Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grygus_Triss

Need More T6 Premiums

26 comments in this topic

838 posts
7,263 battles

So, until WG figure out CV bots, we're stuck with 3 weeks of T6 operations to 1 week of T7.

However, I noticed that there are still some gaps at Tier 6 where there is no premium ship for the nation/type combination, as per below.

So WG, please take a break from making more T9&10 freemiums, and fill in the gaps. Japan, USA & UK need premium T6 cruisers, and Russia needs a T6 DD.

1648645893_T6Ships.PNG.4b93db7d68e4506a0cb6ab4ed848aa32.PNG

Seriously, you give US and Japan ANOTHER T9 freemium, but no t6 premium? what's up with that?

Oh, I haven't been paying attention to dev blogs, so if there are premium ships on the way that fill these gaps, please correct me.

Spoiler

*Except CVs, not interested in grinding them at the moment.

And yes, I know there are NO T6 premium CVs anyway, but I still don't care.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

1,034 posts
5,681 battles
10 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Oh, I haven't been paying attention to dev blogs, so if there are premium ships on the way that fill these gaps, please correct me.

WeeGee: "No T6 premium for ya" :Smile_trollface: (beside Leone, which is still in Testing)

And since I'm a freemium player, I care mostly about tech tree ships and their prem camos :Smile_hiding: With all the shenanigans happening lately, I dare not spend real money in this game.

Edited by Paladinum

1,184 posts
7,865 battles

does

10 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Seriously, you give US and Japan ANOTHER T9 freemium, but no t6 premium? what's up with that?

They plan IJN Yahagi, I forgot was it was T6 or T5 ? 

1,789 posts
19 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WeeGee: "No T6 premium for ya" :Smile_trollface: (beside Leone, which is still in Testing)

Can't they find another bloody name?  We already have Lion, Lyon.... Sick of all the duplicate names (looking at you St Louis / Saint Louis, Lion / Lyon)

Pick another name....

1,034 posts
5,681 battles
35 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Can't they find another bloody name?  We already have Lion, Lyon.... Sick of all the duplicate names (looking at you St Louis / Saint Louis, Lion / Lyon)

Pick another name....

Saint-Louis and St. Louis can be confusing, both phonetically and in spelling, but Lion and Lyon pronounce very differently.

Leone, on the other hand, is an Italian word, so it is pronounces in Italian way with 3 separate syllables.

Don't be so rough on largely trivial things like names... Lion and Lyon were real designs, so it's mostly easier for WeeGee to find specifications for in-game models and stats. And as the names were historically chosen, why bother choosing another name? It isn't like mostly fictitious designs like Republique which was named "France" by WeeGee, then changed because players didn't like it and WeeGee can freely change it.

French project C5 was officially named "Saint-Louis"-class so no avoiding that name either. BTW The names Charles Martel and Henri IV were also chosen for ships of that class (this reflected in-game as names for the T8 and T10). Same goes to Lion/Conqueror.

Edited by Paladinum

838 posts
7,263 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Saint-Louis and St. Louis can be confusing, both phonetically and in spelling, but Lion and Lyon pronounce very differently.

Leone, on the other hand, is an Italian word, so it is pronounces in Italian way with 3 separate syllables.

Don't be so rough on largely trivial things like names... Lion and Lyon were real designs, so it's mostly easier for WeeGee to find specifications for in-game models and stats. And as the names were historically chosen, why bother choosing another name? It isn't like mostly fictitious designs like Republique which was named "France" by WeeGee, then changed because players didn't like it and WeeGee can freely change it.

French project C5 was officially named "Saint-Louis"-class so no avoiding that name either. BTW The names Charles Martel and Henri IV were also chosen for ships of that class (this reflected in-game as names for the T8 and T10). Same goes to Lion/Conqueror.

St Louis and Saint-Louis are pronounced very differently as well

St. Louis is Saint Loo-iss

Saint-Louis is San Loo-ee.

Whos weirder, French who name stuff weird, or Americans who take the French name and butcher it to name their own stuff?

1,034 posts
5,681 battles
12 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Whos weirder, French who name stuff weird, or Americans who take the French name and butcher it to name their own stuff?

Not just French words. Aaaaaaaaaaand the ones who started that were the British and the pronunciation mess known as "the English language"

838 posts
7,263 battles
24 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

And of course you remind me that Germany still hasn't had a Free xp/Arsenal ship yet. Of any tier.

Right, next time I'm bored, I'll make a table clearly showing where WG have and haven't put freemium ships.

1,034 posts
5,681 battles
48 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Was hoping Yahagi would be a Tier 6 but it is a Tier 5 instead. Oh well. :Smile_sad:

Not T6 material, T5,5 max. Only thanks to the really ungodly amount of torp tubes. Guns are horrible.

Ooyodo is even more horrid...

5 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Right, next time I'm bored, I'll make a table clearly showing where WG have and haven't put freemium ships.

That will take you about a year and a half I think.

Edited by Paladinum

57 posts
6,811 battles
2 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Pick another name....

Lion is named after the National Symbol of the UK (even the blueprint is exactly the Lion-class BB)

Lyon is named after a city in France

St. Louis is named after a city in Missouri, USA (the city was formerly a part of the French Louisiana)

Saint Louis is named after the blueprint it is based from, the Saint Louis-class CA (fun fact: Charles Martel & Henri IV are the other designated names of the ships of this class)

I'm honestly surprised they named the T9 IJN BB "Izumo" because the real Izumo served as an armored cruiser till the end of the war, which is rather odd to name another ship with the same name.

Another surprising name is the T10 German CA "Hindenburg". The real Hindenburg was a staunch opponent of the "mustache guy" and WG named a cruiser that served the "mustache guy's navy" in alternate universe. That poor guy would backflip in his grave.

Edited by Sir_Feather

838 posts
7,263 battles
12 hours ago, Mechfori said:

or we should really have operation that use T4, T5, T8 & T9 ships .. sorry one do not need premium ships to play operations ... its a want , not a need

I’d be happy with more T7, T8 &T9 operations that allow all nations.

And while you don’t need premium ships to play operations, I want premium ships because I want to grind captains for higher tier ships. Yes, I could put 19pt captains on my T6 tech tree ships and use elite captain XP to boost those other captains. But that defeats the point as I only have 1 19 pt captain at the moment, and he’s best left on a high tier tech tree ship.

However, Since that ship is Yamato, I suppose I could buy Mutsu and throw my Yamato captain on that for ops. But i’m a multi type captain, and continually doing ops with the same ship, or ship type over and over again gets boring. Mostly, I’d like to see a T6 UK cruiser I could use for ops, or a premium German CL. Graf Spee is interesting and capable, but slow rate of fire and small number of guns limit it’s usefulness in some Ops.

Or maybe this whole thread was an excuse to make a table... I’m a strange person.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

1,034 posts
5,681 battles
1 hour ago, Otago_F111 said:

The Shinonome is a reward for finishing the Honorable service campaign, pretty sure it cant be bought?

The ship has been there for over a year... Pretty sure Grygus has her in Port already

838 posts
7,263 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

The ship has been there for over a year... Pretty sure Grygus has her in Port already

Yes I do, and I’m pretty sure she is occasionally available in the shop. And I avoid taking her into ops and I’m not sure how effective she would be, especially with me captaining her.

25 posts
5,043 battles

I think WG should introduce more tier 7 Op like Narai, which btw our clan quite enjoy every time we have enough members ( do the 5 persons is quite fun and challenging ) and it create good habit as every person know what and how to deal specific task. Now only Narai is good for grinding painful tier 7 since most of the time all my tier 7 lacking range and firepower over -2/+2 MM and when you see Musashi 6 out of 10 time. It's quite tired some to even grind tier 7, so for once WarGaming, make more Op so we can leave the *unhealthy Random and coop for once*.

Sign in to follow this