You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Diamunds

Losing Streak

15 comments in this topic

1 post
261 battles

Before I get flamed with being bad I wanna state that I would consider myself a pretty decent Ryujo player doing at least 50K Damage every game but then I can't seem to win any matches in PVP as my teammates would always go in to battle turning boardside, overextending or just allowing themselves to take unnecessary damage leading to them sinking in the first few minutes often leading to a loss as I can't seem to play every round knowing my team would lose just by looking at how my teammates are engaging, health, location and ship type. What do I do now? Because I'm pretty sure I can't fix other people.

[R0GUE]
297 posts
8,790 battles

It happens to all of us at some point, and CV have absolutely no way to play objective. Unlike some people's misconceptions.

It can only rely on teammates to play objective correctly. 

So, only thing that you can do is try to deal as much damage to enemies team as possible and hopefully you out damage their CV to increase the odds of winning.

If you can div with someone who can play objective, you will also increase the odds of winning dramatically.

Edited by sunlo2013

60 posts
4,323 battles

Your stuffed like most players. Lose lose lose and no matter what you do you lose and you cant control other players. Most of the time the game is already over with the Matchmaking. Ive been noting down the total battle experience and the Win/Loss ratio of both sides and 50% of my games i have the highest ratio of 47% and everyone else is scattered from 30-47. Also the battle experience is so lopsided with one side at 25k and others over 50k difference. Try other ships or tiers and if that dont work go play a different game.

830 posts
7,249 battles

I have no idea how you play, so take any suggestions with a grain of salt, you’re probably already doing it.

All I can suggest, apart from out damaging enemy CV, is to play more tactically.

Light up enemy ships for allies to shoot, pester DDs, target low health and weak ships, force enemy ships out of cover and drive them broadside to your allies.

You may lose individual XP and damage, but gain a tactical advantage, which may lead to winning

...Of course, this is still dependent on your allies actually taking advantage of the opportunities. If you are saddled with allies that don’t use the opportunities you give them, it’s more profitable to just play for yourself and cause as much damage as possible.

This is all from the view of a non cv player though, but this thing is kinda universal. I don’t know how many times I’ve been playing ok, my flank has been pushing, capping a few bases, sinking some ships, and I look up and we’re losing because the other flank has fallen.

In times of multiple losses, take a break from the game, or try another mode, killing bots in co op is very therapeutic, Ops if you want more of a challenge, or, at the moment, try the torpedo beat mini game.

257 posts
6,780 battles

I feel ya mate, I'm currently on a massive losing streak too, doesn't matter what I do or what ship I take it's not enough. So I'm just not spending much time in game. I jump on for clan battles because at least I know what my team is like going into battle for that. Otherwise I just suggest what everybody else has already said, take a break, play another game, come back in a week and see how things go then

281 posts
3,612 battles

Yeah mate, it happens. i usually take a break from wows, play other games or still play wows but play lower tier where you can still have fun lol.

To be fair, for me it happens the other way around too. One time I play mogami and got a 10 winning streak, no matter what I do in a battle I still bag a win.

8 posts
797 battles

Anyway, Matchmaker's RNG is already confirm that you're Victory or Defeat. For myself, I playing with Tier VIII Shokaku, and I losing like 9~10 Stright Streaks, even I doing at least around 70K damages(max. 120K damages in a match) per every battles.

Because Matchmaker keep giving a team that Average win Ratio like 38%~43%, when the opponent teams Average win Ratio is 48%~52%... In the matching, I'm already lose because RNG at all.

52 posts
6,786 battles

Win ratio only makes sense if the certain player has bagged a lot battles under their belt. I mean the win ratio can be skewed easily for newer players.

Example:

Player "A" has 49% winrate for 1000 battles he/she plays, which means he/she wins 490 & losses 510 battles. And if he/she can win more on the next battles without losing too much, his/her winrate can go pass 50% in no time.

My winrate is 50,1% with over 5600 random battles, and I also get the same bad streak sometimes. But because I've been here for ages, losing 5 or even 10 battles in a row will not drag down my winrate too much. My lowest was 48,4% but that was because I had no idea how to deal with the newly-released HE spammers like Worcester. And I still call myself an average player because my win & loss are still determined by the other 11 players in my team.

I second the others' advice to take a break. The more you get worn out, the more difficult the game is.