You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rhodan

not playing again till aircraft fixed

85 comments in this topic

[-GC-]
7 posts
7,910 battles

I have always found aircraft annoying but the major change Wargaming made to carriers simply ruins the game. For three years or more this has been my favourite game and it is sad to give up playing but the fighter crap and aircraft dominance make the game unplayable. By untill a major change.

• Cool 6

[ULAG]
891 posts
8,284 battles

Umm, ok, bye, have a nice time!:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 8

[CLAY]
1,055 posts
7,814 battles

Seeya, hope you find another game to play.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 6

[1NATN]
546 posts
18,098 battles

He's not wrong. It's almost certainly worse than before. I wouldn't say it's unplayable, but it's pretty broken.

• Cool 11

176 posts
5,866 battles
59 minutes ago, mrcasual said:

You could always play co-op for a while.

yep this is what I have done .. and maybe will stay there .. frustration free zone

• Cool 4

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
279 posts
7,183 battles

Fair enough mate, getting very close to this to be honest, 4 CV's in every game, it's come play and be our fodder :) 

If there was only 1 per side it MIGHT be better, it seems to be at T10, but there aren't enough of us fodder players for the CV's it seems, so yea maybe a break would be good.

I can still post in the forums and be a pain, so at least there's that :)

I just played 1 game and that's enough, towards the end the 4 CV's had to resort to secondaries to attack each other while contesting the caps LOL, what a joke, I was wondering if they will start to equip the ramming flag? 

• Cool 5

[RSM]
28 posts
4,187 battles
4 hours ago, Rhodan said:

I have always found aircraft annoying but the major change Wargaming made to carriers simply ruins the game. For three years or more this has been my favourite game and it is sad to give up playing but the fighter crap and aircraft dominance make the game unplayable. By untill a major change.

https://www.pathofexile.com/game

Don't know if it's your type of game, but feel free to give it a go 🙂

I'm fed up with WOWS myself - it's not what it used to be.

[CLAY]
1,055 posts
7,814 battles
2 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

He's not wrong. It's almost certainly worse than before. I wouldn't say it's unplayable, but it's pretty broken.

I’m not sure it is worse than before. Pre 0.8.0 a CV could hunt down a sole BB and delete them in one strike.

As annoying as they are now, individual strikes, even torpedos, are weaker, it still takes a CV a while to wear down a BB.

Main differences now are (apart from the obvious control change)

- AA weaker, even top tier AA cruisers cannot always evaporate a squadron before it drops. It relies on enemy CV flying through flak clouds.

- Single squad can make multiple drops.

- Individual squads weaker than before.

- More CVs players.

And I think that’s the problem. I don’t feel that CVs are worse than before, before they were terrible, there’s just more of them, and now AA can be dodged by aircraft.

... Maybe that does make them worse than before...

[CLAY]
1,055 posts
7,814 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Seeya, hope you find another game to play.

This comment is bad?

Ok, Seeya, hope you don’t find another game to play?

• Bad 2

[SMOKE]
562 posts
9,759 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I’m not sure it is worse than before. Pre 0.8.0 a CV could hunt down a sole BB and delete them in one strike.

As annoying as they are now, individual strikes, even torpedos, are weaker, it still takes a CV a while to wear down a BB.

- AA weaker, even top tier AA cruisers cannot always evaporate a squadron before it drops. It relies on enemy CV flying through flak clouds.

- More CVs players.

And I think that’s the problem. I don’t feel that CVs are worse than before, before they were terrible, there’s just more of them, and now AA can be dodged by aircraft.

you try to be the one playing say T8 IJN DD Kagero, or a soviet cruiser, or .... well .... see the point ... right now what the game does is favoring the BB and CV at the price of sacrificing everybody else as offering on the alter ... no one care to be the price on the plate ... the game do not give them fair play, they quit, I say that's square, and simple .... WG is , of course, free to made CV playable and updated, what they should not do is screwing all others , especially the AA

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

[1NATN]
546 posts
18,098 battles
40 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

- More CVs players.

When a CV tried to strike you in the past you could hurt them through attrition. Every plane you shot down was one more that wouldn't be back. Now they don't give a damn, especially at high tiers. I've got one of the better CV players going around in my clan and he strikes Woosters and Des Moines from the get go and laughs about how easy it is. He's not doing anything special, he just regenrates planes so fast that it doesn't matter. That's flat out broken.

• Cool 3

[CLAY]
1,055 posts
7,814 battles
44 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

This comment is bad?

Ok, Seeya, hope you don’t find another game to play?

Ok...now I’m confused. What is a good thing to say to a person who’s decided to leave the game because they think the game has been ruined? I’d prefer an actual comment other than a ‘bad’ vote. ‘Bad’ votes tell me absolutely nothing about how I can become better.

• Bad 1

[CLAY]
1,055 posts
7,814 battles
12 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

you try to be the one playing say T8 IJN DD Kagero, or a soviet cruiser, or .... well .... see the point ... right now what the game does is favoring the BB and CV at the price of sacrificing everybody else as offering on the alter ... no one care to be the price on the plate ... the game do not give them fair play, they quit, I say that's square, and simple .... WG is , of course, free to made CV playable and updated, wha they should not do is screwing all others , especially the AA

7 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

When a CV tried to strike you in the past you could hurt them through attrition. Every plane you shot down was one more that wouldn't be back. Now they don't give a damn, especially at high tiers. I've got one of the better CV players going around in my clan and he strikes Woosters and Des Moines from the get go and laughs about how easy it is. He's not doing anything special, he just regenrates planes so fast that it doesn't matter. That's flat out broken.

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from. As someone who’s played a lot of BBs in random since the rework, the major difference I’ve seen I That I don’t get alpha striker in the first 7 minutes. Yes if I’m alone on the flank, I will get slowly whittled down, but I can ignore a drop or two.

But I can see how much worse it is for cruisers, and especially DDs.

That said, I think the major difference in cruisers, especially AA cruisers, is that you no longer have super AA that can clear the sky near instantly. And def AA does not scatter drops anymore, I don’t get that. What the point of it if it isn’t strong enough to down a few planes before they drop? Especially since the CV regenerates planes?

So... pre 0.8.0, CVs were bane of BBs because they could alpha strike them, and bane of DDs because they could perma spot them. And most cruisers were ok because they could either swat flys down easily, or scatter drops with def AA.

Post 0.8.0, CVs are now the bane of DDs, because they can hunt them down and sink them, with multiple strikes. And a serious problem for cruisers because they are no longer affected as much by a cruisers AA. Meanwhile BBs are mostly ok, because they can take the damage.

CVs are here to stay, but it’s times like this that I think that they should not have been brought into the game in the first place.

...Of course, then we would probably have a lot of people crying for them to be brought in.

• Cool 4

[1NATN]
546 posts
18,098 battles

Personally, I don't want them removed from the game and I think that's an entirely unrealistic expectation. They desperately need to be balanced right, however, or they could be the death of the game.

• Cool 4

[TROLL]
274 posts
2,132 battles

I agree. its so annoying for slower ships to contribute in T8-10 games cause CVs keep sending in their infinite supply of planes to destroy you and your AA just doesn't do much to keep them off your back.  Its even more annoying when your team has destroyed 80% of the enemies and yet has to hunt to hunt down those two CVs who hang about in the far end corners of the map and still keep sending in squadrons just to annoy you.  I dont think nerfing them worked cause CV players still have the upper hand even when your team outnumbers them.   

1,298 posts
5,894 battles

back to basic mate. play tier 2.

no stupid gimmicks.

no cheat program radar.

no balance breakers CV.

only gun, torpedo, skill and guts.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[RSM]
28 posts
4,187 battles
1 minute ago, PGM991 said:

back to basic mate. play tier 2.

no stupid gimmicks.

no cheat program radar.

no balance breakers CV.

only gun, torpedo, skill and guts.

USS Smith or Tachibana, hmmmm both are fun 😄

[TLS]
1,119 posts
16,493 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

So... pre 0.8.0, CVs were bane of BBs because they could alpha strike them, and bane of DDs because they could perma spot them. And most cruisers were ok because they could either swat flys down easily, or scatter drops with def AA.

Post 0.8.0, CVs are now the bane of DDs, because they can hunt them down and sink them, with multiple strikes. And a serious problem for cruisers because they are no longer affected as much by a cruisers AA. Meanwhile BBs are mostly ok, because they can take the damage.

Previously, CV were a effective BB counter. You could not escape a good CV. Then again, they were go against anything that float, with the proviso of managing your planes.

Now, CV are a feeble counter against big ships, with all the flooding mechanics redone making it worse. You have to work even harder just to do some decent damage. So naturally, they would pick on the smaller and easier to target ships.

Previously, the CV counter was another CV. You deplaned your opponent into submission and neutralised him. Now, there is no natural counter. For me, CV damage now should get bonuses against BBs and penalties against DD.

1,567 posts
5,943 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

CV damage now should get bonuses against BBs and penalties against DD.

Hey I like this idea (spoketh a BB hater).

[TLS]
1,119 posts
16,493 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Hey I like this idea (spoketh a BB hater).

It's not just an idea for bb haters, its there to maintain the Rock-Paper-Scissors balance. Each class should have predefined roles. Right now the role lines are so fuzzy and matchmaking doesn't even compensate even for the basic B-C-D classes.

1,567 posts
5,943 battles
5 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

It's not just an idea for bb haters, its there to maintain the Rock-Paper-Scissors balance. Each class should have predefined roles. Right now the role lines are so fuzzy and matchmaking doesn't even compensate even for the basic B-C-D classes.

Anything that hurts BBs (and BBs alone) is supported by me.

• Bad 1

[TLS]
1,119 posts
16,493 battles
Just now, Paladinum said:

Anything that hurts BBs (and BBs alone) is supported by me.

Deep down inside, I support your bb stance wholeheartedly.