Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Iskandur

Too many carriers!

119 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
26 posts
1,535 battles

In my opinion, 2 carrier per-side games are simply -not fun-. So many planes in the air makes destroyer "gameplay" atrocious, wave after wave of planes combined with radars on too many ships means that you will be spotted nearly the entire game. Screening and spotting like a destroyer should do just gets you spotted first, you as a destroyer won't be spotting much, your carrier will, getting spotted just puts you on gtfo defense right from the start of the match. Cruisers also have to contend with being spotted most of the time so the core cruiser mechanic of holding fire under stealth until the right moment just doesn't much happen any more. In both cases, concealment rating of the ship becomes an almost useless statistic. Battleships cannot effectively use their guns with so many torpedo drops forcing them to weave around to avoid torpedoes. Yes, they are fairly easy to dodge but playing dodge the torpedoes is probably anyone's idea of what makes a battleship fun to play. Playing in 2 + 2 carrier games is like sitting in a tent full of mosquitoes, it's just not a fun thing to do.

Contrast that with no carrier games. With only other ships, a few spotter planes and a few radars around, concealment is crucial. Careful tactical maneuvering with varying spotting ranges defined by modules and skills makes battles far better and more interesting for EVERY SHIP TYPE that is not a carrier. One carrier per side limits the too often spotted/dropped chaos and allows some concealment play but I still prefer NO CARRIER matches.

So how do other players feel? Do carriers make the game more fun and interesting for you?

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
311
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles

blah blah blah blah another 3214829357892530475938705938757 topic about CV make you jobless or not fun.

Poor you, I enjoy your misery.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,191
[CLAY]
Member
2,847 posts
12,661 battles

Didn’t we discuss this somewhere else?

Play T10 only, limited to 1 CV per side.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
26 posts
1,535 battles
17 minutes ago, spixys said:

blah blah blah blah another 3214829357892530475938705938757 topic about CV make you jobless or not fun.

Poor you, I enjoy your misery.

 

Really? Post number 3214829357892530475938705938757?

Perhaps that indicates that there is some kind of actual issue here.

I'm not a forum warrior, I came here to vent after some 4x carrier games made me log off, even when my team wins, IT'S NOT FUN.

I hope you're okay with me posting, deal with it if not.

Edited by Iskandur
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[ULAG]
Member
909 posts
10,099 battles

T8 is filled with broken premium CVs...better save yourself and play T10 instead.

Also, why not try out CVs in the meantime? You will be able to learn their strengths and weaknesses and will be able to perform better overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[ULAG]
Member
909 posts
10,099 battles
2 minutes ago, Iskandur said:

Really? Post number 3214829357892530475938705938757?

Perhaps that indicates that there is some kind of actual issue here.

I'm not a forum warrior, I came here to vent after some 4x carrier games made me log off, even when my team wins, IT'S NOT FUN.

I hope you're okay with me posting, deal with it if not.

It is actually a good practice to use the search function for similar threads and join discussions in existing threads(unless they are too old).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
26 posts
1,535 battles
3 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

It is actually a good practice to use the search function for similar threads and join discussions in existing threads(unless they are too old).

I don't read these forums. I came here specifically to vent about CV's wrecking the enjoyment of the game for me. Think of it as a data point, that's what I use the forum for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[AN-DO]
Member
680 posts
9,978 battles
12 minutes ago, Iskandur said:

I don't read these forums. I came here specifically to vent about CV's wrecking the enjoyment of the game for me. Think of it as a data point, that's what I use the forum for.

well, the search function means you don't have to read the forums. The fact you come to the forums simply to vent and don't even bother trying to search for a similar thread isn't going to endear you to anybody. If you actually came to learn and discuss things then it might be different. As it is there are a lot of posts recently about CVs, and a lot of them are people posting for the first time and just posting a rant. There are actual threads here where people have proposed potential solutions, something that is far more constructive and helpful. Nobody here wants to be an audience for a rant, so don't be surprised if you encounter hostility.

Here's a thread actually looking to discuss the carriers and offer potential improvements, maybe you should have a read:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,937
[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,645 posts
7,803 battles

@Iskandur This may give you an idea of why people are sick of new CV threads.

Spoiler

36 other threads that say the same as those below...

 

 

 

 

Ralph, next time can you use spoilers option for ease of reading please?

~Beaufighter

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
26 posts
1,535 battles

@Iskandur This may give you an idea of why people are sick of new CV threads.

Okay, fair enough, it does look like too many threads. The thing is, I wanted to give my feedback to WG after a couple of matches of 4x carriers. I didn't want to play with the forum search function. I didn't come here to read stuff for an hour. I simply wanted to give my feedback on how un-fun my rare matches have been lately. Maybe that is not allowed, I don't really know. Sorry for posting I guess.
 
If my post can be deleted, please do so. I'll go play something else as warships is not fun for me lately. I can log in in a month or so to check whether 40 CV's are queued and decide then whether to play or not.
 
Ps. just checked the SEA server random queue: 20 3 4 3
 
So carriers queued right now are twice the other 3 ship types combined.
 
Yes, time to play something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[IWN]
Member
88 posts
4,692 battles
24 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Be glad CVs are capped by 2 (3 on T4). Back then 5+ DDs were very common, and you can say how exciting it was to play BB. Nothing new here, move on.

Are they? Just last night had a match with 3 CV's on T7-9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,937
[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,645 posts
7,803 battles

Come back when the RUBB's are released.   Maybe that will be the flavour of the month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,293
[FORCE]
Member
2,479 posts
12,348 battles
20 minutes ago, Oriental_Empress said:

Are they? Just last night had a match with 3 CV's on T7-9.

Maybe the queue time was long. Or there were not enough surface ships in queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
26 posts
1,535 battles

"Maybe the queue time was long. Or there were not enough surface ships in queue."

@ about 2:30pm ICT (30 minutes ago) the queue was:

20 CV, 10 all other types combined

On Saturday evening I saw a queue that was 56 CV and less than 10 of each other type. I logged off. I would like to check the queue but I don't want to accidentally get dumped into a match. That's how I feel about the game in the current state.

Edited by Iskandur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,033
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,349 posts
11,171 battles
34 minutes ago, Iskandur said:

20 CV, 10 all other types combined

On Saturday evening I saw a queue that was 56 CV and less than 10 of each other type. I logged off. I would like to check the queue but I don't want to accidentally get dumped into a match. That's how I feel about the game in the current state.

The queue is more to do with the MM limitations than the number of players queuing.  The reason there are so many CV's in queue is because they are limited to 2 per team, or 1 per team at T10.  Meanwhile BB's can have 5 per team, DD's 4 per team, while cruisers aren't limited at all.  So the queue is not actually a reflection of the number of players queuing in each class, more the number over the caps that WG have put in place. 

I can assure you that if you could have 4 CV's per team (the next lowest class limit) there would be very few in the queue.  Given what people think of having lots of CV's in their games though, there might be some angst however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,863
[TLS]
Member
4,251 posts
20,391 battles
2 hours ago, spixys said:

blah blah blah blah another 3214829357892530475938705938757 topic about CV make you jobless or not fun.

Poor you, I enjoy your misery.

 

I must definitely give you a smiley cookie to negate the negative one. Frankly, people should just trawl the forums and just read the existing threads.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,613
Member
4,941 posts
8,860 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Come back when the RUBB's are released.   Maybe that will be the flavour of the month.

Then I will probably be the one who posts 9999 threads whining about BBs. Or just annoy the living heck outta them with my cruisers and DDs, or WITH OTHER BBs:cap_haloween:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,863
[TLS]
Member
4,251 posts
20,391 battles

and fffffffffff that wall of ralph. Can a moderator pin that wall of links up so that at least people can go read first instead of commenting.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
26 posts
1,535 battles
7 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

The queue is more to do with the MM limitations than the number of players queuing.  The reason there are so many CV's in queue is because they are limited to 2 per team, or 1 per team at T10.  Meanwhile BB's can have 5 per team, DD's 4 per team, while cruisers aren't limited at all.  So the queue is not actually a reflection of the number of players queuing in each class, more the number over the caps that WG have put in place. 

I can assure you that if you could have 4 CV's per team (the next lowest class limit) there would be very few in the queue.  Given what people think of having lots of CV's in their games though, there might be some angst however.

I take queue to be: players that have pressed the battle button but have not yet been assigned to a match. So if the carriers queued stack up, well, your match is likely to have its max carrier limit filled. I prefer zero carriers but I can tolerate 1 carrier because at least there is some chance to play with concealment. I only have 1 T10 ship, so most of my necessarily mid-tier matches are 2+2 and not much fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,863
[TLS]
Member
4,251 posts
20,391 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Then I will probably be the one who posts 9999 threads whining about BBs. Or just annoy the living heck outta them with my cruisers and DDs, or WITH OTHER BBs:cap_haloween:

And I will be there to support your whining just for the lols. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,613
Member
4,941 posts
8,860 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

And I will be there to support your whining just for the lols. 😛

I probably won't because THAT IS A WASTE OF TIME!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
737
[SMOKE]
Member
2,063 posts
16,310 battles

Well 2 CV is IMHO still OK, 3 or 4 is too many .. but then if WG introduce new element like the rework CV the they had to revise the game to balance all and the matte is that they do not so the end up with all the complain ... and I again would say its not just the DD, but all surface ships too. DD is unfairly penalized for excess lost of their capacity and capability to perform ( they are not given new role and new reward, they are forced to stay far out of range to gain AA protection from teammate but they are not allow the gun and torp range to perform , and then they are not give the proper working AA across all tier and all ships ) .. surface ship limitation should also be revised accordingly if the game limit the number of DD, then the number of Radar + Cv ( spotting counter play ) must also be limited when the current is combined they are not ( endless plane supply mean endless spotting counter play for all surface ships ) ...

In the end , CV is never the actual issue, the issue is that the rework CV brings about all those changes without giving proper counter play and revise the surface ships ( especially DD and CL ) to had them still able and ability to play when they are now needing to stay OUT OF RANGE and NEVER CONCEALED

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
311
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
2 時間前、dejiko_nyo の発言:

I must definitely give you a smiley cookie to negate the negative one. Frankly, people should just trawl the forums and just read the existing threads.

Well both sides had done enough debate, argue, point to point criticism, 5 trillion words essay of empty content, and almost to the stage of calling each other's name, yet no conclusion, and no reconciliation what-so-ever.

And if this argument is happening in a parliament ever, the next thing will happen is questioning each other's brain, greeting each others' 9th generations from past, present and future, and finally real life Smash Bros grand brawling.

Well for kinds like me it is: :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,184
[MRI]
Member
3,615 posts
15,541 battles
6 minutes ago, spixys said:

Well both sides had done enough debate, argue, point to point criticism, 5 trillion words essay of empty content, and almost to the stage of calling each other's name, yet no conclusion, and no reconciliation what-so-ever.

Well, that happens when extremists on one side have more or less arrived at a pre-conceived conclusion and won't entertain any discourse that doesn't accept said conclusion, and will accept nothing less than the complete and utter removal of an entire class of ship. Sad thing is those extremists are the most vocal of the lot, and will shout down the more moderate and reasonable people from both sides. Add to that there is now a pushback against those extremists because people are simply tired of all that vocal screeching, then you get a shitshow like now.

On the bright side, amongst all that outrage, there has been some common ground both sides agree on. For example, 3 CVs per side need to go, AA varies too much between tiers, fighters need a buff and the skillgap has increased for other classes especially DDs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×