You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dantes_Inferno

Remove Domination Mode Completely from the game!

23 comments in this topic

679 posts
3,522 battles

I understand why Domination mode was introduced, to add variety, but it adds nothing to the game and actually ruins a good deal of gameplay.

If Domination were to remain I would suggest 2 caps close to each other.  The 3 caps ensures too many one sided and short games, or games where the outcome is fixed in the first 3 mins of a game.  The 4 cap Domination of Islands of Ice is utterly utterly broken.

Domination mode advantages a side with more destroyers and actually forces players to play in a stupid and reckless fashion. 

Anyone notice that 2 classes of ships (CVs and BBs) are effectively sidelined by this mode?

What do you think?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It ruins the game?

Well it's kinda relative

This mode allow you to win without eliminate every ship on the map

But in other hand it force many(if not all) destroyer to fight with other destroyer just for a base

This thing too break the rock paper scrissor purpose as they purpose for "taking down battleship that rarely contribute in taking base" gone from clashing with other destroyer that end up with both got torped or sunk by cruiser

(Correct me and my English or typo)

Beta Tester
215 posts
164 battles

I kind of agree on this. This mode is very dependent on the number of DDs in both teams. The team with most DDs or has more ships than the opposing team is more likely to win.

Here's the most horrible battle I had in this game mode.

sq3uv6.jpg

Of course you can already determine the winner by just looking at it before the battle even started.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Mostly island of ice domination is quite bad as the ships are too spread out.

I feel that domination can be improved to make it so rather than capping a cap and just running off, make it so that Domination is made of 1-2 cap and players need to be inside the cap circle to get points (thus making them vulnerable to enemy fire). Also to stop the destroyer rush, make this so each ship class give different amount of points, that is, a BB capping will provide more points than a DD.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Mostly island of ice domination is quite bad as the ships are too spread out.

I feel that domination can be improved to make it so rather than capping a cap and just running off, make it so that Domination is made of 1-2 cap and players need to be inside the cap circle to get points (thus making them vulnerable to enemy fire). Also to stop the destroyer rush, make this so each ship class give different amount of points, that is, a BB capping will provide more points than a DD.

No. This will just ruin the game even more. The side with more DDs will still win the game, and with the way spawn works, the team with more BBs closer to the cap wins.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Domination mode is fine. I have no problems in my BB nor my CA's in Domination mode. The only problem is that players still need to learn that Domination mode means getting the bases capped or preventing them being capped. Too many BB's and to a lesser amount CA's steam around at max range trying to hit the other teams ships. CA's should get in and take care of capping DD's while BB's should steam closer and protect them from other CA's and the BB's. 

Removing a mode while in beta, because players are afraid of scratching the paint on their big ships is not the correct solution.

I reckon its time to suggest the same Premium consumable that I suggested during Closed Beta on WoT back before the server split between EU/NA : The "Equalize IQ" consumable. I just hope that the EU parliament and the US Congress don't veto the introduction of that consumable this time around, even though it includes a voucher for a Lobotomy surgical procedure.

Beta Tester
215 posts
164 battles

This game mode is not suited for this very slow-paced game at all. It would better be a new game mode for WoT instead.

BB's and CA's couldn't cap without putting themselves at risk since they get the attention of enemy fire when they get close. They only serve as fire support for their DDs in cap. The mode is so dependent on DDs that if a DD loses to an enemy DD in cap, the BB's and CA's have nothing to do but choose between risking themselves to cap while there's a DD threat or stay away from the invisible threat and do not cap while the time is ticking and the enemy is gaining points over time.

Edited by Kenn_Ethic

Super Tester
2,725 posts

If Domination were to remain I would suggest 2 caps close to each other.  The 3 caps ensures too many one sided and short games, or games where the outcome is fixed in the first 3 mins of a game.  The 4 cap Domination of Islands of Ice is utterly utterly broken.

Hmmmm....... that will turn into a big "encounter mode"-like capture zone if 2 cap zones will be close each other.

Although the mode is fine, except for 4 cap zones domination mode Islands of Ice. Map is too large & spread out. << That I can agree it's broken though.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Hmmmm....... that will turn into a big "encounter mode"-like capture zone if 2 cap zones will be close each other.

Although the mode is fine, except for 4 cap zones domination mode Islands of Ice. Map is too large & spread out. << That I can agree it's broken though.

The problem mainly down to the rate at which teams accumulate points. 1000 points is not enough, I think it should be 1500.

[BMRSF]
420 posts
1,221 battles

Its better that Fix the RNG / Matchmaking Process - We need to change The Number of player. With or Without Division they must meet equal number both sides.

its better than we removing a Mode. Its sad though. Remembering The Historical mode on WoT being Deleted and Nation vs Nation mode being deleted.... 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Oddly enough, I've seen higher-tier/less-member teams win a lot more on domination maps over the lower-tier/higher-member count teams. Something to do with losing tickets when they're killed.

I'm with AALG here, actually. The main issue with Domination (and for that matter, encounter battles) is that ships are unwilling to steam close to the cap zones and take damage. Players are focused on getting kills over playing the objective, and while the former helps in the latter, it doesn't help when players ignore the primary objective completely (I.E. take the bases to get the point income every few seconds).

You see the exact same situation in random battles where one side just bunches up and hares off to one side of the map, leaving the other completely undefended, and resulting in the base capped by a bunch of DDs. While I agree that the current domination maps need to be looked at, I don't think the entire game mode ought to be taken out.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The problem mainly down to the rate at which teams accumulate points. 1000 points is not enough, I think it should be 1500.

The mission objective is to race up to 1000 points by capturing & holding key zones, optional to kill few enemy ships, and that's the long & easy way. The hard way is kill all and you'll achieved 1000 in no time.

If you really want 1500 points, then....  the points per each cap zone and ship kill & lost will adjusted to balance it. So the mode doesn't loss its real purpose, and doesn't turn into kill all mode like the standard battle. When the standard battle has options to kill all or capture the flag to win.

Its better that Fix the RNG / Matchmaking Process - We need to change The Number of player. With or Without Division they must meet equal number both sides.

its better than we removing a Mode. Its sad though. Remembering The Historical mode on WoT being Deleted and Nation vs Nation mode being deleted.... 

We have lesser beta testers. I would like to suggest playing time or schedule to play, so we gather enough population.

Edited by Mingfang47

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

The mission objective is to race up to 1000 points by capturing & holding key zones, optional to kill few enemy ships, and that's the long & easy way. The hard way is kill all and you'll achieved 1000 in no time.

If you really want 1500 points, then....  the points per each cap zone and ship kill & lost will adjusted to balance it. So the mode doesn't loss its real purpose, and doesn't turn into kill all mode like the standard battle. When the standard battle has options to kill all or capture the flag to win.

I think the main problem with 1000 points is that its too easy for one team to gain an overwhelming advantage against the other early on in the game by wiping out 2-3 cruisers or destroyers. When that happens, one team sees a gigantic reduction in the amount of points it has, coupled with less ships available to cap the point-rewarding zones. 1000 points is not sufficient for the losing team to make up that difference unless they score a decisive victory and sink a crapton of ship on the other team (unlikely), or the other team suddenly develops negative IQ and collectively corner-camps and allows all their zones to be capped (more likely, but still not a common possibility).

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Bring in another wave of testers I say!

My reaction to new player that do (un)friendly fire

-_- not this again

Edited by Harpoon01

679 posts
3,522 battles

I think the main problem with 1000 points is that its too easy for one team to gain an overwhelming advantage against the other early on in the game by wiping out 2-3 cruisers or destroyers. When that happens, one team sees a gigantic reduction in the amount of points it has, coupled with less ships available to cap the point-rewarding zones. 1000 points is not sufficient for the losing team to make up that difference unless they score a decisive victory and sink a crapton of ship on the other team (unlikely), or the other team suddenly develops negative IQ and collectively corner-camps and allows all their zones to be capped (more likely, but still not a common possibility).

Just had 3 games in Domination all finished in 6 mins.  Not a great deal of fun, win or lose.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Domination mode is fine. I have no problems in my BB nor my CA's in Domination mode. The only problem is that players still need to learn that Domination mode means getting the bases capped or preventing them being capped. Too many BB's and to a lesser amount CA's steam around at max range trying to hit the other teams ships. CA's should get in and take care of capping DD's while BB's should steam closer and protect them from other CA's and the BB's. 

Removing a mode while in beta, because players are afraid of scratching the paint on their big ships is not the correct solution.

I reckon its time to suggest the same Premium consumable that I suggested during Closed Beta on WoT back before the server split between EU/NA : The "Equalize IQ" consumable. I just hope that the EU parliament and the US Congress don't veto the introduction of that consumable this time around, even though it includes a voucher for a Lobotomy surgical procedure.

Just to quote myself, and confirm my statement above, I decided to record my next Nagato (only BB I have) Domination mode battle on the Islands of Ice map.

Result is here : 

Beta Tester
10 posts
62 battles

At least it should provide an option to disable the mode, just like WoT.

Personally I don't like this domination mode.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

At least it should provide an option to disable the mode, just like WoT.

Personally I don't like this domination mode.

In domination mode, just imagine yourself clad in a leather outfit, and brandishing a whip. Works for me... Or imagine the other team like that, depending on your personal preference... :trollface:

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

So you can lose ships without capping and not go negative.

Also, reaching 0 points means your team loses.

Four ways to win Domination:

1. Destroy all enemy ships
  2. Reach 1000 points first
  3. Reduce enemy team's points to 0
  4. Have more points than the enemy team when battle time runs out (no draw)

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

I really like playing domination mode when I am piloting a CA as there are lots of opportunities to put the hurt on juicy DD's. And by taking DD's out you put your team well on track to win.