You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
vardald

A few suggestions

Suggestions  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should ships only have a limited number of torpedos?

• Yes, the number of torpedos carried should be limited
    • No, ships should have an unlimited number of torpedos
    • Unsure
  2. 2. Should they introduce a trajectory line for main guns?

• Yes, I think it's a good idea
    • No, I don't think it's a good idea
    • Unsure

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3 posts
70 battles

Hi all,

This is my first time posting, but as this is the beta test I have a few ideas that I thought I'd see what people thought of.

One of the big problems that I've seen is torpedo spam, even when there's nothing spotted or in torpedo range.  This is really annoying when your own teammates launch torpedos with no regard for the rest of their team.  One idea I had was to put a limit on the number of torpedos carried.  This at least might make people think twice before launching torpedos at nothing as they could then run out when they need them.  This would of course need to be tested for balance, and each ship would probably carry a different amount.

On a different topic, another idea that I had was to implement an aiming line, similar to the artillery trajectory line in WOT, to the main guns of ships.  this would make it easier to tell if your shots were going to hit an island, or even another teammate, as currently it can sometimes be tricky to tell if all of your turrets have a clear shot, particularly on larger ships.  The line could possibly be colour-coded - for example, green means that the shell definitely won't hit anything, yellow means that there is a possibility depending upon dispersion and red means the shot is blocked.

Thanks for taking the time to read this - it seemed shorter in my head.  Let me know what you think of these ideas, and maybe any changes you would make to them.

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

your second suggestion I approve....

the first one? gawd....not an another "torps OP" rant again....

:honoring:

Beta Tester
3 posts
70 battles

your second suggestion I approve....

the first one? gawd....not an another "torps OP" rant again....

I'm not saying that torps are OP, I just think something should be done to stop your team filling the water with torpedos for no reason, causing trouble for the team.

It seems to be fairly common that people launch torpedos at nothing.  They shoot at nothing to, but that's not as much as a problem as the shells don't hang around; although limiting ammo could be an idea as well.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I'm not saying that torps are OP, I just think something should be done to stop your team filling the water with torpedos for no reason, causing trouble for the team.

Remember that all the TK and damage cost systems are not implemented yet. Once they start getting fined for team damage, then the torps will stop.

Beta Tester
3 posts
70 battles

Remember that all the TK and damage cost systems are not implemented yet. Once they start getting fined for team damage, then the torps will stop.

Maybe it will.  It was just an idea I had bouncing around in my head.  I suppose it would only prevent people who thought about what they were doing anyway, and if they're thinking they're probably not spamming torpedos.

As an added question, is there any reason that I keep getting logged out every time I go to a different page, or should I just try a different browser (currently using IE).

Thanks

Edited by vardald

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

It seems to be fairly common that people launch torpedos at nothing.  They shoot at nothing to, but that's not as much as a problem as the shells don't hang around; although limiting ammo could be an idea as well.

Hmm....well I am not saying that you said that torps are OP lel....its just that this will become an another thread with people replying about how torps OP because they will try to connect your problem with their stupidity.........

anyways.......if your team fills the water with torps, it could be:

1. IJN has "Long Lance" torps (I spam my Myokou upgraded torps on the start of the battle into a specific part of the map where I know someone always passes over there)

2. Them players are on "tunnel vision" not knowing that they have an ally beside them that could eat the full salvo of torps they released....

3. They are .....those "meh" players......those who just say, "I'll just spam torps for kicks, if I hit someone, an enemy, good...if an ally, sorreh....but no sorry"

but yeah as what leng said, if the fines for team damage/team kill comes, everyone will be more conscious from then on....

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Torpedoes are not unlimited though.

We just don't have access to the repairs, armaments & consumables interface to limit number of torpedoes & shells being carried.

So for now, it's automatically filled up our ship's inventory as full & repaired after battle.

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Torpedoes are not unlimited though.

We just don't have access to the repairs, armaments & consumables interface to limit number of torpedoes & shells being carried.

So for now, it's automatically filled up our ship's inventory as full & repaired after battle.

It's not even confirmed that ammunitions are limited.

But yes, you do have to pay resupply cost for the shells and torpedoes launched. In addition to that, reload time on higher tier torpedoes are so long you can't really spam them like lower tiers. 

Coupled those 2 things, and the release economy (which should be considerably lower than right now), it should prevent torp spam atleast for the higher tiers. Unless it is Kitakami...but who would buy that ship?