You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HuginnKR

Feedback thread for Update 0.8.3

WoWS Update 0.8.3  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy 0.8.3 update overall?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I generally don't like
    • Don't like it at all
  2. 2. Do you enjoy Victory Competition?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I generally don't like
    • Don't like it at all
  3. 3. Do you enjoy new Azur Lane collaboration?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I generally don't like
    • Don't like it at all
  4. 4. Do you like technical improvement in 0.8.3?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I generally don't like
    • Don't like it at all
  5. 5. How smooth is 0.8.3 in technical perspective?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I generally don't like
    • Don't like it at all

41 comments in this topic

WG Staff
511 posts

Hello Commanders.

0.8.3 update is here with Victory competition, newe collaboration with Azur Lane and more. 

Please give us your feedback by voting and commenting.

We will pick 3 winners from voters and commenters.

Winners will receive 12 camos by codes(4x Stars 'n Stripes, 4x Revolutionary, 4x Union Jack).

Action Stations!

[TLS]
4,211 posts
20,361 battles
1 hour ago, MatterCore said:

[content removed]

shot-19.04.26_07.16.52-0691.jpg

The Artificial Gravity has been switched off. Anything not magnetized to the floor will float.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[LN]
[LN]
243 posts
15,533 battles

There's a problem with taking in game screenshots with windows 10 again, now a screenshot is just completely black out and I have to go into the game folder to find the screenshot, please fix it because previous patches worked normally 

• Cool 1

[OPX]
62 posts
9,797 battles

Unfortunately with current update - My Laptop cannot handle the game.

i have directX 11 installed but the Graphics card cannot handle DX11 games. i have x64 bit system. RAM is limited on my laptop 

Of course War gaming and World of Warships had announced this before hand. 

With no plans to buy new PC anytime soon, its time to say good bye. 

:cap_fainting:

[TLS]
231 posts
7,842 battles

I want to enjoy the new RU BB line but it seem the Prem shops not update yet ?

or the box gonna be exclusive for armory ? 

[VNR]
69 posts
7,464 battles

I feel lag after update 0.8.3, it drop me more 20 FPS on High Setting

• Cool 1

[ULAG]
909 posts
10,099 battles

The UI "improvements" feel like they are being "forced upon", like my whole PC is struggling with all its processing power to ensure I can get into and out of different Tabs.

Also, what happened to the Plane textures on CVs? They seems to have been replaced with low resolution ones:fish_palm:

8 posts

I didn't see this topic, so I posted here: 

Another thing about "smooth": I run Windows 10 with 32GB RAM & graphic everything on highest settings. Before this update i've never had any jerkiness nor FPS dropping. Now I do. There is no FPS count while in port, but I can feel it when I'm going in and out of tabs and other areas around the ports. Anything from viewing personal data of a commander to accessing containers. The jerkiness while in port is barely noticeable, and it's very brief. The jerkiness while in battle is different.

In battle, whenever I use a fast reloading ship, like the Atlanta, and I am fully engaging another ship, raining shells continuously without stop (you all know how much the Atlanta can put shells down range, around 192 shells/minutes I think). When in that situation, and I'm facing multiple enemy ships that shoot back, regardless of whether at me or at my teammates, as long as it is within my field of view, I get a FPS drop, 10 - 15 FPS is not uncommon. I will see about scaling down on some of my graphics settings to make this go away. But as far as "technical improvement" and "smooth in technical perspective", I would say that this update is more like "DE-provement" (I know it's not a proper English word).

So yeah, if I have to rate this update from these 2 points, it's not more like a downgrade.

Having said that, thank you for working hard to bring us players new contents. I may come back to comment more on the content parts later on.

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
11 posts
3,813 battles
On 4/26/2019 at 12:38 PM, PbKavarovsky said:

Do I not win points if I lost the match even if I finished my personal order?

You can still win points even if you lost a match, as long as you've done your personal order.

[IWN]
88 posts
4,689 battles

No technical issues here, however seems like the two sides for the event are nowhere near equal leading into the obvious choice of picking the winning party.

[XSA]
82 posts
7,674 battles
16 hours ago, NozoWeeb said:

You can still win points even if you lost a match, as long as you've done your personal order.

Well then I'm sure WG owed me 64 points, but in another match, I think I destroyed 4 out of 5 modules, but I received points for that mission after I won the game.

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
11 posts
3,813 battles
14 minutes ago, PbKavarovsky said:

Well then I'm sure WG owed me 64 points, but in another match, I think I destroyed 4 out of 5 modules, but I received points for that mission after I won the game.

Probably just to compensate for the missing points then. :Jervaited:

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
235 posts

Before 0.8.3, the game was very smooth set at very high graphics.

But after 0.8.3. installation, the game became sluggish. I noticed that there is often a lag when I use my mouse to fire. I also notice that the FPS seems to be low. 

What did you do again? :Smile_sad:

On 4/23/2019 at 5:55 PM, HuginnKR said:

Hello Commanders.

0.8.3 update is here with Victory competition, newe collaboration with Azur Lane and more. 

Please give us your feedback by voting and commenting.

We will pick 3 winners from voters and commenters.

Winners will receive 12 camos by codes(4x Stars 'n Stripes, 4x Revolutionary, 4x Union Jack).

Action Stations!

[NAU]
Super Tester_
46 posts
6,062 battles

My game has been very slow to load into games (I either load in with <10s to go or after the game starts), and load up the results screen since the update so from a technical standpoint i have to rate the update as poor. 

I can tell that the problems are from the update, as prior to the update i was loading into games quickly and the results screen usually came up instantly after a game finished.

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,666 posts
41,523 battles

so many space has wasted in modules tab and the most important the modules cant be seen and must scroll :fish_palm:

Premium ship >> its not reduce the empty space

but Tech tree ships >> no expand

shot-19_04.29_20_07.49-0841.thumb.jpg.64603fa28cf9a6bbe9d73ed4cd4c8906.jpg

shot-19_04.29_20_08_08-0226.thumb.jpg.382a786e3cf585c550c07ccdd4b79962.jpg

compare to consumables >> much better, why dont use it

shot-19_04.29_20_09.00-0905.thumb.jpg.b231ba345d302b9fd10eebc1351a6bb5.jpg

• Cool 2

8 posts

I have more to report. After a battle ends, it takes a really long time (much longer compared to v0.8.2) to load the battle result screen. Then from the result screen back to port, also very long. I don't have exact timing, since I don't have both versions to compare. I play everyday, play enough to get all 3 containers, so the loading time is something I see many times everyday when it was v0.8.2. Now it is at least 2x longer to load.

Also long to load is the loading of the battlefield in random, after the teams have been formed. Usually once the teams are formed in random, player can look at team roster, there is a timer count-down at the bottom and then there is the "Start Battle" button. Once I click on that, the battle field loads, this is really long, FPS drop pathetically to the 10s (wasn't like that in 0.8.2).

Edited by zoonanzi
spelling

[BASE]
6 posts
21,442 battles

Collection: "Azur Lane"

Use artists' original illustrations (proportioned full body) in the individual Ship details window & leave the chibi pic.s in the Collection overview pages, since different illustrations was doable in the "High School Fleet" Collection.

WG pls.

⬇️ Chibi pic.s here is fine...

image.png.3ff45362b1efd2225843f712b9b48c

⬇️ ...but use artists' original illustrations here instead...

image.png.a1e9addd0ca8a0146ccc659f479a67

⬇️ ...like THIS l33t photo-chop'd pic. ("Look at pic. above, now back to pic. below, now back at above, now back to below...")

image.png.a1e9addd0ca8a0146ccc659f479a67ed_2.thumb.png.0bfcc19974eedae11ccccb20dd26c549.png

1 of artists' original illustrations

"High School Fleet" Collection illustration example

Glitch: "Priority Target" Cmdr. Skill

After returning to Battle from Client-crashes / disconnection, "Priority Target" no longer displays number of enemy Ships targeting you

Glitch: "Victory" Competition's Personal Order "Achieve 3 Citadel Hits"

In 1 of my Co-Op Battles, the last shell/salvo that hit enemy Ship's Citadel AND sunk her to win the Battle, did not count towards my "Achieve 3 Citadel Hits" Personal Order.

During that moment, enemy Ship also returned fire & sunk my Ship, so both our Ships sank at the same time

Edited by Terrasmark
  • Cool 1

545 posts
6,731 battles

I am experiencing something weird with WOWS in 0.8.3: Whenever I print-screen, the resulting image is nothing but black. This didn't happen with the last version.

[BLESS]
1,236 posts
11,100 battles
On 4/26/2019 at 11:29 AM, HumbleMumble said:

There's a problem with taking in game screenshots with windows 10 again, now a screenshot is just completely black out and I have to go into the game folder to find the screenshot, please fix it because previous patches worked normally 

Came here to post this. Windows key + printscreen stopped working in the latest patch. What's the alternate/workaround now for taking in-game screenshots?

[LN]
[LN]
243 posts
15,533 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Came here to post this. Windows key + printscreen stopped working in the latest patch. What's the alternate/workaround now for taking in-game screenshots?

It still works, but you have to go the the screenshot folder inside the game folder where you installed it on your computer, which make it less convenient than before

[BLESS]
1,236 posts
11,100 battles
2 hours ago, HumbleMumble said:

It still works, but you have to go the the screenshot folder inside the game folder where you installed it on your computer, which make it less convenient than before

Thanks!

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,666 posts
41,523 battles

Honor & Glory require 15 days to get reward for each,

1247656558_1(2).thumb.jpg.7f667afaa24e7d9766c16dd0be2ec45e.jpg

877779793_2(2).thumb.jpg.a57336d7353baa52e48fb4c0e9b1c8e2.jpg

but Victory say 20 days for each team to get reward.

0.thumb.jpg.fa31f15d5fb13994233d1a3a04de88b0.jpg

Which one is correct?