Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Destero

Asia Or NA

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[TDA]
Member
2 posts
228 battles

Hi,

I originally started playing on Asia a few years ago, I took a break but now I want to start playing again but I just discovered being in Australia I get the same ping in Asia as I do for NA.

I am only t5 so nowhere near end game but I hardly encounter any communication in my current games and when I do its Asian and hardly ever English.

As I go up the tiers do people talk to each other more frequently and if they do is it more English or another language? I want to play games with people and form some sort of plan, so it worth sticking on Asia or moving to NA? Are there any other benefits of being in Australia and playing in Asia?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
182
[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,033 posts
6,480 battles

NA's busy time is around 9am-1pm (east coast Australia)so if you want numbers to play with that might be a start

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[SPCTH]
Member
113 posts
4,941 battles

I suggest NA if you want communicate with other player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
498
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
818 posts
8,023 battles

Most experienced players don't really need to actually communicate to work together.  I'm sure I've played very effectively with people who I probably couldn't communicate with IRL.  It becomes obvious that someone is competent and doing things that will support you, and you can then act in a manner that supports them.  There is quite a lot of team work on this server I find, it's just that we all remember the people who play terribly, but not the people who just did their job pretty well.

Mostly the chat function is used for just general banter more than anything.  Sometimes towards the end people will try to encourage players clearly not acting in the most effective way that perhaps another course of action could be open to them...

If you want real communication that assists in your team winning, join a clan, jump on discord and play in divs.  It does make the game a lot more enjoyable to have this social aspect as well.

Edited by Moggytwo
  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[1NATN]
Member
546 posts
18,098 battles
28 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

If you want real communication that assists in your team winning, join a clan, jump on discord and play in divs.  It does make the game a lot more enjoyable to have this social aspect as well.

Solid advice right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[GP]
Member
66 posts
7,809 battles
2 hours ago, Destero said:

Hi,

I originally started playing on Asia a few years ago, I took a break but now I want to start playing again but I just discovered being in Australia I get the same ping in Asia as I do for NA.

I am only t5 so nowhere near end game but I hardly encounter any communication in my current games and when I do its Asian and hardly ever English.

As I go up the tiers do people talk to each other more frequently and if they do is it more English or another language? I want to play games with people and form some sort of plan, so it worth sticking on Asia or moving to NA? Are there any other benefits of being in Australia and playing in Asia?

Thanks

people in ASIA prefer actions to speaking, because most of them are more than average, they know what they need to do. You just need to use the communicate radio command to request something and they will act, or type a few line like i do. I once typed "i'll going in (brawl)" and then the whole squad followed me. It's pretty peaceful in chat and not much to talk about, but at least you will be at ease.

But if you want active community that becomes salty at times, you can come to NA. And i warn you, the player base there is a complete mess, you'll often see a bunch of dumb players doing dumb things that may cause your anger out of control. I saw how NA behaved on Flamu's stream, and i have already played in EU to witness such thing, it's not very different from what i described.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
182
[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,033 posts
6,480 battles

Oh, one other thing, if you are thinking of using operations to speed up your tier6-8 xp climb the NA server players are really, really bad....they make a random ops team here look like gods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
127
Member
357 posts
4,360 battles
48 minutes ago, Navy_Sensou said:

people in ASIA prefer actions to speaking, because most of them are more than average, they know what they need to do. You just need to use the communicate radio command to request something and they will act, or type a few line like i do. I once typed "i'll going in (brawl)" and then the whole squad followed me. It's pretty peaceful in chat and not much to talk about, but at least you will be at ease.

But if you want active community that becomes salty at times, you can come to NA. And i warn you, the player base there is a complete mess, you'll often see a bunch of dumb players doing dumb things that may cause your anger out of control. I saw how NA behaved on Flamu's stream, and i have already played in EU to witness such thing, it's not very different from what i described.

It's as if Asia is aware of how their server's reputation is with WoT, and in WOWS they went tryhard to make up for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
482 posts

you want quietness and/or pretend you don't understand squares/rectangles = Asia

you want no square, supreme race drama, and meet 70% of your favorite Twitch/youtube contributors = NA/EU

you live in Russia = RU

you sick of rework and want nostalgia = Chinese server (I think)

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[KMS-A]
Modder
320 posts

Not all of us can speak English, heck, I can't even type in a battle fast, so we prefer actions over speaking here.

Edited by Shifty_Panzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×