You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PT_92NZ

Game is becoming a JOKE!!!!!!!

46 comments in this topic

[RSM]
36 posts
5,195 battles

Playing anything high tier at the moment is a complete joke. All people do nowadays is fling HE shit everywhere. There is no skill involved in that and any person can do that!!!!!!!!

Cant effectively play BB anymore because you get barbecued to death and when attempting to play a DD you are in most cases bombarded by CV at the start of a game. You've already lost half of your health only 2-3 minutes into the game. 

I have plenty of CA/CL but they don't suit my play style.

DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT A MODERATOR OR STAFF ACTION

Post Edited, Player Sanctioned

~lengxv6 

[LNA]
2,048 posts
14,143 battles

So you think you can hurt them but they can't hurt you is fair ? :Smile_sceptic:.

If you are afraid that the paint will be scratched then don't drive an expensive ship.

And if it is a joke then why do you have a hard on for a JOKE ...

[RSM]
36 posts
5,195 battles
25 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

So you think you can hurt them but they can't hurt you is fair ? :Smile_sceptic:.

If you are afraid that the paint will be scratched then don't drive an expensive ship.

And if it is a joke then why do you have a hard on for a JOKE ...

I'm not afraid to brawl mate, nor am I worried about scratching paint. It's not about driving an expensive ship here, why else would I have got a T10, I have had plenty of good games at high tier's but in recent times with the current meta in the game, there is a struggle to make a fair contribution to your team. 

305 posts
370 battles

Join the sozialitche de Bolshevick.....

Russian BB should have infinite heal repair party. Your problem will be solved and everyone happy.

#RussianRepairParty 

#RRP

• Funny 2

4,863 posts
8,859 battles
43 minutes ago, PT_92NZ said:

All people do nowadays is fling HE shit everywhere.

Has always been so since 2016.

43 minutes ago, PT_92NZ said:

Then try to play one. Be in someone else's shoes once in a while. I play all 3 ship types. I should know. 

And I don't complain about HE spam, CVs owning DD's aft, etc. Even as a well-known BB hater, I don't really complain that much about facing BBs (just wanting them to be removed).

[CLAY]
2,834 posts
12,634 battles

If you're playing BB and losing most of your health in the first 5 minutes, you may be pushing too early.

If you're not afraid to brawl, that may be the problem. Brawling in a BB only works mid to late game, when many of the enemy HE spammers have been dealt with, getting too close before that is a certain way to get burnt to near death.

The question of course, is how do you get to the mid point of the game. I think its mostly waiting for the enemy to make mistakes now, not really playing well on your part. Just make sure you can take advantage and sink any ship which tries to cap.

Once upon a time BBs could lose half their health, then disappear, heal up, and come back for more. With more CV players, that can't happen anymore. Anything wounded, stripped of its AA due to HE spam, will be hunted down and either sunk by aircraft, or by surfrace ships due to being spotted by aircraft.

So yeah, game is not a joke, jokes are funny, boring gameplay like this isn't funny. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 3

[RSM]
36 posts
5,195 battles
21 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Then try to play one. Be in someone else's shoes once in a while. I play all 3 ship types. I should know. 

And I don't complain about HE spam, CVs owning DD's aft, etc. Even as a well-known BB hater, I don't really complain that much about facing BBs (just wanting them to be removed).

Ive played Worcester, best game was 208k but mostly sitting in one place.

Perhaps you're right, maybe I'll start using Worcester again, and finish grinding for the Zao

4,863 posts
8,859 battles
16 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

So yeah, game is not a joke, jokes are funny, boring gameplay like this isn't funny. :Smile-_tongue:

Indeed. Sometimes this game makes me want to sink myself.

• Funny 1

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
283 posts
7,810 battles

I don't get a chance to fire HE everywhere, I am so busy doing planes that there ain't much time for guns. Every game below T10 is 2 CV's, talk about stupid game nowadays.

[CLAY]
2,834 posts
12,634 battles
42 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Indeed. Sometimes this game makes me want to sink myself.

Indeed. Ships should have the ability to scuttle themselves. Just like in real life.

At the cost of all XP earned in that battle, and a hefty repair bill, of course.

• Funny 1

[OAKUM]
2,112 posts
16,243 battles
17 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Indeed. Ships should have the ability to scuttle themselves. Just like in real life.

At the cost of all XP earned in that battle, and a hefty repair bill, of course.

can you just imagine everyone doing that at the start of each game, just because they come across a certain ship or tiers in game???

we would have to rename the game to " World Of Bubbles"...

:dance_turtle:

Ordrazz

• Funny 1

[SLAVA]
429 posts
7,206 battles
18 hours ago, PT_92NZ said:

Playing anything high tier at the moment is a complete joke. All people do nowadays is fling HE shit everywhere. There is no skill involved in that and any (EDITED) can do that!!!!!!!!

Cant effectively play BB anymore because you get barbecued to death and when attempting to play a DD you are in most cases bombarded by CV at the start of a game. You've already lost half of your health only 2-3 minutes into the game. 

I play all classes, but battleships and cruisers are probably my main classes, and battleships are my stronger line of the two. My primary high tier battleships are my Montana and Musashi, both with average damages exceeding 100000 and 1.2 and 1.4 kills per game respectively, and both exceeding 55% WR. This week out of all my games in these ships combined every one I survived earned a Dreadnought and all but 1 earned a fireproof.

If you've "already lost half of your health only 2-3 minutes into the game", generally speaking you are playing it wrongly.

There's a fine line between effective aggression and suicide and given the disdain for the so called "Camping BaBBy" less skilled players are starting to mistake the latter as a good thing and overvaluing it. When you push just for the sake of pushing you may find yourself under what is called "overwhelming fire" where multiple enemies can plant far more shells into your fat hull than it can take, even if you have a full tanking build. Even a bow-on Kurfurst won't last long when it burns from stem to stern.

When you push into fights you can win or come under fire that you can sustain, that is effective aggression. Generally speaking, this involves wearing down the enemy from a neutral position or finding a hole in their formation that allows you to take out weaker enemies without coming under an overwhelming amount of fire, especially a crossfire. 

Second of all, if you are in a neutral second-line position in a battleship (which varies depending on situation but generally is with the cruisers but not quite on the front with the DDs or leading a charge) you may find yourself coming under varying amounts of fire as you stand out as the easiest target in a group. If you are able to position (a fundamental BB skill, by the way) this amount of damage will be very manageable. This is effective tanking. You draw fire away from your allies who might bring more utility to the team without losing your ability to fight.

Third of all, things go wrong. Sometimes you will push into or sail past an unknown enemy that turns out to be too much to bear. This is why you exercise due caution. Don't go into a situation you cannot get out of. Plan some means of escaping beforehand, be it letting a fire burn on deck while you retreat, then triggering your damage control when you're far away enough to go into stealth (14km works on my T10 BBs) or just ducking behind terrain that will block some or all enemy fire and make your situation more manageable.

I can't stress how much I hate a sub-45% win rate battleship that charges for the sake of charging, down a crossfired flank into impossible odds, then complains about a camping team or HE being overpowered. They're misled to think aggression is all people want to see and even may receive praise from the less capable community. While this is an extreme, I do hope you don't aim to be one of them.

18 hours ago, PT_92NZ said:

All people do nowadays is fling HE shit everywhere. There is no skill involved in that and any retard can do that!!!!!!!!

Incredibly rude and shortsighted judgement. Try to play a kiting cruiser and see how difficult it actually is to output effective damage all the time.

Post Updated

~lengxv6

• Cool 4

[AN-DO]
675 posts
9,922 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

At least its not a CV rant.

Give it a moment, somebody will try and turn it into one.

• Funny 1

[SMOKE]
2,018 posts
16,216 battles

well everyone get hurt, but that what really matters is you can fight back , and BB can and cannot , they can fight back against the surface ships but they are not doing anything to the CV even if you down a dozen of planes .. its still in full health, its still capable to send full squadron your way even towards the end of the game , and if you are CA you are relegated to range gunnery , and if you are DD and CL, sorry you sail back there and just enjoy the show cause your gun an torp are not in range and if you are to venture forth to try to get in range you are highly likely to be spotted, focus fired,a and die quick ... game is not a joke, its a PITA unless you play CV that is

[RSM]
36 posts
5,195 battles
1 hour ago, InterconKW said:

I play all classes, but battleships and cruisers are probably my main classes, and battleships are my stronger line of the two. My primary high tier battleships are my Montana and Musashi, both with average damages exceeding 100000 and 1.2 and 1.4 kills per game respectively, and both exceeding 55% WR. This week out of all my games in these ships combined every one I survived earned a Dreadnought and all but 1 earned a fireproof.

If you've "already lost half of your health only 2-3 minutes into the game", generally speaking you are playing it wrongly.

There's a fine line between effective aggression and suicide and given the disdain for the so called "Camping BaBBy" less skilled players are starting to mistake the latter as a good thing and overvaluing it. When you push just for the sake of pushing you may find yourself under what is called "overwhelming fire" where multiple enemies can plant far more shells into your fat hull than it can take, even if you have a full tanking build. Even a bow-on Kurfurst won't last long when it burns from stem to stern.

When you push into fights you can win or come under fire that you can sustain, that is effective aggression. Generally speaking, this involves wearing down the enemy from a neutral position or finding a hole in their formation that allows you to take out weaker enemies without coming under an overwhelming amount of fire, especially a crossfire. 

Second of all, if you are in a neutral second-line position in a battleship (which varies depending on situation but generally is with the cruisers but not quite on the front with the DDs or leading a charge) you may find yourself coming under varying amounts of fire as you stand out as the easiest target in a group. If you are able to position (a fundamental BB skill, by the way) this amount of damage will be very manageable. This is effective tanking. You draw fire away from your allies who might bring more utility to the team without losing your ability to fight.

Third of all, things go wrong. Sometimes you will push into or sail past an unknown enemy that turns out to be too much to bear. This is why you exercise due caution. Don't go into a situation you cannot get out of. Plan some means of escaping beforehand, be it letting a fire burn on deck while you retreat, then triggering your damage control when you're far away enough to go into stealth (14km works on my T10 BBs) or just ducking behind terrain that will block some or all enemy fire and make your situation more manageable.

I can't stress how much I hate a sub-45% win rate battleship that charges for the sake of charging, down a crossfired flank into impossible odds, then complains about a camping team or HE being overpowered. They're misled to think aggression is all people want to see and even may receive praise from the less capable community. While this is an extreme, I do hope you don't aim to be one of them.

Incredibly rude and shortsighted judgement. Try to play a kiting cruiser and see how difficult it actually is to output effective damage all the time.

When i say 2-3 mins into the game im talking about DD perhaps i should have been a bit clearer. Yes i hate it when you appear to be pushing a flank, but then your team abondons you leaving you as the headless chook running like mad only to be killed without being able to contribute. Ive played cruiser games too and had good games, i know what it is like to play a cruiser. My issue here is that with the current meta, the game feels broken, you can't effectively contribute to your team. Everyone has their own play style and judgement maybe you've been lucky though.

[CLAY]
2,834 posts
12,634 battles
2 minutes ago, PT_92NZ said:

When i say 2-3 mins into the game im talking about DD perhaps i should have been a bit clearer. Yes i hate it when you appear to be pushing a flank, but then your team abondons you leaving you as the headless chook running like mad only to be killed without being able to contribute. Ive played cruiser games too and had good games, i know what it is like to play a cruiser. My issue here is that with the current meta, the game feels broken, you can't effectively contribute to your team. Everyone has their own play style and judgement maybe you've been lucky though.

Well, we can only suggest strategies and ideas for how to improve your gameplay, we can't change the game mechanics, or the game meta.

Well, it's 'technically' possible to change the game meta, but practically impossible, as that would entail convincing every player to play by certain self enforced rules, manners, etiquette and the like. Such as CV players willingly deciding to not attack DDs. Or if all players decided not to use radar anymore to protest the radar meta.

Ignoring the fact that there is no way to communicate to all players to follow these self imposed rules, there will always be those (probably myself included, I'll take any advantage I can get) who ignor such rules in order to win.

So in conclusion, we can't change the game meta.

[RSM]
36 posts
5,195 battles
1 minute ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Well, we can only suggest strategies and ideas for how to improve your gameplay, we can't change the game mechanics, or the game meta.

Well, it's 'technically' possible to change the game meta, but practically impossible, as that would entail convincing every player to play by certain self enforced rules, manners, etiquette and the like. Such as CV players willingly deciding to not attack DDs. Or if all players decided not to use radar anymore to protest the radar meta.

Ignoring the fact that there is no way to communicate to all players to follow these self imposed rules, there will always be those (probably myself included, I'll take any advantage I can get) who ignor such rules in order to win.

So in conclusion, we can't change the game meta.

Thats for wargaming to decide I guess. 

Looks like ill have to set up a tent and go camping 👍

• Funny 1

[TLS]
4,181 posts
20,354 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Actually been like that forever. You know things are bad when a BB only uses HE even when he has a shot at broadside.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

4,863 posts
8,859 battles
Just now, dejiko_nyo said:

Actually been like that forever. You know things are bad when a BB only uses HE even when he has a shot at broadside.

I was in a game where a JB shot my GK with HE the whole match. I was like "Dude, you will deal more damage if you shoot AP".

He was also behind an island most of the time.

• Cool 2