You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drakken_Xero

What have gone wrong?

16 comments in this topic

22 posts
2,575 battles

Last night, I was playing as Tashkent. I did played well & got on 1st place in the team, even though lost. But I noticed I got demerit twice on my karma meter, for some strange reason.

First, I managed to torp'd Kitakaze while capping an area, got First Blood in the process. Then, I proceed to harass bigger ships. Until when I noticed an opening, I slipped through the opponent division & went out my way to hunt down their CVs myself, even requested for air support when necessary.

While on my way to hunt down CVs, on the chat, after when Sinop was sunk, they said "lol, [content removed] is gone". Then I replied "hardly... Sinop is far from being one".

As I managed to spot one CV, I dropped all my torps to deal a killing blow to Enterprise. Proceed to hunt down Kaga & the rest noticed my presence & trying to hunt me down as a way to distract. But just as I almost about to take out Kaga, the match was over & my team lost. Because my team hardly did anything much to push the team, while I can't bring myself to take unnecessary risks to just capture areas & harassing like an annoying gunbote. That's like sitting on my [edited] doing nothing at all.

Whatever their personal reasons were, I personally think the demerit I got was unwarranted regardless.

Did I somehow offended by my reply about Sinop? Or were they upset of me went out my way going Rambo to actually do something? Or were they being salty that I was there showing off while thinking that wasn't how Tashkent was supposed to be played as?

What do you think of this scenario? Thoughts?

[TLS]
232 posts
7,843 battles

i think you thinking too much my friend, the karma system in this game is not worth to even talk about and we shouldn't care when people report you.

Either they too salty for their lost or just troll you. If you got banned for unknow reason, send ticket to WG.

Don't over think too much because in the end, it's just a game.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,848 posts
12,682 battles

As far as I can see, you played well, and did what a USSR gunboat should do. Namely harass bigger ships.

While going after CVs is not a bad thing, In your shoes, if I noticed the team was losing on points and caps, I would have seen if there was anything I can do about it. If I had to guess, I’d say some people where annoyed that you went off after the CVs rather than try to cap. Ignoring that capping in a DD is difficult in the current meta, capping has never been USSR DDs strong point. But people still have expectations. I myself would have tried to support the team directly, and probably died in the process. It depends largely on whether you Though you could be more help elsewhere.

Some people just report you simply because you didn’t do what they thought you should. Or they just don’t like you, or they imagine something, or a leprechaun told them to. As much as I hate the karma system, because it’s basically people just saying “you’re bad” without giving a reason, And because I can’t seem to earn Karma as easily, even in the rare times when I win and top the scoreboard, there’s no definable pattern, it just peoples opinions of you.

Anyway, even though I hate the system, it’s something you just have to ignore. It doesn’t affect anything, and people in the forums are numb to it, and don’t see the point or getting worked up about it.

• Cool 1

351 posts
16,870 battles

I miss the game.. but as far as i read your situation.. u r the good player..care not for the karma..it doesnt do anything, and one day u will leave the game like me and those karma point wont follow u in the real life.  Have fun in the game..as once its not fun anymore.. say bye bye.

[LUOMU]
Super Tester_
1,421 posts
14,104 battles

Enemies can also deduct your karma. Some people are very sensitive, if you hit them too hard you get deducted. Also some people report VMF DDs on sight.

Anyway, the number is basically useless. All of its perks are within the karma system, and WG only react to a massive amount of reports. Ignore it, it's nothing, end of story.

[HKENL]
390 posts
13,607 battles
2 hours ago, Drakken_Xero said:

Last night, I was playing as Tashkent. I did played well & got on 1st place in the team, even though lost. But I noticed I got demerit twice on my karma meter, for some strange reason.

First, I managed to torp'd Kitakaze while capping an area, got First Blood in the process. Then, I proceed to harass bigger ships. Until when I noticed an opening, I slipped through the opponent division & went out my way to hunt down their CVs myself, even requested for air support when necessary.

While on my way to hunt down CVs, on the chat, after when Sinop was sunk, they said "lol, cancer is gone". Then I replied "hardly... Sinop is far from being one".

As I managed to spot one CV, I dropped all my torps to deal a killing blow to Enterprise. Proceed to hunt down Kaga & the rest noticed my presence & trying to hunt me down as a way to distract. But just as I almost about to take out Kaga, the match was over & my team lost. Because my team hardly did anything much to push the team, while I can't bring myself to take unnecessary risks to just capture areas & harassing like an annoying gunbote. That's like sitting on my [edited] doing nothing at all.

Whatever their personal reasons were, I personally think the demerit I got was unwarranted regardless.

Did I somehow offended by my reply about Sinop? Or were they upset of me went out my way going Rambo to actually do something? Or were they being salty that I was there showing off while thinking that wasn't how Tashkent was supposed to be played as?

What do you think of this scenario? Thoughts?

don't think too much, just play it

[AN-DO]
680 posts
9,989 battles

I've lost karma hard carrying a team, you're kind of left thinking "what more do you all want from me? I did my part, got you a win" etc. Ignore karma it means nothing. by the sound of it you had a great game and did what you were supposed to do, be happy with that :cap_like:

[ANZAC]
517 posts
18,555 battles

Karma is just WGs way of making you think they actually care about bots, chat abusers etc.

In medical terms, its one great big fat placebo.

Instead of the WG Placebo, may I suggest this?

[BLESS]
1,249 posts
11,152 battles

You'll occasionally lose a point here or there when you play well. Think of it as "collateral damage".

[CLAY]
2,848 posts
12,682 battles
2 hours ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Oh look, another Karma thread.....

tenor.gif?itemid=5056037

Oh look, it’s another “I’ve seen all this before so instead of offering useful advice I’m going to laugh at you for daring to bring up the topic again even though you probably don’t know better” comment.

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,991 posts
24 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Oh look, it’s another “I’ve seen all this before so instead of offering useful advice I’m going to laugh at you for daring to bring up the topic again even though you probably don’t know better” comment.

tenor.gif?itemid=13221770

22 posts
2,575 battles
23 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

As far as I can see, you played well, and did what a USSR gunboat should do. Namely harass bigger ships.

While going after CVs is not a bad thing, In your shoes, if I noticed the team was losing on points and caps, I would have seen if there was anything I can do about it. If I had to guess, I’d say some people where annoyed that you went off after the CVs rather than try to cap. Ignoring that capping in a DD is difficult in the current meta, capping has never been USSR DDs strong point. But people still have expectations. I myself would have tried to support the team directly, and probably died in the process. It depends largely on whether you Though you could be more help elsewhere.

Some people just report you simply because you didn’t do what they thought you should. Or they just don’t like you, or they imagine something, or a leprechaun told them to. As much as I hate the karma system, because it’s basically people just saying “you’re bad” without giving a reason, And because I can’t seem to earn Karma as easily, even in the rare times when I win and top the scoreboard, there’s no definable pattern, it just peoples opinions of you.

Anyway, even though I hate the system, it’s something you just have to ignore. It doesn’t affect anything, and people in the forums are numb to it, and don’t see the point or getting worked up about it.

The thing is, the situation in mid-game was that I would get outnumbered & outgunned on other two cap points & I had Repair Party instead of smoke, which was why I couldn't take a huge risk anymore. For that, I decided to go out my way to hunt down their CVs myself, their planes were damn annoying. Thinking that taking out one of them would have taken care half of the obstacles for the others.

As a destroyer leader (DL), beside being a skirmisher & harasser, I also thought of experimenting the viability of high tier CV hunting with DLs like Minsk, Kiev, Tashkent & Khabarovsk, by delivering a killing blow with a salvo of torps in a sneak attack by any chance. Although I'm aware such a chance to make that happen is somehow uncommon, but it seems to me that it still works & feasible. Though by doing that, I think it would be better if accompany one or two more DLs to form a vanguard recon division & a demolition strike force in destroying priority target such as CV hunting.

Well don't mind me, cause I'm a kind of a guy who likes to try out new ideas to make full use of their remaining potentials in a few more aspects that should be exploited. In fact, from my understanding, a DL is a compromise in between DD & CL. And so, I'm thinking of working around with their challenges faced & come up with ideas of how to get through them.

Thanks, anyways.

22 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Enemies can also deduct your karma. Some people are very sensitive, if you hit them too hard you get deducted. Also some people report VMF DDs on sight.

Anyway, the number is basically useless. All of its perks are within the karma system, and WG only react to a massive amount of reports. Ignore it, it's nothing, end of story.

Ouch... I guess there are people still easily get triggered about anything related to Khaba. Even though I played as a lowly Tashkent. :fish_boom:

You know. I think those people would change their opinions a bit when the French DLs are coming into the game soon.

17 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

I've lost karma hard carrying a team, you're kind of left thinking "what more do you all want from me? I did my part, got you a win" etc. Ignore karma it means nothing. by the sound of it you had a great game and did what you were supposed to do, be happy with that :cap_like:

Indeed I did there, despite the loss.

Cheers :Smile_Default:

[MRI]
3,621 posts
15,546 battles

The thing is you can't tell who did the reporting, so it could have easily been a salty enemy doing the reporting.