You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

WoWS Dev Blog's bundle of new news #9 - WG's answer to CVs (???)

33 comments in this topic

4,865 posts
8,859 battles

There goes my 2nd US DD line. That has Somers in it.

We also have two... uhm... what are they called exactly? AA cruisers? Answers to CVs? T10 cruisers with less than 40k HP pool.

:cap_wander: :Smile_teethhappy:  :Smile_unsure: 

Still no German free xp/Arsenal ship.

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-new-ships-ccca454640a9?fbclid=IwAR04KNd2qrtXiH7z-_lO-Jq9TeJVrufjGLjnCxKjEaR4bbKwpFvpJ_go1HA

"ST, new map, improvements for aircraft carriers, dynamic daytime in port and other changes"

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-new-map-improvements-for-aircraft-carriers-dynamic-daytime-in-port-and-other-changes-8634a41fc095?fbclid=IwAR1qp_sJ0_oGhekJcCh_VX2ueJ3_meXA-EInk7zPp50gp3oRqdhZI9AfxpI

"The most important reward for the second part of the competition is a new unique commander Nikolay Kuznetsov"

He has two talents:

"Hidden reserve" - activates with obtaining the "First blood" achievement and gives 1 charge for all consumables of the ship.
"Will to win" - activates once per battle, if ships HP drops below 10% and give following bonuses for 30 seconds:
Effect of the "Damage control party" consumable is applied to the ship (no consumable charges spent);
Dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship increases by 20%;
Effect of the "Repair party" regenerating up to 7.5% HP (no consumable charges spent).
These talents do not work in Clan battles.

Besides that, this commander has one improved skill: "Jack of all trades" lowers the reload of all consumables by 10% and not by 5%.

"Will to win" talents stands out because of the trigger condition. It activates easier than other talents. But it's worth to consider that it will activate when the ship is almost destroyed and gives less bonuses than talents of other unique commanders. Besides that, Nikolay Kuznetsov has only one improved skill, and this is an additional balancing factor.

Edited by Paladinum

[AN-DO]
675 posts
9,922 battles

It seems like now the choice is either slow firing big guns or rapid fire HE spammers for cruisers, meanwhile the middle of the road all-rounders are being forgotten

• Cool 1

[MRI]
3,602 posts
15,476 battles

So we are getting a Soviet Flint at Tier 10...

I am willing to bet it is going to be a Steel ship.

[CLAY]
2,836 posts
12,634 battles

Don’t we already have a USSR T10 premium cruiser? Or does that not count because it is a CA and this is a CL.

And don’t we already have enough T9 and 10 US ships?

I agree with @Paladinum Need freemium KM ships.

Wouldnt say no to a T9 or 10 RN ship either.

And I’d still like some premium IJN, USN and RN T6 cruisers for operations.

• Cool 2

305 posts
370 battles

Somer no AADF? What???

The turret appearance looks cool, the torpedo is decent. Sadly its feel generic. And 127mm with rainbow arc, better pick Mogador for phew phew.

The weird one is Colbert. No OP feature, speed boost but only 33knot? I can bet it will be taste like longer range Atlanta.

4,865 posts
8,859 battles
7 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Don’t we already have a USSR T10 premium cruiser? Or does that not count because it is a CA and this is a CL.

And don’t we already have enough T9 and 10 US ships?

I agree with @Paladinum Need freemium KM ships.

Wouldnt say no to a T9 or 10 RN ship either.

And I’d still like some premium IJN, USN and RN T6 cruisers for operations.

Quick reminder that Viribus Unitis, a T5 German premium, which was announced about half a year ago, is currently still AWOL. Her latest update was about 3-4 months ago.

Favoritism.

[ULAG]
909 posts
10,099 battles

Smolensk looks really really sexy; not to mention super interesting. I was thinking about buying Flint but now I'll be hording Steel for that:fish_cute_2:

[ULAG]
909 posts
10,099 battles

16 soviet laser-beams... heal+smoke yum yum:cap_rambo:

4,865 posts
8,859 battles

@Grygus_Triss 

The thing I find funny is that the number of real/historical ships worth being T6-7-8 premiums in this game is very high, yet WG are pumping out so many T9-10 premiums I can't even keep count. Even if I can't buy them (freemium player) I'd be happy if they are in the game.

Hipper-class Blucher, Maya 1944 (for AA shenanigans), USS Laffey, AA refitted Z5 Paul Jacobi, Strasbourg (Dunkerque's only sister), HMS Glowworm (rammed Adm. Hipper), Ceylon-class and Dido-class CLs, etc.

Most of those are T7-8, I'm pretty un-knowledgeable with older ships.

15 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Smolensk looks really really sexy; not to mention super interesting. I was thinking about buying Flint but now I'll be hording Steel for that:fish_cute_2:

I was thinking "Free citadels" when I scrolled down and realized the thing has Smoke just like Flint.

Free citadels on the Colbert, I guess :Smile_smile:

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

[LBAS]
1,552 posts

whatever, I'm retreat back all the way to tier 2 battle

safe and sound from CV (EDITED) :Smile_trollface:

Inappropriate Usage, Post Edited, User Sanctioned

~lengxv6

• Funny 2

[CLAY]
2,836 posts
12,634 battles
6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Quick reminder that Viribus Unitis, a T5 German premium, which was announced about half a year ago, is currently still AWOL. Her latest update was about 3-4 months ago.

Favoritism.

Yeah, it really feels like WG are ignoring certain Nations sometime, or at least favouring some over others.

USSR ships, yeah, they're a Russian company.

US ships, yeah, NA server probably have largest player base and a lot of US ships to choose from.

French ships... I have no idea why they are giving so much so early to the French ships.

Yes, UK recently got the CVs, but they were overdue.

[ULAG]
909 posts
10,099 battles
14 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I was thinking "Free citadels" when I scrolled down and realized the thing has Smoke just like Flint.

Well, I'm kinda concerned about Colbert too. Idk how they will fit that into T10. Those guns will probably have arcs similar to USN which means lobbing shells from the moon:cap_look:

[TLS]
4,187 posts
20,354 battles
29 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Favoritism.

"Not tested ready yet".

Takes ages to balance one low tier ship.

Takes 6 weeks to rush in a rework that affects the whole game.

• Funny 1

4,865 posts
8,859 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Takes 6 weeks to rush in a rework that affects the whole game.

More like 6 months, but to show how badly it was at release, they had to immediately put out patches and hot fixes within weeks later :Smile_teethhappy:

Let us not make this a CV discussion, please :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Paladinum

305 posts
370 battles
41 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

@Grygus_Triss

36k HP, you don't need citadel. Even Yamato HE will blown this thing

28 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Well, I'm kinda concerned about Colbert too. Idk how they will fit that into T10. Those guns will probably have arcs similar to USN which means lobbing shells from the moon:cap_look:

Intercontinental French Shell

#IFS

Just hide behind island....

With the CV around, there is always guarantee to spot enemies. This ship benefited a lot from CV

• Funny 1

[TLS]
4,187 posts
20,354 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

More like 6 months, but to show how badly it was at release, they had to immediately put out patches and hot fixes within weeks later :Smile_teethhappy:

Let us not make this a CV discussion, please :Smile_hiding:

You get the point I'm making though.

And duly noted. (but I doubt it is going to stay that way for long)

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[ULAG]
909 posts
10,099 battles
20 minutes ago, 9mm1n said:

The so called delay change is not enough 

you might as well say, let's make it so that CVs get to wait out the entire match, right? RIGHT?

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
1,552 posts

instead of making player wait for prep time, why not reduce speed of plane that clearly 'too fast' ?

implement plane prep time... I can see some problem looming in horizon already

between 'wait to drive speedy plane' or 'immediately drive slower plane'... which are more tend to get bored?

by the way, between current plane speed and speed back when RTS style, which are faster?

[LNA]
2,048 posts
14,149 battles

Nah , we should understand that WG is a Belo Russia company. Getting schematics and blueprints from Russia and ex Soviet countries are far easier than any other nations. Idk why , but many German war designs are still considered classified materials or the keepers refuse for the plants to be taken out and copied. So anything that is readily available will be whipped out quicker and more efficiently.

That is also the case for a number of other design studies of UK and Japan.

About plane speed : it is a relative counter balance to AA powercreep , even with current speed settings , you can't walk into AA fest without losing your birds. Slower speed means planes take longer to complete a run and to move around in general. Less time spent eating AA means more survival after all. In a tier X CV , i rarely can assemble half a strike wing near the end , even with heavy conservation effort , think about poor tier 8 CV for a moment ....

What people don't realize is that playing CV like a moron can and will make him be deplaned , and fast ....

[MRI]
3,602 posts
15,476 battles
31 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

instead of making player wait for prep time, why not reduce speed of plane that clearly 'too fast' ? 

Because AA power has been balanced against the current plane speed. Reducing plane speed across the board means more time in AA, hence more plane damage and more planes shot down. Also, fewer strikes due to plane travelling time and thus CV damage effectiveness in battle is reduced. 

Changing plane speed has a lot of repercussions.

35 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

by the way, between current plane speed and speed back when RTS style, which are faster?

This one is a lot faster, especially when using engine boost.

4,865 posts
8,859 battles
1 hour ago, _TAMAL_ said:

you might as well say, let's make it so that CVs get to wait out the entire match, right? RIGHT?

Yes :Smile_trollface:

13 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Nah , we should understand that WG is a Belo Russia company. Getting schematics and blueprints from Russia and ex Soviet countries are far easier than any other nations. Idk why , but many German war designs are still considered classified materials or the keepers refuse for the plants to be taken out and copied. So anything that is readily available will be whipped out quicker and more efficiently.

What would be so hard about making a carbon copy of a paper/unbuilt ship like H-39 (FdG)??? I know people may scream about that being a clone of a paper ship, but that is better than 1 premium every half a year to calm down the people that deserve getting such a ship. I cannot be the only one who asks for that. So yeah, I'll never stop asking.

The goddam gap is a good time to hoard resources, I guess.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,335 posts
11,143 battles
3 hours ago, Akyamarukh said:

Somer no AADF? What???

Somers has pretty much zero AA. Short range aura only. It'll be an excellent torp boat though - 12 long range, short reload torps per salvo. 

3 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Colbert was fitted with the long barrel post war 127/54 guns.  They will likely have much better arcs than the 127/38's we are used to on US DD's. 

[BOTES]
Modder
604 posts
4,485 battles
2 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

I'm not saying that they should extended

I just thought it's not a solution to the current surface-air interaction that's leading to the frustation in CV-games

Edited by 9mm1n

[ULAG]
909 posts
10,099 battles
4 minutes ago, 9mm1n said:

I'm not saying that they should extended

I just thought it's not a solution to the current surface-air interaction that's leading to the frustation in CV-games

Well, until they fix broken AA and specifically, flak, WG will have to keep things manageable by adding these silly fixes. The delay will definitely have a positive impact but after that cooldown, CVs will be back to their routine again. If WG really wants to fix the "frustration" they should rework the interaction between surface ships and CV

Edited by _TAMAL_