You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

Musashi Krond Affect

20 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
256 posts
7,010 battles

Just wondering that since the Musashi and the Krond HAD to be removed to prevent there being to many of them in game, will the same logic apply to CV's? 

Below is a waiting for game SS, considering the imbalance shown isn't there a similar issue? 

Will this be addressed? I know there is an event and special containers, at least I think there is it's some CV thing so who really cares :), but assuming the reason for the removal of the Musashi and Krond were actually based in truth shouldn't CV's be blocked from access for all players very soon as there are far to many in games??

Hehe sorry but I can't resist asking this, the answer is obvious I guess but just goes to show how things are really being done now :)

shot-19.04.15_19.14.25-0643.jpg

[LNA]
1,806 posts
11,319 battles

Don't worry , it will die down once the hype left. Remember : WG stack all CV into one big episode of its cycle : carriers.

So we get reworked CVs , premium CV open for sale ( and accessible to old owners ) and British CV ( a highly coveted line for various reason ).

That's atleast 3 reasons why people are into CV grinding mode.

We should be more worried about Stalin wet dream coming in the next 1 - 2 patches.

758 posts
8,604 battles

if you think 26 CV is a thing regarding usage

You gonna see 50-100 RUBB the first day they released as @legionary2099 mentioned

Spoiler

i will be one of the 50-100 players

Edited by Gummilicious

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
256 posts
7,010 battles

On the weekend there were 50plus in the Que but that's weekend I figure it would be high due to the lower level skill peeps wanting a easy to play and win platform to use. 

Beta Tester
2,326 posts
7,112 battles

if only AA build are still viable/relevant...

also no more clear sky achievement. or if only there are extra exp income from shooting down planes.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
256 posts
7,010 battles

I shot down 30 planes last game, it didn't make any diff, they had plenty more because there are always 2 of them, 1 per side, regardless of tier. I don't recall when I last had a cvless game :)

1,789 posts
50 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Heh if you think that is bad, I have seen worse.

I remember when the German BB line first came out. Over 100 BBs in queue with 9-10 Nassaus on each team.

That was great fun, I actually enjoyed that..... The funniest thing was, that I sank 2 of them in my mikasa at the time.... I got one by constantly setting him on fire & hiding & saiking around a rock with him on the other side,  the other was death by secondaries & mains....(also around the same rock). Dispersion also played its part :Smile_veryhappy:

Wish we had more MM like that....

Ordrazz

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
256 posts
7,010 battles

Yea I remember the German BB's :) It didn't seem to have an huge affect on the match outcomes because so many were bought with free XP by people who new nothing it was a Mariana turkey shoot for awhile, never seen so many broadsides :) 

At least thought they didn't unbalance the game, I believe the CV changes have, but that's life I guess. 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,625 posts

just leave the CV's for a few weeks, the joy of flying planes will wear off and players will return to the grind. If you see too many in Randoms, switch to Coop, only been getting CV's on my side, not the bots. In time, the CV population will dwindle, especially around Clan Battles, when CV's most likely will not be allowed.

763 posts
7,943 battles
On 4/15/2019 at 5:35 PM, Soloun said:

On the weekend there were 50plus in the Que but that's weekend I figure it would be high due to the lower level skill peeps wanting a easy to play and win platform to use. 

Huh, Easy to play but not easy to win my friend...

Influx like this happens everythime when something new and shiny comes out. If you are frustrated, just take a break. Also, why not try out CVs? You will then understand how "easy" they really are:cap_old:

Edited by _TAMAL_

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
256 posts
7,010 battles

I took a break for about 3 weeks when this happened, didn't change anything other then there now being even more CV's in game then there was at first :)

I still play because I still have some shred of hope that things will improve, but I'm not paying for it anymore, bugger that. 

As for easy wins I never said that I said they are easy to play, BUT to be honest I have no idea as I've never played them, to many is the problem I see and I'm not going to make it worse by giving into the dark side, not completely :)

57 posts
6,811 battles
22 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Influx like this happens everythime when something new and shiny comes out. If you are frustrated, just take a break. Also, why not try out CVs? You will then understand how "easy" they really are:cap_old:

Yea like those *beep* new US CLs & CAs after the line split. 4 Cleveland/Seattle/Worcester per team & their radars were still 10 km. DDs were bullied left and right.

1,651 posts
10,224 battles
3 hours ago, Soloun said:

As for easy wins I never said that I said they are easy to play, BUT to be honest I have no idea as I've never played them

If you are going to put it that way, then ALL ships are easy to play.

And if you have never played CVs, then what makes you think CVs are easier to play than other ships?

And because you have never played them, you have no idea what the limitations of CVs are and therefore have no idea how to counter them.

23 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Also, why not try out CVs? You will then understand how "easy" they really are:cap_old:

Unfortunately most of the CV haters won't. Probably because they are afraid that their experience won't fit their narrative.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
256 posts
7,010 battles

With regards to how easy OR NOT, they are to play I watch youtube videos with CV's in them based on the idea of know your enemy.

I just watched one from Flambass, I'd link it but not sure if that's allowed, in it he plays a Midway, while eating his lunch and talking to his stream :) 

Now he is Unicum granted but he wasn't really trying that hard, in between mouthfuls, he apologized for eating, he hadn't planned to put it on youtube but he ended up with a win, just, 4kills, 214k dmg, high calibre and solo warrior.

It could be me, but it didn't look as hard as pre patch CV, I used to watch Aeroon a lot on youtube, in fact it looked really easy, just not the type of game play I would enjoy.

I feel that surface ships combat involves more tactics and strategy, that looks like it involves next to none. 

His Vid is worth looking at, but you do have to keep in mind his skill set is well above average. 

763 posts
7,943 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Unfortunately most of the CV haters won't. Probably because they are afraid that their experience won't fit their narrative.

And yet they keep ranting and crying how CVs are dominating matches and making their life a complete nightmare... Even some of my Clanmates are hating me for playing CVs:Smile_trollface:

57 posts
6,811 battles
2 hours ago, Soloun said:

His Vid is worth looking at, but you do have to keep in mind his skill set is well above average. 

The latter half of your statement is an accurate shot to your own foot. You said it's very easy to win in a CV but oof you really reminded us he is not the kind of player you see on daily team here. He also has a video showing how he trumps the match in a Minotaur, the ship that is always doomed by the slightest error in positioning.

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,813 battles
3 hours ago, Soloun said:

With regards to how easy OR NOT, they are to play I watch youtube videos with CV's in them based on the idea of know your enemy.

I just watched one from Flambass, I'd link it but not sure if that's allowed, in it he plays a Midway, while eating his lunch and talking to his stream :) 

Now he is Unicum granted but he wasn't really trying that hard, in between mouthfuls, he apologized for eating, he hadn't planned to put it on youtube but he ended up with a win, just, 4kills, 214k dmg, high calibre and solo warrior.

It could be me, but it didn't look as hard as pre patch CV, I used to watch Aeroon a lot on youtube, in fact it looked really easy, just not the type of game play I would enjoy.

I feel that surface ships combat involves more tactics and strategy, that looks like it involves next to none. 

A single video that someone seemingly did amazing thing doesn't represent the whole picture. I also watch Flambass plays old Graf Zeppelin one shot enemy CV and then roflstromp enemy team a long time ago.

In modern day with the technology on hand, we can easily debunk the myth that you spreading. Can Flambass play CV to gain enough advantage to win more game than surface ship?

Let's look at his CV stats and compare to his surface ship stats:

image.thumb.png.41764894e2f162b8a06ff86ad4b009cc.png

His 21 day stats, shows that CV is pretty much in line with other ship type's performance, except DD appear to be significant lower. I know he is DD main, so this might indicate even flambass have difficult perform in DD.

image.thumb.png.ccfff2d9442b3c6cfcea85e2609aef13.png

His T10 CV stats shows that his CV win rate are lower than surface ship average. His midway average damage is not particular impressive.

Conclusion, He may have that one video impressed you, but if you judge the whole class by a few video without tried high tier CV yourself. You judgement will always be biased.

Everything competitive type games involve tactics and strategy. You can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but maybe due to your ignorance. 

Edited by sunlo2013

61 posts
4,345 battles

Ive been seeing 40-70 CV in the line up with 10BB, 20CA and 1or 2 DDs lol. Only 1 in 25 games with No CV. In that 25 games i got 2 games with 3CV a side at T8, terrible game for all ships involved.

261 posts
6,816 battles

The only game I've been frustrated by the presence of CVs was one yesterday where it was all T6 ships and then two T8 CVs per team, at that point it came down to who had the best CVs, but thats not a CV problem, thats a MM one