Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
conquisador21

ARP Captains

16 comments in this topic

32 posts
747 battles

I just noticed that I have ARP captains Kirishima and Iona. Do they come with their repective ships ? (Arp Kirishima) if so, why I don't have it? (except Iona, she's a sub).

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,648 posts
7,803 battles

I'm pretty sure they were extra captains that came with the ARP garbage.    I've got 6 ARP ships and 8 ARP captains rotting in port lol

[SMOKE]
2,063 posts
16,322 battles

I am sure that was some kind of reward for Combat Mission then ...

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,648 posts
7,803 battles
5 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

I am sure that was some kind of reward for Combat Mission then ...

I think youre right.     The only one that came (after ARP finished) with a ship was that cat that came with the Mikasa

4,947 posts
8,867 battles

WoWS HAD a colab with ARP anime back in late 2016/early 2017. The anime ended, so the colab ended as well. One of the best (being the earliest) colabs I've seen for this game. A lot of freebies you could earn.

ALL of the following could be earned via in-game missions:

4 Kongo-class BB and their captains

4 Myoko-class CA and their captains

ARP Takao and her captain (best girl)

3 more captains: Gunzo Chiyaha, Iona and Teddy Bear version of Kirishima

Some of the captains had 6, 10 and 12-point versions. Not sure about this.

The anime has a pretty garbage story, the manga (the source material) is still going on and has a much more interesting story and characters. And of course a whole bunch of ships/camos that I want to see in WoWS. Maya 1944 is a ship that needs to be in WoWS.

Oh, BTW, the concept of mental models is far superior than kanmusu (what tf are they? Are they ships or are they girls?), aka Kancolle, Azure Lane, Warship Girls.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,848 posts
12,682 battles
30 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WoWS HAD a colab with ARP anime back in late 2016/early 2017. The anime ended, so the colab ended as well. One of the best (being the earliest) colabs I've seen for this game. A lot of freebies you could earn.

ALL of the following could be earned via in-game missions:

4 Kongo-class BB and their captains

4 Myoko-class CA and their captains

ARP Takao and her captain (best girl)

3 more captains: Gunzo Chiyaha, Iona and Teddy Bear version of Kirishima

Some of the captains had 6, 10 and 12-point versions. Not sure about this.

The anime has a pretty garbage story, the manga (the source material) is still going on and has a much more interesting story and characters. And of course a whole bunch of ships/camos that I want to see in WoWS. Maya 1944 is a ship that needs to be in WoWS.

Oh, BTW, the concept of mental models is far superior than kanmusu (what tf are they? Are they ships or are they girls?), aka Kancolle, Azure Lane, Warship Girls.

Agreed. The metal models make a lot more sense than the ship girls. The fact that you can have regular ships with regular crews alongside them means fewer WTF questions. With the ship girls... are there any regular humans in those media? Would you ever have a normal ship fighting a ship girl? How powerful are their guns really when they’re scaled down to girl size?

Its a pet peeve of mine when anime’s create a condensed version of a manga into 12 episodes and basically make up half the story in order to fit the timeframe.

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,991 posts
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I'm pretty sure they were extra captains that came with the ARP garbage.    I've got 6 ARP ships and 8 ARP captains rotting in port lol

I'm the same.

ARP =

tenor.gif?itemid=10784047

• Funny 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,648 posts
7,803 battles
1 minute ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

I'm the same.

ARP =

tenor.gif?itemid=10784047

I was always wild and angry about it before but once they gave us the ability to disable it I was much calmer.   Now they are just IJN ships I don't play.

4,947 posts
8,867 battles
4 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Agreed. The metal models make a lot more sense than the ship girls. The fact that you can have regular ships with regular crews alongside them means fewer WTF questions. With the ship girls... are there any regular humans in those media? Would you ever have a normal ship fighting a ship girl? How powerful are their guns really when they’re scaled down to girl size?

Its a pet peeve of mine when anime’s create a condensed version of a manga into 12 episodes and basically make up half the story in order to fit the timeframe.

One of the explanations is "kanmusu are girls with warship's souls"

They WAT???

6 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I'm pretty sure they were extra captains that came with the ARP garbage

*triggered* 

4,947 posts
8,867 battles
39 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Lol

I'm a proud ARP weeb (only for the manga, as stated before). 

At least freemium chaps like meself can have a poor man's Atago to play with. Takao is not a clone of a tech tree ship, even better. She may need a buff or 2 though.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,648 posts
7,803 battles
27 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

At least freemium chaps like meself can have a poor man's Atago to play with. Takao is not a clone of a tech tree ship, even better. She may need a buff or 2 though

I was probably one of the most rabid haters of ARP here, but once they gave the option to disable the camo/voice/captains, they were fine.  I just don't really play the IJN ships much.    The Takao and the Atago B both sit in port and probably have less than 20 games between them but they are still very very good ships.

[CLAY]
2,848 posts
12,682 battles
28 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I'm a proud ARP weeb (only for the manga, as stated before). 

At least freemium chaps like meself can have a poor man's Atago to play with. Takao is not a clone of a tech tree ship, even better. She may need a buff or 2 though.

I would have loved Takao, unfortunately, I started playing around the end of this crossover, was only able to get 4 Kongo clones and 2 Myoko clones.

[MRI]
3,621 posts
15,546 battles
5 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

With the ship girls... are there any regular humans in those media? Would you ever have a normal ship fighting a ship girl? How powerful are their guns really when they’re scaled down to girl size? 

I don't know about Azur Lane because I don't play it and have no interest in it, but for Kancolle:

1) Yes, there are regular humans, there are just offscreen. The admiral (your player character) is probably one.

2) You probably could, but it would be pointless to do so. The reason shipgirls are needed is because the enemies they face, the Abyssals, are hinted to be supernatural in nature, which is why conventional human weapons don't work against them. You don't get rid of a ghost by shooting it with a gun after all, you call an exorcist. The same probably applies to using human weapons against shipgirls.

3) You mean normal ship guns? Probably not powerful, due to the above.

1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

One of the explanations is "kanmusu are girls with warship's souls"

They WAT???

That is because those games are from Japan. Japan has Shintoism, and iirc part of that belief is that all objects have souls, just like how many other religions believe that all humans have souls.

As for whether the girls are human girls being possessed or not human at all, that is one of the things that has been answered by the devs, probably because they want the fanbase to come up with their own interpretations.

4,947 posts
8,867 battles

A favorable match in Takao: top tier, pretty tight friendly team, horrible enemy team. The enemy Shokaku probably didn't even know how to move the ship while controlling planes.

And of course, that plane kill is why Maya 1944 needs to be in the game :Smile_trollface:

shot-19_04.18_19_34.48-0280.thumb.jpg.0bbcd66e95641db67f1895a7692635e1.jpg

shot-19_04.18_19_34.54-0981.thumb.jpg.a5c89cc76d87627286f5b5d47ceda91e.jpg

[CLAY]
2,848 posts
12,682 battles
47 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

1) Yes, there are regular humans, there are just offscreen. The admiral (your player character) is probably one.

2) You probably could, but it would be pointless to do so. The reason shipgirls are needed is because the enemies they face, the Abyssals, are hinted to be supernatural in nature, which is why conventional human weapons don't work against them. You don't get rid of a ghost by shooting it with a gun after all, you call an exorcist. The same probably applies to using human weapons against shipgirls.

3) You mean normal ship guns? Probably not powerful, due to the above.

That makes some sort of sense anyway. I've only watched the anime, and it doesn't really have that much background in it.

Sign in to follow this