Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XxxGr1ffinxxX

HELP ME FROM BEING SO TRAAAASH

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
107 posts
3,077 battles

I need some major help with my gameplay. Seriously go check out my stats

 

I reckon its because of my poor map awareness and positioning, and also not knowing playstyles

 

Thanks for reading :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
305 posts
370 battles

Try CV, easy just hide your ship and attacking people everywhere. 

 

When you try CV, you will learn the movement of everyone since you are above the sky. 

 

Trust me, i am used to be noob German CA player. Almost rage quit but try CV for the last ditch. After playing CV my map awareness is increase, i also able to tell the island height. Also learn how to avoid CV attack when i am on surface sheep.

 

Its funny how playing CV increase your tactic and strategy sense when playing other Class especially DD.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[ULAG]
Member
909 posts
10,099 battles

To OP, there are plenty of Video guides online that explain how to get better. You may want to look up those.

30 minutes ago, Akyamarukh said:

Try CV, easy just hide your ship and attacking people everywhere. 

It is always amuzing to see people with limited experience with high tier CV play comment as CVs being "easy". If it was so easy then why have you not become a Unicum CV player yet, Mr. Sharkbait?:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
305 posts
370 battles
1 hour ago, _TAMAL_ said:

To OP, there are plenty of Video guides online that explain how to get better. You may want to look up those.

It is always amuzing to see people with limited experience with high tier CV play comment as CVs being "easy". If it was so easy then why have you not become a Unicum CV player yet, Mr. Sharkbait?:Smile_trollface:

WG take away my Hakuryu after 3 battles..... And its still gone from my port. Isnt you read my thread about "give me back my Hakuryu"

 

Unless WG give me back my Hakuryu, i cannt play CV. Its not like i don't play CV, MY CV gone and bugged. 

 

So now i am just waiting for Mogador Arrive at the port.

 

Also playing CV is truly easy, but mastering it is another matter. Basically, you are Untouchable when playing CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[ULAG]
Member
909 posts
10,099 battles
1 minute ago, Akyamarukh said:

WG take away my Hakuryu after 3 battles..... And its still gone from my port. Isnt you read my thread about "give me back my Hakuryu"

 

Unless WG give me back my Hakuryu, i cannt play CV. Its not like i don't play CV, MY CV gone and bugged. 

 

So now i am just waiting for Mogador Arrive at the port.

 

Also playing CV is truly easy, but mastering it is another matter. Basically, you are Untouchable when playing CV.

They took your CV? Wut do u mean?:cap_wander:

Tried submitting a ticket?

Edited by _TAMAL_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,281
[FORCE]
Member
2,465 posts
12,337 battles
1 minute ago, Akyamarukh said:

Also playing CV is truly easy, but mastering it is another matter. Basically, you are Untouchable when playing CV.

Same goes for playing IJN DDs, just press 3 and click especially Asashio with the stupid concealment. Or Harugumo, just hold the left click for 20 mins and watch most incoming shells miss or hit but overpen/pen but no dmg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,281
[FORCE]
Member
2,465 posts
12,337 battles

To OP, try to get Incoming Fire Alert instead of Priority Target for your cruiser captains. It helps against the incoming salvos, especially those that come from your blindspots. And equip Steering Gears Mod 2 on all ships except destroyers (and carriers, they can't by default anyways).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
Member
113 posts
4,966 battles

from your stat you are not trash mate
but you need to get out T7 fast as possible
at
T5-6 we will get how to yolo, race killing contest everything are not logical here 
T7 is nightmare when you are not TOP tier  because T7 and T8 ship has huge performance different due upgrade slot 

T8-9 real WOWS start at this tier
T10 may worse than T8-9 because many player convert XP to get T10

and suggest you focus on 1 tech line
you will lag silver when buy higher tier ship if you are not focus only 1 line

join all event, campaign, mission if possible that help you so much

join a clan that speak same language with you is also help 

 

Edited by RX83
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
305 posts
370 battles
1 hour ago, _TAMAL_ said:

They took your CV? Wut do u mean?:cap_wander:

Tried submitting a ticket?

I try to sell Hakuryu from Arsenal. Thinking about the XP still remain..... and bought Midway......But HELL only getting credit back and the entire IJN CV line IS RESETTED. There is no Free XP and the XP of the Research IS GONE TOO!

 

Damn it i don't want to re-farm from Hosho to get Hakuryu..... Grinding XP is fine, but the credits price is really high for CV.

 

Now if i want to grind something, it Must be Mogador.

 

50 minutes ago, RX83 said:

from your stat you are not trash mate
but you need to get out T7 fast as possible
at
T5-6 we will get how to yolo, race killing contest everything are not logical here 
T7 is nightmare when you are not TOP tier  because T7 and T8 ship has huge performance different due upgrade slot 

T8-9 real WOWS start at this tier
T10 may worse than T8-9 because many player convert XP to get T10

and suggest you focus on 1 tech line
you will lag silver when buy higher tier ship if you are not focus only 1 line

join all event, campaign, mission if possible that help you so much

join a clan that speak same language with you is also help 

 

T8 is even more Hell, T10 will rekt you! Better to keep at T7....

 

1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

To OP, try to get Incoming Fire Alert instead of Priority Target for your cruiser captains. It helps against the incoming salvos, especially those that come from your blindspots. And equip Steering Gears Mod 2 on all ships except destroyers (and carriers, they can't by default anyways).

Priority target is must, when you see 2 or more 3 aim at you.... Its time to hide. Incoming fire alert usually cannt save your from being hit from multiple angle.... Trust me because i already do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
64 posts
1,322 battles

  Akyamarukh said    "When you try CV, you will learn the movement of everyone since you are above the sky."

is above the sky OUTASPACE ?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,000
[OAKUM]
Member
2,115 posts
16,283 battles

@XxxGr1ffinxxX your're not @icy_phoenix ...  ???   

i thought you were there for a second, as you are using his avatar.....   confusing   :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,406
[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,287 posts
8,786 battles
35 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

@XxxGr1ffinxxX your're not @icy_phoenix ...  ???   

i thought you were there for a second, as you are using his avatar.....   confusing   :Smile_teethhappy:

The first thing I thought of was 'It's using Icys' piccy that is giving him crap luck.'

Like renaming a boat, it's bad luck to use someone elses' avatar.

Edited by AntifoulAwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[ULAG]
Member
909 posts
10,099 battles
1 hour ago, Akyamarukh said:

I try to sell Hakuryu from Arsenal. Thinking about the XP still remain..... and bought Midway......But HELL only getting credit back and the entire IJN CV line IS RESETTED. There is no Free XP and the XP of the Research IS GONE TOO!

Did you do it after 0.8? Because it was mentioned in patch that free xp will only be granted for CVs that were researched prior to 0.8... did you manage to get Midway tho?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
581 posts
1,666 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

@XxxGr1ffinxxX your're not @icy_phoenix ...  ???   

i thought you were there for a second, as you are using his avatar.....   confusing   :Smile_teethhappy:

Just notice that, haven't seen icy for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,252
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,597 posts
26,586 battles
30 minutes ago, tsuenwan said:

Just notice that, haven't seen icy for a while.

long AFKed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
222
[SLAVA]
Member
429 posts
7,235 battles
5 hours ago, XxxGr1ffinxxX said:

I need some major help with my gameplay. Seriously go check out my stats

 

I reckon its because of my poor map awareness and positioning, and also not knowing playstyles

 

Thanks for reading 🙂

Welcome to the forums.

First of all, the very fact you came here and asked for help when much of the playerbase is doing terribly makes me respectful of you. When I started this game 3 years ago I was... as bad or even worse than you. My win rate at 300 games bottomed out at 44% and while I don't have a WoWs-number PR estimate I do know my warships.today WTR rating was around 700 (BAD!).

Now saying "seriously go check my stats" is really a good course of action IMO, because that's basically what I did to climb to my current performance levels (which I consider fairly good, though far from unicum), as well as seeking help from others in the community. Statistics give vital clues on the mistakes and strengths of a player.

World of Warships is a complex game. I think some posters here have derailed this thread quite a lot and I don't agree with everything they said. So I'll try offer all the basic help I can give. Feel free to message my profile directly for further details or even talk to me in-game if the opportunity arises.

How to be good at World of Warships.
I consider there to be two skillsets of the game. Mechanical knowledge is your understanding of raw values and game mechanics, like armor angling, aim, and knowing characteristics of your ship. Practice and theory will get this settled for you. Game sense is less tangible. That covers things that cannot be explained in a straightforward manner, like how to play around your maps, how to position, when to engage what targets, how a game flows etc.

For the sake of my investigation I'll give an objective look at your most played ship of your most played class as a start according to asia.wows-numbers.com. Your Myoko will be my first focus since it's a pretty middle-of-the-pack Tier 7 heavy cruiser and the IJN CAs are generally a good fundamental line. Once again, if you want to get into contact with me for better details, you can.

Assessing a ship.
Ships in this game all handle differently. The IJN CA line is straightforward almost the way, but other lines like for example French BBs may change orientation partway through. Pretty extensive knowledge of a vessel is good to have. Different nations and lines even of the same class may have different roles and playstyles too.

Myoko is fast, with a good rudder when upgraded. It has a heavy broadside of 10 8" guns with average ballistics but good accuracy and heavy hitting HE shells with better average and fire chance than much of her counterparts, quite normal for an IJN cruiser. Her concealment is not excellent (other IJN CAs have better concealment relative to her counterparts), and though quite tanky when angled the large citadel and poor turret angles mean when all your guns are firing or whenever else you have to turn and expose your side to the enemy, you're vulnerable to a painful quick deletion from heavy enemy armor piercing shells. Thus, the ship's job? Staying alive and healthy for as long as possible, laying down damage as long as possible to provide a damage contribution against important targets to hopefully win.

So on looking at your Myoko performance, your gunnery accuracy is alright. Average. In the mechanical sense of aiming, you might be ok, but it could be better. However, I realize your damage caused is low, maybe 10000 less than it needs to be in order to pull your HP worth of weight. I also note you're not killing many enemies per game. I believe a key can be found in your survival rate. 30/130 games survived is extremely low. 

This can mean several things. One is that you're too aggressive, too far forward in a ship. You get focused by many enemies and go to the bottom. To solve this, you must learn to be more map aware, to be "second line" with the rest of your team and to move with them correctly. Second, you might be being in position with your team but getting deleted or losing massive health by say... battleship salvoes that catch you in the citadel. This would be more a mechanical issue and you would need to learn how to manuver, bait enemy fire and kite when necessary.

Complex, isn't it?

If you can understand me at this moment (when I say angle, kite, citadel etc.) , your understanding of the game is somewhat solid. If not, maybe I'd like to talk to you directly on mechanical knowledge. Admittedly, it's tough for me to assess you as well from the given information. If I could see a replay of your average game in a ship, the clues will be much clearer.

I hope you can get back to me.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
331
[-ISO-]
Member
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
6 hours ago, tsuenwan said:

Just notice that, haven't seen icy for a while.

Yeah me too. He's not in the forum since the CV rework or even involved in one of CV threads. Is he quitting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[ZA]
[ZA]
Member
466 posts
10,645 battles
2 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Yeah me too. He's not in the forum since the CV rework or even involved in one of CV threads. Is he quitting?

I think so, last time I div with him was around Christmas. 

He was busy with work and stuffs and never heard from him since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
77 posts
5,068 battles

well
just playing normally u will get more experience soon
at least u still can comunicate with your team mates is enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,281
[FORCE]
Member
2,465 posts
12,337 battles
18 hours ago, Akyamarukh said:

Priority target is must, when you see 2 or more 3 aim at you.... Its time to hide. Incoming fire alert usually cannt save your from being hit from multiple angle.... Trust me because i already do it.

Tell that to Henri IV players that always know when BBs shoot at them even from the other flank.  I use it on Myoko, Algerie, Hindenburg, Edinburgh (radar), Salem, and Seattle; and none of them ever get dev strike from a sniping BB despite their "easy to eat citadel" gimmick. And I speak as a cruiser main here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×