Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
odski70

Anyone know the best way to tech out German IX and X BB

19 comments in this topic

9 posts
3,048 battles

Hi All,

Newbie who's been getting right into my German BBs. Is there a thread that anyone knows about that can answer my question? Thanks in advance.

1,035 posts
5,685 battles

I don't consider myself a good player at this game, so PLEASE take all of these with a grain of salt.

General playstyle for both ships: early in the match, use main guns, expose yourself to activate AR. In this phase, you can use HE, but NOT recommended. Later, stick with allied ship and play fire support. If a capping opportunity appears, support any friendly in the cap with secondary and Hydro. Always aim at enemy's broadside, if they are bow-on, try to knock out their main guns. ALWAYS remember to set your secondary guns' target!!!

For FdG: research and mount Hull B ASAP. Forget your FCS B even exist.

Consumables: DON'T use Spotter Planes.

Captain skills: https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=9,12,17,18,23,26&ship=Battleship

Upgrades: 

+ Slot 1: Main Armaments Modification 1 -OR- Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1

+ Slot 2: Damage Control System Modification 1

+ Slot 3: Secondary Battery Modification 1

+ Slot 4: Damage Control System Modification 2

+ Slot 5: Concealment System Modification 1

+ Slot 6: Main Battery Modification 3

For GK: please consider reading this thread (and the comments) I posted.

Same everything, except the upgrade in Slot 6, which is Gun Fire Control System Modification 2.  Of course Main Battery Modification 3 works great as well.

Edited by Paladinum

838 posts
7,273 battles
1 hour ago, j0e90 said:

I wonder if the OP was actually asking for advice on module selection/captain builds?

If not , well it's like Ralph said.

That’s what I interpreted it as.

This is the build I used for FDG, which in now on my GK. Full secondaries.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,9,18,23,26,28,33&ship=Battleship

Auxiliary Armaments mod1

Damage Control System mod1

Secondary Battery mod1

Damage Control System mod2

Concealment System mod1

Secondary Battery mod2

This is an... ‘all or nothing’ secondary build. Focused on secondary guns, not so much on survival.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

795 posts
8,319 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Fire is nothing when you already have 4 blazing on your ship :Smile_trollface:

well, I actually kinda agree with this XD 

In GK, I need something to deter DD from closing on me, a source of damage output when my main guns failed to do any (e.g bow on BBs) and a poll to lift my.. bal... cough cough, courage when I push into the enemy's line XD. Thus secondaries build is crucial for me. FP will waste 4 precious points.

I don't really push when playing with other BBs like montana or Yamato, at least not as hard as I do with GK.

1,035 posts
5,685 battles
Just now, mr_glitchy_R said:

Conqueror is one reason why I always stays back even with German BB. And now WG is trying to buff that abomination

Tell me about it. I understand the OP Heal but the stupid 12 419mm napalm guns is just plain unfair.

The ship can do just fine with that range and 8 457 mm guns (with big fire chance nerf, small reload buff and standard AP fuse timer).

1,305 posts
7 hours ago, odski70 said:

Hi All,

Newbie who's been getting right into my German BBs. Is there a thread that anyone knows about that can answer my question? Thanks in advance.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=2,3,12,14,17,18,23&ship=Battleship

these would be the skills for the start.

Then as in for game play try to stay far from HE spamming ships like for example Worcester try to stay away from it.. and push when your hydro is in use and retreat when it is on cool down. Optimal range would be at 11kms-15kms at start of the game then mid game start pushing that's where these ships start showing strength..

Most importantly always be on the move never sit in one position and always angle to BBs. You might not take citadels often but you will take penetration damage from Battleship's AP..

As in for consumables take ruddershift, concealment, damage con, aiming mod. Also spotter is kinda useless on FDG because of the random dispersion.. but you can take spotter on GK.

hope this helps.. but as it is CV meta so idk as per captain skills you can go for anti AA but for me German Battleships are made to tank damage rather than being Anti AA platforms and they have weak AA.

524 posts
4,879 battles
52 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Tell me about it. I understand the OP Heal but the stupid 12 419mm napalm guns is just plain unfair.

The ship can do just fine with that range and 8 457 mm guns (with big fire chance nerf, small reload buff and standard AP fuse timer).

WG do raise the citadel as the sign of nerf. But they made a compensation for that nerf. Such as the heal buff and accuracy buff. AFAIK this is the only ship that receive a compensation for being nerfed.

1,035 posts
5,685 battles
8 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

WG do raise the citadel as the sign of nerf. But they made a compensation for that nerf. Such as the heal buff and accuracy buff. AFAIK this is the only ship that receive a compensation for being nerfed.

That ship doesn't need a survivability nerf, she needs a firepower nerf.

795 posts
8,319 battles
9 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Conqueror is one reason why I always stays back even with German BB. And now WG is trying to buff that abomination

Well, German (ships) always hate British (ships) 😛

well, yeah conqueror really deter me in GK for pushing too. I would keep on asking teammates for help to try to take out that abomination.

8 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

That... I think include Hindenburg and Roon. Gun reload nerf followed by extra repair party. But frankly I really miss the reload. From a knife fighter (which I preferred) to mid range support vessel, to a long range, HE spamming it is. Yeah I still try to push up when there is not much of BBs looking at me, at least I can still repair the damage absorbed more efficiently.

795 posts
8,319 battles
5 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

That ship doesn't need a survivability nerf, she needs a firepower nerf.

That I agree. Conqueror firepower is very frustrating to deal with. There is no effective way to reduce taking damage from Conqueror HE shell spamming other than stay concealed, or she has other better target to shoot at.

Unfortunately GK can be seen from the moon and he is so huge, good for long range target practice XD

Edited by Darkworld_2015

Sign in to follow this