You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LTD_FESS

Is there a way to choose a battle without CVs?

41 comments in this topic

18 posts
2,456 battles

Pretty much sums it up.  I have had an account for some time but never really put any effort into the game.  I have been playing this month and enjoy it but the CV dominance is not my thing.  Is there a filter I can set to choose battles without CVs?

[LBAS]
108 posts
7,265 battles

Only way is to play co-op as at the moment there are no enemy cv’s in that mode.

4,866 posts
8,859 battles

Short and long answer: No.

Edited by Paladinum

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,335 posts
11,143 battles

Space battles, clan battles and co-op battles are your only option. 

Having said that, I would suggest playing them so you can discover how they work, the US line will give you the best idea.  You may well enjoy them, and even if you don't it will give you a better appreciation of their weaknesses so you can play better against them.

• Cool 1

[ANZAF]
Beta Tester
76 posts
9,897 battles

If there was such an option everybody would be selecting it and CV's would only ever be able to play Co-Op battles :P

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,639 posts
7,755 battles
25 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

Tier 2.

But...……..ive just spent 100 Doubloons Speccing my Mikasa and captain for an AA build...……….Gahhhhh.

• Funny 8

[TDA]
Super Tester_
430 posts
10,631 battles

T1 mate. Lots of fun there.

• Funny 2

[LBAS]
1,552 posts

oh yeah~~~ tier 1-2 don't have CV

how can I forget this simplicity!!?

time to re-buy the ocean wind (Umikaze)

[CLAY]
2,836 posts
12,635 battles

There is no way to choose a battle without the possibilities of CVs*

That is what there are at least 3 threads arguing fruitlessly to make a CV and no CV mode.

Spoiler

Outside of T1 & T2, Co-Op (may by CV on your team, but none on enemy bot team), Scenarios, and certain temporary modes such as Clan Battle, Ranked and the Space Battles. And CB and ranked may have CVs if WG ever feel they are balanced enough. Co-Op and Scenarios will probably get CVs when WG figure out Bot CVs.

But T1 & T2 should always be safe.

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,973 posts
5 hours ago, LTD_FESS said:

Is there a filter I can set to choose battles without CVs?

*WG*

tenor.gif?itemid=3521233

[SMOKE]
2,020 posts
16,233 battles

Again the motto, if WG made it so that its unplayable for many, then stop playing or play only low low-mid tier ... this tell WG that the said changes is not welcomed ( or more precisely not working, and need to be addressed ) and until they address it in full ... play Co-op, Play Operaion, Play Space Battle , just don;t care about Random

18 posts
2,456 battles

ok thanks for the replies.  Will prob stay in tier 1 and 2 for most of the time

[LBAS]
1,552 posts
18 hours ago, PGM991 said:

oh yeah~~~ tier 1-2 don't have CV

how can I forget this simplicity!!?

time to re-buy the ocean wind (Umikaze)

bad-ass Umikaze

shot-19_04.20_11_50.42-0147.thumb.jpg.afcc3ba108443b5121e42db7a21ef6a9.jpg

no cheat program radar

no balance beaker CV

I equip my Umikaze with 'Torpedo Acceleration' skill.

show up face to face, no stealth torp

Edited by PGM991

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
283 posts
7,815 battles

Na if people were given a choice, play with CV's, don't play with CV's, the CV players wouldn't get a game, it's something they fear and so ridicule all the time when it comes up.

I comes up A LOT,  becuase its something A LOT of people would like :) 

Plus this IS Soviet Russia, you WILL play as we tell you to play, WITH the people we tell you to play with.  

I was watching a Flamu vid on youtube earlier today, he put up a straw survey asking people:

When you have a CV game does it make your game experience:

Much Better

Slightly Better

Neutral

Slightly worse

Much Worse

Its only had 8,172 people vote, with results in order as above of 6%, 8%, 12%, 21%, and 53% so majority says MUCH WORSE :) Not really surprising lol. 

BUT it is only one poll and while its kinda obvious that the majority of players would like to see CV numbers at least reduced not 2 in every god dam game below T10, it can't happen as the CV players wouldn't get a game.

We must remember that we ARE only playing to act as fodder and fun for the mighty CV players, their requirements come first, mainly because atm WGing are making the most money from them, premiums, containers etc. :)

In Soviet Russia long term isn't something they ever really look at, look at their road rage videos, your lucky to make it to 30 :) So planning for the long term isn't really needed or considered, obviously :)

EDIT: here is a link to the survey, not sure if this is allowed? please remove and feel free to beat me bloody if this is bad Soloun :) 

https://www.strawpoll.me/17702395/r

Just on the off chance anyone would like to vote :) It means nothing but is fun to look at and perhaps even consider that it might have some truth to it, the results I mean :)

Edited by Soloun

[TLS]
231 posts
7,831 battles
16 minutes ago, Soloun said:

Na if people were given a choice, play with CV's, don't play with CV's, the CV players wouldn't get a game, it's something they fear and so ridicule all the time when it comes up.

I comes up A LOT,  becuase its something A LOT of people would like 🙂

Plus this IS Soviet Russia, you WILL play as we tell you to play, WITH the people we tell you to play with.  

I was watching a Flamu vid on youtube earlier today, he put up a straw survey asking people:

When you have a CV game does it make your game experience:

Much Better

Slightly Better

Neutral

Slightly worse

Much Worse

Its only had 8,172 people vote, with results in order as above of 6%, 8%, 12%, 21%, and 53% so majority says MUCH WORSE 🙂 Not really surprising lol. 

BUT it is only one poll and while its kinda obvious that the majority of players would like to see CV numbers at least reduced not 2 in every god dam game below T10, it can't happen as the CV players wouldn't get a game.

We must remember that we ARE only playing to act as fodder and fun for the mighty CV players, their requirements come first, mainly because atm WGing are making the most money from them, premiums, containers etc. 🙂

In Soviet Russia long term isn't something they ever really look at, look at their road rage videos, your lucky to make it to 30 🙂 So planning for the long term isn't really needed or considered, obviously 🙂

EDIT: here is a link to the survey, not sure if this is allowed? please remove and feel free to beat me bloody if this is bad Soloun 🙂

https://www.strawpoll.me/17702395/r

Just on the off chance anyone would like to vote 🙂 It means nothing but is fun to look at and perhaps even consider that it might have some truth to it, the results I mean 🙂

Buddy, u should look into this thread where most of us discuss on this poll by Flamu. Which btw is really bias so for the sake of argument, go read it and you will know why it *unreliable* 

[TLS]
231 posts
7,831 battles
19 minutes ago, Soloun said:

We must remember that we ARE only playing to act as fodder and fun for the mighty CV players, their requirements come first, mainly because atm WGing are making the most money from them, premiums, containers etc. 🙂

also i'm not really feel Cv is all mighty and game-changer like it used to be so to add *cv allmighty* is so bias and kinda crap toward the Cv players after the re-work.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,639 posts
7,755 battles
4 hours ago, PGM991 said:

bad-ass Umikaze

shot-19_04.20_11_50.42-0147.thumb.jpg.afcc3ba108443b5121e42db7a21ef6a9.jpg

no cheat program radar

no balance beaker CV

I equip my Umikaze with 'Torpedo Acceleration' skill.

show up face to face, no stealth torp

An oldie but a goodie

shot-16.07.01_19.59.32-0092.jpg

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
283 posts
7,815 battles
3 hours ago, appoclyse said:

Buddy, u should look into this thread where most of us discuss on this poll by Flamu. Which btw is really bias so for the sake of argument, go read it and you will know why it *unreliable* 

I said it didn't really mean much "buddy" :)

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
283 posts
7,815 battles
3 hours ago, appoclyse said:

also i'm not really feel Cv is all mighty and game-changer like it used to be so to add *cv allmighty* is so bias and kinda crap toward the Cv players after the re-work.

If its not a game changer like it used to be why are there always 4 still alive at the end of lower tier matches? I'm leveling French cruisers, am at T8 and every game has 4 CV, at the end there are still 4 CV's, the longer you live the more you affect on the outcome of the match. In those games you are spotted almost constantly by planes, it is over the top, OP and completely unbalanced. 

I just played a T10 match in my Mino with 1 CV, it was a decent game, little spotting but enough to make me careful, and some plane dmg, but the overall impact was reduced. It almost felt like a GOOD balance, granted probably not for the poor T8's in that match. 4 in a match especially at lower tiers is 2 to many. IMO. 

Edited by Soloun

[TLS]
231 posts
7,831 battles

the whole CV still alive at the end of the match is because they are the back-liner support like IRL so why that bother you ?

Of course the longer the match, the more effectiveness Cv can bring in but if , and i said a really big IF is the team play objective well then Cv can still help to end the fight for big victory.

I said this because i experienced the CV play and what they can bring to the table. 

Of course it really frustrating to see double CV but remember this still Premium Cv sell period so this pop up frequently is not new. Also dude, i said about that post to show why the poll you talked about really bias and toward the person make the poll : Flamu and the reason behind why it's not reliable but for fun sure. So always take comment with a pinch of salt. 

[FORCE]
2,434 posts
12,277 battles
3 hours ago, Soloun said:

If its not a game changer like it used to be why are there always 4 still alive at the end of lower tier matches? 

In those games you are spotted almost constantly by planes, it is over the top, OP and completely unbalanced. 

I just played a T10 match in my Mino with 1 CV, it was a decent game, little spotting but enough to make me careful, and some plane dmg, but the overall impact was reduced. It almost felt like a GOOD balance, granted probably not for the poor T8's in that match. 4 in a match especially at lower tiers is 2 to many. IMO. 

It is normal for CV to stay alive at the end of the match, far more normal than both DD & BB.

Before rework, you could spot almost anyone else if you play the IJN torpboats. This imbalance put a lot of hurt to the Russian & German DDs since these IJN torpboats outspot them from miles away. After rework, everyone is equal. Especially if the radar cruiser in your team is a derp.

The whole T8 vs T10 problem applies on all classes since Obama was still the president. Lexington vs Mino/Wooster, Monarch vs Yamato, Hipper vs Zao, Lightning/Kiev/Udaloi/Z-23 vs Shima/Harugumo, etc. It is more of a problem with MM rather than the "Cv iS BaD" problem.

[MRI]
3,608 posts
15,477 battles
4 hours ago, Soloun said:

If its not a game changer like it used to be why are there always 4 still alive at the end of lower tier matches?

This is not the first time I have seen you bringing this up. 

What does staying alive have to do with being a game changer?

I mean we have all seen those players who survived to the end of the match by camping at the back. That doesn't mean they are effective.

CVs tend to stay alive because they are not frontline fighters. Plain and simple.

4,866 posts
8,859 battles
4 hours ago, Soloun said:

There are a lot of non-CV ships survive at the end of matches too. And they are 99% vulnerable to return fire (and strike aircrafts, of course). Why don't you bring that up?

13 posts
6,438 battles

Is WOW going to fix the historical inaccuracies of the CV's? I'm pretty sure rockets were not in use on all CVs and i'm sure the Japs did have them hanging off their Zeroes. Also biplanes with rockets as well. WOW has pretty much fucked this game.