You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
H_Doujinshi

The dark side of lootboxes. AKA what you ACTUALLY should expect from aviation containers. 45 samples.

23 comments in this topic

645 posts
6,575 battles

I get it, people always like to post if they get lucky.  But you really should know that for every 1 post of someone getting something, 9 people doesn't. Just a simple reminder that it is lootboxes after all and it's not a guaranteed good deal.

MZyXD89.png

NJv4xRv.jpg

1,261 posts
5,789 battles

it's your call.

for someone who spent buttload of money in pulling 5 star servant (fgo) from pool of 1% and 0.2% chance to get exactly what I want.........

I can't criticised you in this matter. 😅

1,789 posts

Its like buying some scratches... No one is making you buy them.... If you win something, good for you... If you've lose...  TS you bought them LOLOL

Ordrazz

Alpha Tester
899 posts
3,219 battles

The sycophant endorsers are kinda advertising for WG with their "good luck" wins from loot boxes though, and well with us being human beings, it gives false hope.

Most of those who negate the arguments of the "losers" of "luck" tend to be those who thrive off the money pumped into the game by the "losers".

1,653 posts
10,229 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The only losers from loot boxes are the people who think they will win

As the saying goes, house always wins.

341 posts
18,602 battles

no surprises there. Everyone in my clan bought 5 containers got at least 1 CV  out of them except for the one  person me the person who actually plays CVs and has heavily since the rework.

Irony don't ya just love it:Smile_trollface:

Edited by Moganite

795 posts
8,319 battles

I was one of those who were really hyped about Graf Zappelin when it first tested but disappointed when she first came out. Having said so I didn't play CV back in RTS version of it, and now I still can't really master (and no time to put in) CV, I guess I will stay away from current batch of containers for now.

Super Tester
4,300 posts
4,866 battles
On 4/16/2019 at 9:30 PM, Muds_Revenge said:

The sycophant endorsers are kinda advertising for WG with their "good luck" wins from loot boxes though, and well with us being human beings, it gives false hope.

Most of those who negate the arguments of the "losers" of "luck" tend to be those who thrive off the money pumped into the game by the "losers".

Its human nature to show off a win.  Since time stood still we all know that this is just luck.  WG even says people may not win, yet people plow a ton of money into it, get nothing then go on salty rants about everything.  Maybe a better term than loser is "self proclaimed victims"   Knowing an outcome may not happen then blaming the world that the best result didn't eventuate is what these people do.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:35 PM, Thyaliad said:

As the saying goes, house always wins.

I can attest to that having worked in the gambling industry for some time.   I had weeks where I lost a bit or broke even, but essentially I made a profit every week.  Week in and week out.     Every week people would throw money at me in the belief that they were going to "stick it to the man".  There were reasons why betting on things with high odds doesn't pay off.  Its normally because they very rarely win.

174 posts
3,938 battles
20 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Its human nature to show off a win.  Since time stood still we all know that this is just luck.  WG even says people may not win, yet people plow a ton of money into it, get nothing then go on salty rants about everything.  Maybe a better term than loser is "self proclaimed victims"   Knowing an outcome may not happen then blaming the world that the best result didn't eventuate is what these people do.

I can attest to that having worked in the gambling industry for some time.   I had weeks where I lost a bit or broke even, but essentially I made a profit every week.  Week in and week out.     Every week people would throw money at me in the belief that they were going to "stick it to the man".  There were reasons why betting on things with high odds doesn't pay off.  Its normally because they very rarely win.

Same with horse racing Ralph, I been to the track maybe 4 times, and good old RNG does play its part (in the guile of my wife). picked 3 horses coz I couldn't decide, then the Mrs goes "I like that Grey one". form... absolute :etc_swear: , 3 legs and could only see out of one eye, but she insisted.

Was paying near a hundred for a place... boxed the four, and walked out with just under 20K, what a day, and never been back since.

Super Tester
4,300 posts
4,866 battles
2 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

Same with horse racing Ralph

That's what I did mate.

The long odds were a rare win and that's where you copped a hit if they actually won.

But while we are rubbing in some salt.

shot-19.04.18_13.35.22-0390.jpg

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

[LBAS]
80 posts
5,375 battles

I've known a couple people that love betting on the ponies.  They will always tell you about that big win they had, never ask them to work out how much they have spent over the many years.

I purchased x5 got flags and the only CV i wanted.

Graf.png

Super Tester
4,300 posts
4,866 battles
32 minutes ago, Griefmaker said:

I've known a couple people that love betting on the ponies.  They will always tell you about that big win they had, never ask them to work out how much they have spent over the many years

Correct mate.  No gambler will ever tell you how much they have lost

341 posts
4,138 battles
10 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Correct mate.  No gambler will ever tell you how much they have lost

Probably because, most likely, they will attempt to justify the amount they spent as worth it.

Gambling is a lot more fun if you are only in it for fun, and not actually trying to earn something from it. Or you see whatever you earn (in cases of lootboxes) as a desired outcome.

63 posts
4,368 battles

In the past Ive got 25 and literally got nothing from them. But then the next time i did it again i pulled out 4 Premium ships and 5k doubloons and 2 months of Premium time. It is a gamble and you have to expect nothing or you will be very disappointed. At the end of the day if you want just buy them from the shop directly otherwise its Win Big or Lose Big. Either way win or lose its up to the person to spend how they like and it goes to funding the game which everyone loves to play and keep supporting it.

[PHNAV]
25 posts
6,564 battles
On 4/16/2019 at 6:07 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The only losers from loot boxes are the people who think they will win

True, I fell for the 'its cheaper this way than the premium' trap...again. World of Warship knows how to trap your balls dry, and dupe you into buying. I didn't get a carrier in the 10 boxes I bought. :Smile_sad: