But is it a good game? Yes ,it is.
image.png.3526b5be4a052cd33aca8d395d323ddd.png

• Cool 2

4,852 posts
8,859 battles
3 hours ago, Pimpcat said:

Less than 1000 matches and you think you're special? And how much money are you blowing on free xp to skip several ship tiers?

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,637 posts
7,739 battles

Classy.

[CLAY]
2,829 posts
12,627 battles

He probably has a lot of those boosters saved up.

And he’s not saying he’s great, he’s saying that it is still possible to do a good job on a DD I the current meta. Since a lot of people seem to think it’s the end days for DDs.

[PIMPN]
33 posts
1,842 battles
16 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Less than 1000 matches and you think you're special? And how much money are you blowing on free xp to skip several ship tiers?

Yeah, I got my stats by being a noob from the get go, this isn't my only account. And he's a fathom player trying to push a narrative forward that effects DD players negatively, there's nothing innocent about this players post. I seen it for what it really is and replied accordingly.

Sign in to follow this