Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shifty_Panzer

German BBs Dispersion

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

83
[KMS-A]
Member
379 posts
459 battles

The Germans are famous for having not so accurate gun for their battleships IN-GAME, debatable sure.

But does it help bad aimers like me? Because every battle I at least gets one citadel. 

 

Edit : I recently got back into playing WoWs, yes a returning noob. I was lucky in my first battle, first place, got 3 kills and 110k damage. :Smile_Default:

Edited by Shifty_Panzer
Edited so history nerds don't get confused between real life and in-game
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles
16 hours ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

The Germans are famous for having not so accurate gun for their battleships, debatable sure.

But does it help bad aimers like me? Because every battle I at least gets one citadel. 

 

Edit : I recently got back into playing WoWs, yes a returning noob. I was lucky in my first battle, first place, got 3 kills and 110k damage. :Smile_Default:

german bb accuracy are so atrocious. though sometimes a well aimed shot still get bless by rng.

though most of the time the rng are hair-pulling. also, stay away from IJN dive bombers and any torpedo bombers. they are too clumsy (despite being a brawler bb) so they eat all the bombs and torpedo drop in your general direction by aircraft.

stay close to cruiser like usn, and french for aa protection.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[IWN]
Member
88 posts
4,692 battles

I mainly play German BB's and I do feel that the inaccuracy of the guns helps me with hits because I couldn't aim for a stationary barn door.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles
26 minutes ago, Oriental_Empress said:

I mainly play German BB's and I do feel that the inaccuracy of the guns helps me with hits because I couldn't aim for a stationary barn door.

actually. there's a bug with stationary target. WG cant shoot stationary target even at point blank range. you have to aim little bit higher to actually hit them.

e.g: if you try to hit broadside stationary target, don't aim at water line, most shell will fall on water. aim bit higher.

not to mention auto target are bugged, its important to manually use x select target. also check mini map if targeted ship is highlighted, if not, its auto target bug.

wows has lots of bugs since beta that was not fix yet.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[KMS-A]
Member
379 posts
459 battles
1 hour ago, yansuki said:

german bb accuracy are so atrocious. though sometimes a well aimed shot still get bless by rng.

though most of the time the rng are hair-pulling. also, stay away from IJN dive bombers and any torpedo bombers. they are too clumsy (despite being a brawler bb) so they eat all the bombs and torpedo drop in your general direction by aircraft.

stay close to cruiser like usn, and french for aa protection.

I can agree, German BB are brawler but they're too big of a target, Großer kurfürst for example.

Thank you for the tips btw, i learn new things everyday in this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
401 posts
3,047 battles

I personally find KM BBs more enjoyable than the others. I'm currently grinding GK's main armaments upgrade. The grind has been going well so far, a bit frustrating at times due to its pathetic range of 20km which is not nearly enough when fighting campers and island huggers. But that shouldn't bother you much because you're not going to hit anything beyond 15km, cause it's not meant to.    On a side note, I landed a 64k damage on Yamato in a single salvo just four days ago but I think he might have been a potato, either that or my GK's guns are extremely powerful in under 10km.  :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles
4 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

I personally find KM BBs more enjoyable than the others. I'm currently grinding GK's main armaments upgrade. The grind has been going well so far, a bit frustrating at times due to its pathetic range of 20km which is not nearly enough when fighting campers and island huggers. But that shouldn't bother you much because you're not going to hit anything beyond 15km, cause it's not meant to.    On a side note, I landed a 64k damage on Yamato in a single salvo just four days ago but I think he might have been a potato, either that or my GK's guns are extremely powerful in under 10km.  :Smile_trollface:

just use stock guns. those larger caliber dont overmatch 30mm. also german guns benefit from faster reload. specially since they have crappy dispersion.  more S@#% you throw to wall, the better.

i havent got GK (i only got frederik) but i tried it on space battle. i even use meme secondary build, and i really like her. i got average 120k damage per game. really tanky and pack lots of punch.

Edited by yansuki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,613
Member
4,941 posts
8,860 battles
6 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

my GK's guns are extremely powerful in under 10km.

That is kinda the premise/trait of German ships though. The closer they are to the enemies, the more dangerous they get.

In theory, that is.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
401 posts
3,047 battles
2 minutes ago, yansuki said:

just use stock guns. those larger caliber dont overmatch 30mm. also german guns benefit from faster reload. specially since they have crappy dispersion.  more S@#% you throw to wall, the better.

I read that  GK's unique upgrade will increase the reloading time a bit even if you try to bring it down to 25 seconds.   Seems kinda pointless tbh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
737
[SMOKE]
Member
2,063 posts
16,310 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

That is kinda the premise/trait of German ships though. The closer they are to the enemies, the more dangerous they get.

In theory, that is.

well that is if you are close enough and its that part that's the challenge ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
401 posts
3,047 battles
5 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

well that is if you are close enough and its that part that's the challenge ..

Exactly! There's a 50/50 chance you might lose your ship by pushing though flanks but  the souls you reap will all be worth it in the end 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[PIMPN]
Member
33 posts
1,842 battles
On 5/4/2019 at 2:42 AM, Shifty_Panzer said:

The Germans are famous for having not so accurate gun for their battleships, debatable sure.

But does it help bad aimers like me? Because every battle I at least gets one citadel. 

 

Edit : I recently got back into playing WoWs, yes a returning noob. I was lucky in my first battle, first place, got 3 kills and 110k damage. :Smile_Default:

Inaccurate cannons? Tell that to the British flag ship HMS Hood which the Bismark blew out of the water plus numerous other accounts of extremely effective German made cannons destroying everything from planes, tanks and ships. The effectiveness you see in game is because this is a Russian game, they are incredibly biased when it comes to anything German. You only need to look at all the radar on the Russian ships in game. According to in game the Russian's built the best radar in the world during WW2 when in actual fact they didn't even know what radar was during WW2.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
741
[LBAS]
Member
4,936 posts
11,053 battles

They all researchable BB sigma were 1.8 except for Scharnhorst and Prinz Eitel Friedrich were 2.0 

AP so good velocity but cost disperse shots 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[LLBC]
Member
163 posts
5,905 battles

KMS main here, 

I don't really see any problems with the dispersion in general. Although sometimes it can be trollish and rob you some important plays in certain matches, but even with less accurate guns, you still have pretty good shell speed and volume of fire from main battery reload to compensate for bad aiming/shell grouping.

and sometimes that weird dispersion leads you to some lucky hits, in a sense it helps but don't depend on it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[KMS-A]
Member
379 posts
459 battles
On 5/8/2019 at 9:32 AM, Pimpcat said:

Inaccurate cannons? Tell that to the British flag ship HMS Hood which the Bismark blew out of the water plus numerous other accounts of extremely effective German made cannons destroying everything from planes, tanks and ships. The effectiveness you see in game is because this is a Russian game, they are incredibly biased when it comes to anything German. You only need to look at all the radar on the Russian ships in game. According to in game the Russian's built the best radar in the world during WW2 when in actual fact they didn't even know what radar was during WW2.

Ehem we are talking about WoWs and not history class

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,613
Member
4,941 posts
8,860 battles
4 minutes ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

Ehem we are talking about WoWs and not history class

Many people still actively avoid the fact that WoWS is not a naval simulator. It's sad.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×