Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Akyamarukh

[analysis] Kleber = Khabarovsk MK2, the French bias

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
288 posts
368 battles

 

Why WG naming T10 French DD as Kleber? The name is not cool and sound weird,.... Klebeeeeerr ....kleeeeeberr. compared to Mogador that sound menacing. MOGADOOOR!!! 

KBR ? Is that Khabarovsk or Kleber?

Both have K,B,R.... Remind you of KGB? Except there is R and its obviously mean Russian. There must be some conspiracy between French and Russia that we don't know about.

 

Just look at their Cruiser line, both is long range spammer. And at T10 both moskva and Henry4 have gun above 210mm. The difference is, Henry4 gun is bigger and the ship is faster.... But have better concealment.

 

Look NOW at Kleber ! Bigger Gun, Faster, and better concealment than Khabarovsk. Also better torpedo.... The difference is, Kleber lack of defensive feature unlike Khabarovsk. It don't have 50mm armor and no heal....

 

Kleber have Maximum range beyond 15km and have 10sec-12sec travel time... Making long range spam really feasible option againts Battleship. Its torpedo and concealment is really decent to do invis-torping. And with reload booster, it can melt another DD fast. Don't forget about 4x3 fast torpedo speed and its reload, it can spam torpedo to the cap all day....

 

This $hip is the ultimate Battledestroyer (BD), have all offensive feature. almost brokenly OP! Give repair party buff and it will become the most powerfull surface sheep!!

 

Its like Khabarovsk before nerf, this ship alone can destroy the entire enemy team!

 

Just current footage of Kleber in action:

 

 

 

 

Okay let's summary the feature of Kleber :

1. As Torpedo Boat

Fast torpedo speed, decent range and fast reload time. Also have decent concealment that making invis-torping all day become feasible. The torpedo is very spammable and the spread is thight, with 4x random launch, making prediction of the torpedo really hard. As you can see on the above video how easy is hitting enemy sheep. Also CV cannt spot Torpedo..... Wohohoohoho

 

2. As Gun bote

4x2 138mm with meh reload, very long range with decent shell velocity. Spamming from 14km~15km would be fine againts Battleship. Also as you can see on the "runner357" it melt FULL HP minotaur fast. Making short ranged ambush become the last ditch option. Also if you see notser video, gun boating another DD with reload booster can be very effective. Now with 51++Knot speed, making you harder target when gun and run againts Cruiser at 13km~14km.

 

3. The CV meta?

Looooong gun and fast shell.... You can stick with team and still doing damage despite team is camping afar.... another DD cannt do this with their shorter range gun. With CV spotting everyone all day, its really possible to avoid close engagement againts Cruiser. Also doing BBQ is now easier thanks to CV spot. When the CV make other DD obsolete, French DD can take a lot of benefit. The lack of AA is covered by long range gun.

 

4. WG is going to nerf it? Is this ship going to be meta?

 

Don't ask me this, no one complain OP lol.... And unless WG give repair party for the entire French DD line, it wont become mainstream. Because low tier is going to be hell. Because the only OP sheep is Mogador and kleber. Le Fantasque is mediocre and below T7 is lel cannt cap.

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[SMOKE]
Member
562 posts
9,759 battles

interesting, does that name carry any historical context ... just curious ...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,567 posts
5,943 battles
12 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

interesting, does that name carry any historical context ... just curious ...

WG just reuse old ships' names. The ship will be better with the name Durandal, which was a pre-WW1 DD class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_cruiser_Kléber

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Kléber

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durendal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durandal-class_destroyer

What sounds better, a French legendary weapon or some general?

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles

i watch flamu stream on new french DD.

so far they are ridiculously strong. they only weak points is no smoke or heal like other dd. not to mention the slow turret rotation. 20 sec turret rotation are really slow.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
186
[BOTES]
Modder
552 posts
4,262 battles

SF1vbzk.png

The name " Kléber " is based on the actual name the French named one of their planned Mogador type Destroyer. The particular Destroyer was ultimately cancelled on the outbreak of the Second World War. Nevertheless, the in game Kléber is intended to be representative of "a development of the Mogador class" and bear striking resemblance of the Mogador in game. Following the logic I don't see how Kléber isnt an appropriate name for a would-be late version of the Mogador.

800px-Guerin_general_Jean-Baptiste_Klebe

Kleber comes from Jean-Baptiste Kléber, a military general from from the French Revolutionary Wars.


Alternative names to Kléber would include Desaix, Hoche and Marceau, all of them were French Generals. 

Edited by 9mm1n
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,567 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, 9mm1n said:

Following the logic I don't see how Kléber isnt an appropriate name for a would-be late version of the Mogador.

*triggered*

But but but Durandal is a cooler name!!!

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
288 posts
368 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

interesting, does that name carry any historical context ... just curious ...

 

59 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WG just reuse old ships' names. The ship will be better with the name Durandal, which was a pre-WW1 DD class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_cruiser_Kléber

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Kléber

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durendal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durandal-class_destroyer

What sounds better, a French legendary weapon or some general?

Durandal sound more cool, we need to add petition to change kleber name. Its like "France" before they changed its name to Republique. Kleber name need to change! The German meaning of Kleber is glue! Da heck is that -_-

 

51 minutes ago, yansuki said:

i watch flamu stream on new french DD.

so far they are ridiculously strong. they only weak points is no smoke or heal like other dd. not to mention the slow turret rotation. 20 sec turret rotation are really slow.

Play like mini long range Cruiser, 20 sec is pretty decent traverse. Also too close to enemy is dangerous for French DD. Their turning is also sux.

 

42 minutes ago, 9mm1n said:

SF1vbzk.png

 

800px-Guerin_general_Jean-Baptiste_Klebe

Kleber comes from Jean-Baptiste Kléber, 

Alternative names to Kléber would include Desaix, Hoche and Marceau, all of them were French Generals. 

 

The dude look fat and not menacing at all..... Desaix or Marceau sound more better.... Hoche sound same like kleber, it wasnt good to roar it.

 

43 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

*triggered*

But but but Durandal is a cooler name!!!

Agree on this one!

 

DURAAANDAAAAALL!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,487
[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Member
5,047 posts
29,641 battles

its fun, but not Bias:dance_turtle:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46
[INRC]
Member
100 posts
5,113 battles

Z-52 is a torp boat. She can spam 8 torps from her 2 racks every 58.5 secs. Does she too OP? Does she a battle destroyer?

Z-52 is also a gunboat. Her reload is 4 secs. If you install the Gun Fire Control Mod and AFT captain perks, she can reach 15.1 km. Does she too OP? Does she become a battle destroyer?

Aside of Kleber's standard specs, Z-52 have more speed, larger hydro, and faster torps. Do you think she is now being the most OP DD in game?

In fact, you can see people complaining about her performance. Aside of her strengths, there also drawbacks. There is no perfect weapon in this world.

 

So I would suggest you to stop complaining based of your paranoia. What you have is only data on paper. You don't know in deep about Kleber's drawbacks yet. Lets be wise to wait until the full test completed. I am sure WG will tweak some settings before it fully released in game should she is found unbalanced.

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
288 posts
368 battles
5 hours ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

 

So I would suggest you to stop complaining based of your paranoia. What you have is only data on paper. You don't know in deep about Kleber's drawbacks yet. Lets be wise to wait until the full test completed. I am sure WG will tweak some settings before it fully released in game should she is found unbalanced.

I think you misunderstood, it wasnt thread of complain but thread of HYPE. If WG going to nerf it i am going to be disappointed because this ship already have major drawback.

 

5 hours ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Z-52 is a torp boat. She can spam 8 torps from her 2 racks every 58.5 secs. Does she too OP? Does she a battle destroyer?

Kleber have 4x3 tube with very thight spread. Also its reload is same or less than Z-52. I never say Kleber Torpedo OP, it was good. The OP Torpedo is from Mogador that can get 30 sec reload....

 

5 hours ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Z-52 is also a gunboat. Her reload is 4 secs. If you install the Gun Fire Control Mod and AFT captain perks, she can reach 15.1 km. Does she too OP? Does she become a battle destroyer?

Kleber can reach 16.4km range, she have 4x2 138mm gun with fast velocity. The Shell is so fast that its only need 11 sec to reach 15km if you watch notser video. The gun itself is almost like CL or Russian DD.

 

The Z52 have only 3x2 128mm gun that have slower velocity than Kleber. it cannt be used for long range 15km spam efficiently.

 

5 hours ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Aside of Kleber's standard specs, Z-52 have more speed, larger hydro, and faster torps. Do you think she is now being the most OP DD in game?

In fact, you can see people complaining about her performance. Aside of her strengths, there also drawbacks. There is no perfect weapon in this world.

Its obvious Z52 speed is slower than 51++ Knot from Kleber. People can shit Z52 easier than Kleber. Kleber have faster Torpedo that reach 71knot, except its only 8km. Also its have more torpedo damage. 

 

Last but not least, Z52 before Worchester and Harugumo arrival is the most high win rate DD. Its OP Hydro Smack any smoke DD on the cap. And some people did complain. And yess its OP before..... But not now

 

Note : the perfect weapon exist in WoWs, its called CV. Its too stronk that its require the entire team to stop it from Rampaging 

 

 

Did you already watch the Kleber video? Look at its torpedo reload and long spam gunning :v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,567 posts
5,943 battles
6 hours ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

So I would suggest you to stop complaining based of your paranoia.

Nah, he's a clickbaiter. Creating clickbaiting threads to... well I don't know what the intention is, but still.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[LGND]
Member
288 posts
9,332 battles

Kleber is just a food for my Lexington, meet her first time....  at first its hard to hit because 50 knot but when i tried again it works and surprisingly its easy to predict where that ship will going.... :Smile_trollface:
HEDB is best choice, and her module is easy to destroyed tho (obviously this  thing still on testing ).....
 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
288 posts
368 battles
3 hours ago, Gesterbein said:

Kleber is just a food for my Lexington, meet her first time....  at first its hard to hit because 50 knot but when i tried again it works and surprisingly its easy to predict where that ship will going.... :Smile_trollface:
HEDB is best choice, and her module is easy to destroyed tho (obviously this  thing still on testing ).....
 

Every other sheep is basically CV food. We are talking about the most powerfull sheep in WoWs.... That is CV

 

But againts any surface pheasant, Kleber would Smack em. Just give repair party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46
[INRC]
Member
100 posts
5,113 battles

I just check this guy has only 368 battle experience, but amazing 280 forum posts! So what he did looks like this: Play 2 games and then start to complaining in the forum by writing posts.

He doesn't have valid data source nor sufficient experience. What he has is some numbers from a website (not official WG one definitely), watching youtube, and then suddenly transform into a scientist presenting an analysis of what he analyze from youtube.

I even not sure if he ever get his hands on a Kleber.

Look dude, why don't you try to work out your T10 ship, play in T10 environment, and face the Kleber yourself. There you can present more accurate situation.

What you do now is a joke. It is like an analogy like this:

You present an analysis about China, where you say there is snow storm in the dessert of China everyday. Ah yes did you know that China consists of 99.9% dessert? You can see yourself in youtube! While you writing a long argument in the forum, in fact you yourself never even been to China. Then... You present your analysis to the Chinese people who born and raised in China. 

Can you get my point?

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,567 posts
5,943 battles
1 minute ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

I just check this guy has only 368 battle experience, but amazing 280 forum posts!

Clone account of a known click master baiter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
288 posts
368 battles
14 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

 

I even not sure if he ever get his hands on a Kleber.

 

I am not supertester, when the ship is released with its current stat i am definitely getting it. Unless they nerfed it, its definitely muss have. Grinding to T9 is not hard, the problem is credit for buying T10 required. 

 

 

Mogador confirmed 

4x3 tube

60 sec base reload torpedo ( can reach 30 sec with special commander adrenalin rush )

75 Knot speed

But only 8km -_-

 

The stat is wip and subject to change

 

Its basically torpedo spammer sheep

 

 

__________________--------

 

Also i wont visit forum for a while because some business.

You wont get a reply from me for a while. 

 

 

Edited by Akyamarukh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×