You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
graphite_

Annoying pinging WG icon

10 comments in this topic

52 posts

Unlocked the American Cruiser Collection ~ camouflage colour scheme. I get it, I can choose between grey and a lighter colour of grey :cap_fainting:, so why am I constantly being pinged by a WG icon on the exterior and camouflage tabs. There seems to be no way of getting rid of this PITA unless I’m missing something here. Anyone have a solution of how to get rid of it?    

[LNA]
[LNA]
1,918 posts
11,594 battles
3 hours ago, graphite_ said:

Unlocked the American Cruiser Collection ~ camouflage colour scheme. I get it, I can choose between grey and a lighter colour of grey :cap_fainting:, so why am I constantly being pinged by a WG icon on the exterior and camouflage tabs. There seems to be no way of getting rid of this PITA unless I’m missing something here. Anyone have a solution of how to get rid of it?    

Mods....

If you are a content creator and know how to use 3d modelling , you can make Yamato a girl with guns , lots of guns ...

52 posts
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

Mods....

Turned off the one and only mod I use, the pinging icon it's still present and still annoying the :etc_swear: out of me. 

1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

If you are a content creator and know how to use 3d modelling , you can make Yamato a girl with guns , lots of guns ...

Been using 3dsmax since version 3.1 {1993} but a girl BB is not a path I want venture down, but thanks for the interesting suggestion :fish_book:

[ULAG]
891 posts
8,284 battles
17 minutes ago, graphite_ said:

Turned off the one and only mod I use, the pinging icon it's still present and still annoying the :etc_swear: out of me. 

What he was trying to say is use a mod that removes the pinging or something like that. I'm not sure if a mod lie that even exists but who knows... look up in the long list of mods in Aslains and you might actually find one!:Smile_teethhappy:

I'm personally not bothered that much by the pingings...if it bothers me, I just get to the source of it and activate that source and pinging goes away. I can always revert amything afterwards.

52 posts
1 hour ago, _TAMAL_ said:

What he was trying to say is use a mod that removes the pinging or something like that. I'm not sure if a mod lie that even exists but who knows... look up in the long list of mods in Aslains and you might actually find one!:Smile_teethhappy:I

Unfortunately I don’t think there is a mod out there that would address poor UI coding and testing :Smile_sceptic:

1,567 posts
5,943 battles

Mod? Find the path and the file of that pinging icon and replace with a blank, transparent file in your res_mods folder

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

52 posts
On 4/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, Paladinum said:

Mod? Find the path and the file of that pinging icon and replace with a blank, transparent file in your res_mods folder

It's not part of a mod, but part of the port UI

http://spejb4.jpg

Edited by graphite_

1,567 posts
5,943 battles
2 minutes ago, graphite_ said:

72cc1ba15b0bda90487ebcab40b5ad66-full.jp

Yeah I know, I meant "make a mod out of that to replace the icon with something invisible"

[ULAG]
891 posts
8,284 battles
20 hours ago, graphite_ said:

72cc1ba15b0bda90487ebcab40b5ad66-full.jp

You can ask help from a modder who is familiar with this type of stuff. You'll get better response

52 posts

I don’t believe it should be up to the end user or modders to fix WG coding issues. One would think the programmers would test their code after it’s implemented, but obviously this is not the case.

And guess what, this annoying PITA is still present in 0.8.3

http://spejb4.jpg